Russell Hobbs Perfect Sear Electric Frypan RHEFP17

Russell Hobbs Perfect Sear Electric Frypan RHEFP17

GarMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible Product and Customer Service

We purchased one of these units and were very disappointed with it. From the first use every type of food stuck and left stains on the surface. After about 3 months I reported this to Russell Hobbs customer service (or lack thereof) and was told this was normal. I will never purchase another Russell Hobbs product as their customer service was deplorable!!!

Date PurchasedMay 2016

What a Dissapointment

We have had the Russell Hobbs sear frypan. What a terrible nonstick surface. It burnt quickly and never worked as a non stick pan ever. The sear function works well, the temperature control works well, the lid steam vent broke in about 6 months. All of the screws loosened off over the first 12 months of use. Very disappointing.

Date PurchasedDec 2014

half hearted may not look again at one

Our unit started off good and then we followed suit and seared meat for a roast and then a cracks started to appear, and everything started to stick, did the ole bicarb soda clean to shift the stain and it did nothing, the pan kept sticking. I persevered then a second crack occurred after we noticed drips from the element cover were seeping onto our board. We took the cover off the element and cleaned this and this is when we noticed where the cracks were occurring from the element joins, the tubing over the element is not continuous and the crack in the base have appeared in the pan at this point.
Not Happy Jan bought Harvey Norman

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Electric Cooktops

Find out how Russell Hobbs Perfect Sear Electric Frypan RHEFP17 compares to other Electric Cooktops

Leanne

LeanneMelbourne

Disappointing from day 1.

I bought 2 of these,one for home and one for our van. Everything sticks and burns and that's only on the number 2 setting, it's a purchase that I regret and am annoyed that staff recommended it so highly, can't beat the good Teflon pans! I wonder if I might be able to get my money back?? Maybe we just got a bad batch and they might have a recall on them.

Terrible product

Followed all the recommended instructions but everything sticks, even when using oil. The pan has developed a burnt ring around the ceramic surface, but cant be from over-heating as we only use the 2 lowest settings or the food burns. Has deteriorated quicker than our previous Teflon pans and isn't half as good. The digital controls are terrible - setting 1 too cold, setting 2 not hot enough and setting 3 too hot, with several higher settings never used. Digital controls mean you cant adjust the temperature correctly to a setting in between those offered.

FritznsauceAdelaide

Best Electric Frypan I Have Owned

Don H

Don HGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Sticky problems

This frying pan is terrible. It has a ceramic coating which is meant that food doesn't stick.. Wrong!! everything stuck to it. It didn't matter if you used oil or anything to stop food being stuck.. The temperature was uneven and wouldn't remain constant. What a waste of money

Lynda L.asked

DISSAPOINTED - I got one of these ceramic frying pans for my husband . It has sticking problems around the element haven’t been able to budge it as directed. I am very disappointed as I have always bough Russell Hobb products. What can I do to fix this issue problem. I purchased it December 2018 for a Christmas present.

Gar

I threw our frypan in the bin and will never buy Russell Hobbs again. I wrote several emails to customer service and they were most unhelpful. Almost rude!!

Lynda L.

Thanks Gar think might be doing the same.

Christine

Christineasked

Hi can you use metal spoons on the iodonised frying pan electrical one?

Stevo44
Stevo44

it doesnt seem to scratch as easily as teflon but we have still been very careful with it so i cant comment with any certainty that metal utensils would be OK

Get an answer from our members and Russell Hobbs representatives