Sally Hansen Miracle Gel

Sally Hansen Miracle Gel

See the Best Nail Care Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Sally Hansen? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• No UV lamp required

• Lasts up to 2 weeks

• 91 shades available

Cons

• Takes a long time to dry

• Not even coverage

• May be harsh on nails

• Causes Irritation Yes (2) · No (19)
  • Ease of Application
  • Colour
  • Longevity
  • Texture
  • Chipping / Cracking Yes (14) · No (6)

Jane
JaneSouth East Queensland, QLD

The worst nail polish of all time.

If I could rate this zero stars I would.
-Goes on very streaky
-The initial colour hadn't dried after 8 hrs, so when I applied the top coat in the morning it further messed the colour up.
-A waste of money, the price point for this polish is more expensive than others in store.
-This polish will not be used again.

Purchased in August 2021 for $32.00.

Vicki M.
Vicki M.Perth, WA

A great alternative to gel, shellac and sns

I thought I’d try the miracle gel after developing a reaction to gel and sns powder. I’ve had my nails done by salons for years so they were not in the best shape. I’ve never been a fan of traditional nail polish as it starts to chip and peel almost as soon as it is applied.
I did 2 coats of the red (which dried really fast) and then the top coat, and have had no chipping or peeling for 4 days. I’m very happy and pleasantly surprised.

Purchased in July 2021 at Woolworths for $15.00.

rosiedesilva
rosiedesilvaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Doesn’t dry. Even after two hours

The polish is really thick and the brush wide making it hard to apply. I applied watching a movie and my nails were still wet two hours later when it finished. The polish chipped completely by the end of the day. Very disappointed in this purchase

Purchased in June 2021 at Chemist Warehouse for $12.00.

Hayley D.
Hayley D.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Waste of money

I thought spending the extra money on a ‘good brand’ would be worthwhile. These products are terrible. Doesn’t dry even after half an hour!!! I’ll never buy this brand again

Purchased in February 2021 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store.

Total waste of money

This nail polish is terrible. What on earth justifies the price!? It's thick and cluggy, super streaky when being applied and does not dry. $30 on nail polish, and it will be removed straight away. Nothing like gel nails. $1 non brand nail polish could do a better job.

Purchased for $30.00.

Colour

Waste of money

Streaky when applied, literally does not dry, like ever. Bunches up on nail if you touch something after 3 hours, goes on too thick . Everything is so disappointing and a waste of money

Purchased in January 2021.

Causes Irritation No
Jenni
JenniBallarat

So disappointed!

It cost over $34 for the colour and cover coat. It didn't dry as it promised, it was 'dinted' after allowing it to dry for 2 hours. Chipped on the first day. Just rubbish and I'm very angry that I spent the money on a product that is apparently a good brand.

Purchased in May 2020 at Big W Retail Stores for $34.00.

LeaJoyH
LeaJoyHSouthwest, VIC

A nice surprise!!

I read the previous reviews after purchasing the product but decided to try it anyway. Not sure if they have changed the formula but it worked very well for me. I've had gel nails for years and with being in Covid-19 isolation needed an alternative. So glad this works. Ive just put it on and it dried instantly. Glossy top coat shining beautifully. Looking forward to seeing how long it lasts before chipping. Very happy so far.

Purchased in April 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for $13.50.

Debbie Gee
Debbie GeeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Removes a layer of your nails

Dried quickly, no chips for a few days.
I used acetone free polish remover to take it off and off came a full layer of nail! Absolutely devastated, my nails are so unhealthy now and look awful after only one application.
It’s going in the bin- what a waste of money.

Purchased in January 2020.

Sue B.
Sue B.Sydney, NSW

Doesnt dry .. Why Sally WHYYYYY ????

Colour 244 Purchased $16.95 before christmas 2019. First coat streaks second coat clumps and sticks like thick glue and Doesnt matter how long I wait for it to dry ..With/without a fan directly aimed at my nails... Not only does it not dry but then bubbles as well. What a waste of money. I want a refund... and dont bother asking for a receipt when you Know your product is crap. Take a look at all the other reviews with exactly the same issue.

Purchased in November 2019 at Priceline for $16.95.

Desert tiger
Desert tigerSydney, NSW

This bubbles help? I would check my review vit

Every time, every colour, 3 Coats, Dry between, third coat makes it bubble with Matte & gloss. This is so ridiculous this company needs to make it up to me for the cost. Where do I write these people to fix or return? So why not. This nail polish sucks so post my review

Purchased in December 2019 for $11.00.

LSU
LSUPerth, WA

Sally Hansen Miracle Gel doesn't dry

The product description says it should dry without a UV lamp. The product (Sally Hansen Miracle Gel) in fact doesn't dry. Product also doesn't have an even coverage when applied on the nails.

Purchased in January 2020 at Woolworths Physical store for $17.50.

Emilie K.
Emilie K.South East Queensland, QLD

Takes forever to dry

I bought regal rose. Have attempted to wear it twice, both times abandoned my attempts and took it off because it takes literally hours to dry, does not apply evenly and looks nothing like gel nails.

Purchased in January 2020 at Priceline for $18.00.

Kaz
KazGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Disappointed

My first Time purchase, gel pale pink, from chemist wareHouse, sally Hansen’s products dominated the shelves, thought it must be good.
I applied a coat, smudges, so applied another
Then mega shine. I’m sorry it looked dreadful the only product I liked was the nail remover.
I’m will not be buying her nail polish again.
In my opinion it’s too thick.
K

Purchased in January 2020 at Mornington Baby Goods Warehouse.

Colour
Unhappy VIP Customer
Unhappy VIP CustomerSydney, NSW

Poor Quality Nail Polish

This is my first time use of this nail polish and within one day every nail had chipped. Reapplied nail polish and top coat and same result. A waste of time and money. Poor quality control.

Purchased in January 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for $15.00.

Carol T.
Carol T.asked

Solution: I was about to throw my Miracle Gel away, or at least hide it down the back of the drawer when I tried putting the Topcoat on FIRST. That is, I used the #2 Topcoat as a base coat - and guess what! The polish is not nearly as streaky when applied over the Topcoat. It’s not ideal as a product such as this should have been thoroughly quality tested before being released into the shops, however it least saves people’s money when you would otherwise have been binning it. Just a note, 2 applications of Topcoat used as a base under the nail polish work even better.

Sally Hansen’s Miracle Gel is the next best thing to a salon gel manicure that you can do at home. It comes in 91 shades and can be commonly found in many drugstores. It claims to give up to 14 days of colour & shine. You can remove it like regular nail polish and requires no soaking or scraping.

Size: 14.7mL

Directions

1. Make sure nails are clean and dry.

2. Use nail polish remover to wipe away any residue on the nail.

3. Apply 2 coats of Miracle Gel™ Color. Allow the first coat to completely dry before applying the next.

4. Apply 1 coat of Miracle Gel Shiny Top Coat or Miracle Gel Matte Top Coat for ultimate longwear.

What reviewers thought:

Users have claimed that this product is very slow to dry and can be streaky when applied. It is not great value for money since the formula is thick and dents easily. When users have removed it, it also strips a layer of the nail as well and may harm the nails.

CategoryNail Care Products