Ryobi 36V Hedge Trimmer RHT3600

Ryobi 36V Hedge Trimmer RHT3600

See the Best Hedge Trimmers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Ryobi

3.3

KeithyNorth Queensland, QLD

I’d hedge my bets on this trimmer

• +2Thumbnail

Purchased in July 2020.

heatherSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great product

Easy to use
    Lightweight, but plenty of power.
    36 volt battery interchangeable with other products in their range.
    Great after sales service.
    Goes well with other products from your he range we have bought

Purchased in September 2018 at Murwillumbah mowers.

Ian B
    Ian BKingaroy

Drive mechanism breaks easily.

Date PurchasedJune 2016
    Wai Keung
    Wai Keung

Not to heavy hedge trimmer

just use this few times, is pretty good cut because i use the lawn mower is same brand so i can use the same battery, power is enough, try to compare with other brand but purchased this one finally. same as other user said , you just use one speed only, other one is not enough powerful

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Zed
    ZedSydney, NSW

Had it for 7 months - minimal use

Had this trimmer for about 7 months, worked well until today...it just died.

I let it cool down and after that it’ll only work for about half a second...came back to bunnings and swapped it with the AEG 18V hedge trimmer which is $20 more than the Ryobi Kit but I feel it’s a better build and has better features + it comes with the charger and a 6.0mah battery which is excellent and would last a lot longer than the battery that comes with the Ryobi kit.

Also the AEG has 6 year product warranty and 3 year battery warranty + it’s brushless & it weighs 3.0kg which is pretty good and also comes with a blade cover the Ryobi one didn’t.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
    Paul
    PaulYamba

Handy tool

Just used it yesterday and did a good job on my small hedge.I think it may not be so good for heavy jobs but for a small garden it is very handy.The extended 6 year warranty is also a big plus.
    As I say good light hedging and small gardens

Date PurchasedNov 2017
    ghtLaunceston

Worst tool I have ever owned.

I have had this for a couple of years now. Each spring I get it out and then forget what a heap of junk it is. How anyone can give it a good review (they must be working for Ryobi !) I don't know because it simply will not trim even a blade of grass let alone a small hedge. On even the smallest branches (less than 1mm diameter) it jams continuously. I should have returned it when I first got it but it's too late now as it's out of warranty. I have lots of Ryobi tools and they are all great but the company should be ashamed of themselves for producing something as bad as this.

Date PurchasedOct 2015
    ght

As an update and in fairness to Bunnings, I approached them with my concerns and I have now received a full refund. Well done Bunnings.

Heids
    HeidsRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Cuts through lantana

I am clearing lantana and crofton weed by hand and need to get to the lowest points in order to cut the stems. Lantana grows in all directions and I was using a chainsaw to break the canopy to get into the lower stems. This is both cumbersome and inappropriate. I thought of using a hedge trimmer and started researching all options. I ended up purchasing this one for a) the 2-speed option; and b) the claimed 24mm cutting thickness. I have used it all week and can highly recommend it. I use the low speed ("rough cut") option with the HedgeSweep attached and it cuts the stems very satisfactorily. I would give it 5 stars but for the crappy blade guard. It is a real pain to put on. So far, so good.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

fruechtel
    fruechtelBrisbane

Worked well until it stopped

I have had this unit for 2 years ( out of warranty ) and used it regularly to cut a big hedge. Worked well and so much lighter than a petrol unit. Unfortunately it has no developed a problem in the gear box / blade unit and cannot be used anymore. Motor still spins, but blades only move intermittently and stall when cutting. Not really worth getting repaired, so back to the petrol trimmer, unfortunately.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Outbound
    OutboundSouth East Queensland, QLD

Its good but not great

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Extremely poor performance and not fit for purpose.

I purchased the Ryobe Expand-it 36v system with the line cutter. I had to buy the hedge trimmer attachment separately, problem is, it simply doesn’t work. It just chomps away bending and bruising without giving a clean cut. Anything over about 3mm diameter, forget it, it is totally useless, I would not recommend this product and will be returning it to Bunnings tomorrow morning.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Annette
    AnnetteBeenleigh

Works great

Bought this last year.
    very easy to use, too easy in fact.
    Cut right through our cable because it was still running after I’d taken my fingers of the on/of switches , was running about 8 seconds afterwards.
    Nice lime green colour.
    Blades are rusting a bit because i don’t put it back into its plastic sleeve after I use it. I know.. my bad

Date PurchasedJuly 2017

sathutu
    sathutuAU

Pretty good

I have been using for about 2 years (just the skin), have not had any issues so far. I use the battery that came with a mower. I use this to trim a hedge that is about 10m or so long -a fully charge battery never runs out during my use + plus it does trimming pretty well.

barra220
    barra220Mornington Peninsula, vic

Excellent. Does what it is meant to do with ease.

I have been using this hedge trimmer for 2 years and i love it. The power from the 36v battery is as powerful as the electric bosch that it replaced. The other reviewer must have been given a lemon because mine is very powerful and a delight to use. I have trimmed 15 to 20mm diameter branches of my tree lined driveway with ease. I hope that this review helps you decide on this purchase. Bunnings are great for returns and especially on ryobi products as they are the exclusive dealers.
    Hope this helps.