5Ryobi 900W Constant Pressure Pump RCPP900-D

Walter
Walter

Noisey RCPP900

Hi all.
I replaced a old pump on Sunday. Went to bunnings and installation was seamless once I got my own pumping connectors sorted. It is running from a gravity fed water thank.
However it is noiser than expected and seems to have a scraping/suction type noise when running. Unsure if I need to bleed it even if I can.

Any ideas, anyone.

FirepowerSouth East Queensland, QLD64 posts

Ryobi Water Pump RCPP900-D

I have had the pump a couple of weeks and used it a lot and it is a great pump. The pressure for watering is really good with the water coming from the water tanks.

It runs very smoothly and have mounted it on a board, as in the photo. I bought the Holman WiFi tap timer. They are handy when I am around the front of the house and want the tap at the front to work. Best feature of them is you set how long you want the water to flow in a sprinkler and it turns the water off. I used to forget to turn the sprinkler off and the tanks run dry.

Not much more to say about the pump except I am really pleased with it and it has 4 year replacement warranty from Bunnings. Show details

KRD
KRD

Hi, brand new pump installed a few weeks ago. Goes for 10secs then pressure cuts for a second or two, then goes back to full pressure. This stops happening when the taps inside are run at full pressure. My plumber can’t figure out what’s wrong, the old pump didn’t have this issue. The manual is a waste of space as well. Should I go get my money back & get a different brand or is there a solution? Definitely won’t recommend this pump to others. Thanks

Helen
Helen

My Ryobi pressure pump turns on for about 10 seconds every few minutes. I don't know what's wrong with it but its running up my power bill. I've pressure tested the pipe - no leaks. It runs two garden taps and three toilets. The toilets don't leak into the bowls and the taps don't leak either. I just don't understand what is causing the problem. Any ideas?

New Ryobi RCPP900-D constant pressure pump
Pump set up with 50mm inlet and outlet lines.
I followed the Owners Operating Manual page 2 LCD operation and cannot get the screen to return to normal operation after setting the head height. The value for the head height flashes, but when I press and hold the Menu nothing happens.
What am I not doing or doing incorrectly?

Firepower

Did you ever sort out the problem? Just interested as I'll probably have to adjust mine soon..