Ryobi RLM16E36S

Ryobi RLM16E36S

MPN: RLM16E36S

Push Mowers Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of push mower would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

3.4

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • Wet / Damp Grass Performance
Ambarish Nanda

Ambarish NandaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Found it really good for the price

Works really well for my medium size yard. Initially i struggled to manage the wire while mowing. But then got used to it and it does the job for me with the price I paid. Only thing could have been better is a bigger size bag as it gets filled pretty quickly.

Purchased in January 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$196.00.

Hemi

HemiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cant go wrong if u have small mowing area

Pretty good for a small mowing area as i have around 100m2 to mow sir walter grass . It is wired so have to be careful about that but obviously i know it before buying. Very easy to assemble, did the job well as i only mowed it once. Comes with a 4 year replacement warrenty which gives u peace of mind.

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$196.00.

Brucebme

BrucebmeSydney, NSW

Its been easy to use but motor failed after 2 years.

This mower has been good and easy to use just have to get used to having a cord behind you, as is the case with all electric mower. This mower is very light and easy to manoeuvre. Grass catcher is also light and seems OK.
Have approx 100 m2 of level grass which get mowed on average every 2 to 3 week.
I have had the mower for 2 years but today could smell the motor over heating and slowing down. Just dismantled it and found bottom bearing in the motor had failed and was spinning in the plastic housing.
Have just spoken with Ryobi service agent and he advised that it would be cheaper to replace the whole mower than to repair.
Considering getting a push mower.

Purchased in October 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$189.00.

Smaths

SmathsSydney

I like this mower, but there are better

Purchased in December 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$189.00.

wniroshan

wniroshanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Does its job

Bought it about 3 months ago. No problems so far. I have a 30sqm buffalo lawn. The bag is just enough to collect all the cuttings in one go. If the lawn was any bigger, I'd have to pause and empty the bag.
Sometimes the wire gets in the way. Cannot cut edges if you have a wall because wheels get in the way.

Purchased in February 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$186.00.

Jaspa

JaspaBrisbane

One obvious failing point

The 'on' button used in the smaller Ryobis mowers (AC and battery) is not robust enough for constant on/off/on work, as it should be designed for. It failed. Apart from that major flaw which sent it back to Bunnings after 8 months, this machine is actually quite powerful if you don't mind manipulating an extension lead all the time. That did become quite wearing on a 350m block. For $189, I considered it was a good solution until the major fail. After the refund, I upgraded to an Ozito battery mower.

Purchased in August 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$189.00.

A handy hint

I plan to buy this today.

In regards to the plug issue you get your power cable and wrap it around the handle once and then plug it into the socket. Ive always done this for all of my corded devices so they dont get unexpectantly disconnected.

Previously l had a Bosch corded 1800w mower twice both of which had the motor burn out. I am hoping this is mot the case here.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Diamondlighting

Diamondlighting

Everyone knows what Gravity is right..? Seems the engineers of this unit don't.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Ardy

ArdyBallarat

Very good product

It has only a little problem which every time with a big of pressure, it gets unplugged. All the rest is fine.
My yard is 90 sqm which is not big nor small and it cuts all the lawn. I used level 2 and it was quite capable. My lawn at some point reached half a meter yet the machine cut it quite easily. Given its price, I am very happy

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Maddie

MaddiePerth

Not as good as shown on tv

We bought this because it looked very impressive on TV and in a few garden shows but the charge time is far out long and gives only an hour on our garden. It doesn't handle our type of grass very well as its thick and cuts out a lot which isn't good

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Mario Pereira

Mario PereiraAustralia Perth

Good power and quality for the price

Very low noise factor when operating and absolute freedom to use the mower anywhere as it’s cordless and good power. The Ryobi batteries lithium are awesome a great investment in clean and reusable energy love the product also can’t wait to get the new introduction of 8Ah and 10Ah lithium battery

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Mob S

Mob SPerth

Absolutely rubbish!

It was crap until today when it stopped working! At least could get a refund! Avoid at all costs!
Couldnt get an even mowing, was getting stuck in my small lawn, with just a bit of slope! Happy that it didnt work anymore..
They were like what did you do!? I said mowing! Obviously its not mower!!

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Jackie00

Jackie00Geelong

REGRET MY PURCHASE

This was one of the few corded electric mowers I could find and I got it at Bunnings. It struggles to cut my small new Kikuyu lawn at the front of the house and it is very hard to push the mower along on it. it does better on the back lawn but I have never seen an electric mower kick up so much dust. We have a few bare patches in the lawn. Also I should have taken more notice of the width, although we do not have that much lawn, 36cm is quite narrow.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Matilda

MatildaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Electric socket cord keeps falling out when mowing lawn - DANGEROUS.

I am very disappointed with this mower. It cuts well & manoeves well but the where you plug the cord into the lawn mower socket it continually falls out. I thinks this is dangerous. I have used it on different levels but there is no improvement. I would have expected better for the price I paid. You have to keep starting it frequently....... and I only have a small area to mow. Very disappointed!!!!!! Would definitely not buy another Ryobi electric mower.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Ryobi Corded Electric Lawn Mower

Date PurchasedDec 2018
CapRoberts

CapRobertsSydney

Overall quite happy just one annoying feature