Ryobi RBL3650J

See the Best Battery Blower Vacuums in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Powerful Machine

Needed a decent power blower / vacuum so hubby picked this Ryobi one, apart from being a bit noisy as all blower vacs are we think this is great value for money, haven’t failed us yet and we have quite a large yard to clean up for the price we are very happy

Date PurchasedDec 2017

new model hopeless

i had the now discontinued 36 volt blower what a wonderful machine light easy to use and very good directional air flow it was stolen and i replaced it with the 36 volt jet blower absolutely hopeless you can't easily corral the leaves its has no directional ability at all what a waste of money and a useless piece of machinery it takes twice as long to do half a good as job maybe somebody at Ryobi should use these things outside before you start manufacturing and ripping of the public

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Exceeded expectations!

I wanted the option of no petrol and fumes, no power leads and low maintenance ... So a battery blower was in order. I went with ryobi due to lower shelf cost. Bunnings stocked two 36v blowers one high volume and the other high velocity... I believe the jet blower is high volume. Extremely impressed with the quality and operation... Awesome blower.... Go to bunnings ask for a demo and see for your self.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

I should have read the general Product Reviews First

I'm not at all impressed with the Ryobi 36V 5.0Ah Jet Li-ion Cordless Blower Kit. Wish I'd done my research via Product review (as I usually do) instead of Bunnings staff over several months at three stores!. I've I'd seen the general low star rating for their products I would have steered clear.
The design for ergonomic usability is appalling and features are sadly lacking for a top of the range blower. The promoted run-time is 25 minutes - the staff at Bunnings thought this was a mistake and it would go for a longer period, fortunately I didn't believe them.

The air inlet is on an angle so that mostly it tries to suck in clothing meaning that the unit needs to be carried higher and lifted away from the body. (I'm 163 cm I don't think this has would make a difference, unfortunately the two males in the household don't do gardening so can't check)

While the variable speed is handy it still doesn't provide sufficient control to effortlessly direct leaf litter.

My driveway is approx 35-40 metres plus carport, two flights of steps and frond door area. The unit will not fully clear that area within a single battery charge. It was better the on the first use when I scampered outside with a freshly charged battery, now as per instructions I charge the battery when cooled down but I think the battery must loose charge over time because now I can't clear the drive and two flights of stairs in one go. In my opinion, it's not worth the money.