Rheem Optima

John

JohnMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Fantastic unit

The unit is quick recovery.
I have had this unit for 19 years and still no issues.
Will definitely buy same when it eventually goes.
Not sure if it is still made though.

Purchased in November 2000.

Noise Level
Household Size 3 person(s)
Smells of GasNo
Functionality
Temperature Consistency
Heating Speed

reviews

reviewsGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Long lasting..

Had a 135 litre for 16 years.. not one problem Have been thinking for a while now I need to decide what to do when something happens to this none. When I went to check on when it was installed I was surprised it was so long ago.I will now go and check the anode .. never been done.. and may be put a new one in and keep the unit going a bit longer.
Any way will simply replace it with the same when I need to.
t

Rheem A.Rheem

Great product, but let down by bodgy install from Rheem Service.

Very good product

Very good product.
I would have rated it excellent but for the bottom of the unit rusting with actual rust pieces breaking away.
This may be normal as the unit is now 9 years old but I hope that the inner holding cylinder is ok.
I only discovered this problem today so will have to investigate soon.
Reliable
Bottom of cylinder rusting away

Mick MountainNsw, 2340

Faithfull Service

We have had a Rheem Optima 400 ltr,twin element hot water system for the last 16 years and never had one bit of trouble with it.After installing it was just a case of set and forget,with 6 people in the house and a lot of hot water washing it has never given any problems or ever failed to supply continuous hot water.Being off peak,it only costs about $50 a month,but sadly has now reached the end of its days.The replacement will be another Rheem Optima 400 ltr because a man would be a fool to go away from the topline Rheem.Tried and proven service.
reliable,inexpensive,well finished,quality from top to bottum,you get more than you pay for.

Hi Mick Mountain,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your positive feedback. If you require any assistance with organising your new unit, our general enquiries phone number is 132 552, while service can be contacted through 131 031.

Mick Mountain

Already organised,will be installed Friday,Thanks for providing such a top line,quality product,cheers.

Enquiries190
Enquiries190

Agree with this post. 15 years service from Rheem Optima 400 twin, and just purchased identical unit as a replacement. Excellent product.

JayJay868

JayJay868Victoria, 3724

This gas hot water service has good solid performance. The recovery time is amazingly quick, which is a very handy feature. There is a 10 year warranty on the cylinder, so you cannot go wrong there; great piece of mind really. I find the unit is efficient with gas usage (I haven't got natural gas, only bottled LPG so I can really notice the usage which is quite small). Even on LPG it is cheaper than off-peak electric units.
Quick recovery time. Easy to access gas controls (including temperature setting). Never let me down. Reasonably effecient gas usage.
Nothing to report.

kitchenqueenAU

Never missed a beat

Chris

Chrisasked

Optima 811170 (170 Litre)

What's the cost of a Rheem optima 170lt.?

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your question. If you could please contact us by phone on 13 10 31,one of our friendly staff will be able to offer suitable assistance.

Kind Regards,

Chappo

Chappoasked

Looking at buying an old rheem optima 88 series 135 liter
Is there any problems running it on LPG(bottles) ?
Is there anything to look out for eg rust bunt out tanks
It's for a bush hut so it has the be reliable

Mick Mountain

To be honest it would be better to contact rheem themselves and ask.Their web address is www.rheem.com.au,that will give you the phone contacts you need.I hope you get the advice you are looking for,cheers.

Hi Chappo,

Thank you for providing us with your question. If you could please email us your contact details and referencing this question to rheem.service@rheem.com.au, or by phone on 131031, our team can assist you accordingly.

Kind Regards,

kitchenqueen

Agree with Mick Mountain. Best to contact Rheem and get the lowdown on LPG. I would question whether it would be wise to buy these second hand, (unless relatively new perhaps) as it would be almost impossible to check for things like rust etc. If you are out bush and reliability is an issue, then new might be a safer option.

oliver.wang.393

oliver.wang.393asked

Hi my Rheem optima 400L was gone after 12 years. I have to replace it, looking for same brand, same size. anyone knows any cheaper prices?

Hi Oliver,

We are happy to assist you, however we’re unable to confirm your contact details due to limited personal data availability on this website. Please send us your contact details to rheem.service@rheem.com.au, referencing your question, so a member of our team can assist you.

Kind Regards
Rheem Australia

Get an answer from our members and Rheem representatives