5Russell Hobbs Compact Kitchen Convection Oven RHTOV2HP

5Russell Hobbs Compact Kitchen Convection Oven RHTOV2HP
2.5

33% · 24 · 67%

Sheila B.9 posts

Use every day - very happy so far

Solid construction and does what it says it will do. I read reviews and manual before purchasing and so was aware that hotplates can't be used at same time as oven and that hotplates only have high temperature. Solution to the latter: find a STURDY open-wire grill stand (with legs) that is slightly higher than the hotplate, place over hotplate and place saucepan on top - this will allow simmering. This mini oven is great value for money (I paid $144) - you can't compare apples with pears! Show details
terry s7 posts

buyer beware

really dumb and stupid design no control at all with the hot plates they are full on or off. how smart is that? have not tried the oven as yet Show details
Andy
AndyCairns

Rubbish

We have been using our normal oven to cook small tray of veggies so bought oven to save power . Hobbs oven took at least double the time to cook them and the fact that the hot plates have no thermo switches makes it not fit for purpose. I think they are being half smart because if you read the box it says for boiling and frying no mention of simmering .

Karen
Karen

Extremely disappointed

Bought this today. Would not recommend. Assumed I would be able to simmer food, eg soups, stews, but there is only two setting. On, off. Do I continue to turn hot plates on and off until food is cooked? Never heard of a hot plate not having controls for simmering. As far as I am concerned this has been a waste of money. We are 2 pensioners. Thought this would replace the one we had. Cant afford to buy and install full stove, as we would need an electrician to install, as it would need 3 phase.

Ads
Ads

Just got given by realestate

Just had this given to me new from realestate, its the 2nd one I've been given. This one was new just before Christmas 17 and now Feb 18, whilst using oven. Or power is on its squels and smoke is poiring from vents on side. This mode has 2 hot plates ontop which I've never used.

Suelorr
SuelorrWestern Australia19 posts

Works well but could be better

This product is brilliant as regards size especially for 1 person on the down side there is nothing to tell you the oven has reached the temperature you have to guess also you can not use hot playes at the same time as the oven bit other than that its good for the price