Samboy Potato

Samboy Potato

See the Best Chips in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Samboy Potato? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

EdwardoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Samboy -Atomic Tomato Best chips ever made - why not in stores

Can't believe the spoonhead reviews here. Samboy are the best chips by far and the atomic tomato are the best chips ever made. its very annoying that coles and woolworths don't sell them....

Purchased in January 2021 at IGA for $2.50.

Kevin
KevinSouth East Queensland, QLD

Where's the flavour gone.!!

Hi , been a Samboy BBQ fan.FOR years I'm 52, what has happened to the BBQ flavour use to be a lot stronger..

Purchased in October 2020 at FoodWorks for $4.00.

Chrissi
ChrissiPerth, WA

BACK TO SMITHS CRISPS

Samboy used to be my favourite and now they’re just a tasteless bag of potatoes. No flavour and nothing like they used to be!!! People aren’t stupid!!! Use cheap arsed flavouring and trick your consumers is disgusting!!! Shame on you. Thank god for Smiths who thankfully have lifted their game and brought back the good ole packed with flavour BBQ chips!!!

Purchased in September 2020 at Coles for $5.00.

Doug Cathey J.
Doug Cathey J.South East Queensland, QLD

BBQ Chips Have Lost All Flavour

I have eaten Samboy BBQ chips for almost 60 years and, until recently, they were my favourite chips. Unlike competitors’ products, they seldom seem to come on special but I have been prepared to pay a premium for the distinctive strong spicy flavour. Not any more! There is virtually no flavour at all, except for that of the oil they are cooked in and they are actually less flavoursome that a major competitor‘s corresponding product that I have previously avoided for any real lack of taste. Mr Samboy, please revert to the original recipe!

Purchased in August 2020 at IGA Maleny.

Pete
Pete

Flavour packed, crunchy. Best chips ever.

Flavour packed, crunchy. Best chips ever. Wish the pack was bigger.

Purchased in June 2020 at Woolworths for $1.00.

Sheena
SheenaPerth, WA

Severe cramps from Samboy Atomic Tomato Chips

Was so excited to get these.
Ate around 1/3 of the large bag and all of a sudden my stomach started gurgling and turning, I got hot flushes and ran for the bathroom. 30 minutes later my stomach is still going wild and I'm trying to concentrate on not throwing up.

Purchased in March 2020 at IGA for $3.50.

Stacey
StaceyPerth, WA

Food poisoning

Purchased in February 2020 at IGA for $2.99.

These were my favourite chips, now they have no flavour

I used to buy these all the time because of the amount of seasoning. Got some to today at Woolworths & I was disappointed. Same with the Atomic Tomato. The expiry is June 2020 btw.

Purchased in January 2020 for $3.00.

Jane
JaneMelbourne

Where has the BBQ Gone? Flavour doesn’t hit you anymore!

We bought 4 packets of our old favourite Samboy bbq chips at Coles last week & not one packet tasted like we remembered... flavour definitely lacking & certainly no longer hits you
What’s happened Samboy?

Purchased in January 2020 at Coles.

Marty
MartyHobart, TAS

What happened to the taste of Samboy BBQ chips?

Samboy BBQ chips were my favourite chips many years ago and I happened to see them on special at my local Woolies store a couple of weeks back so I bought a packet. The chips looked the same but the flavour was definitely nothing like what I remembered. They were the strangest tasting BBQ chips I have ever had and needless to say I won't be buying another packet any time soon!

Purchased in September 2019 at Woolworths Physical store for $1.50.

Wendy
WendyDarling Downs, QLD

Disappointed

Samboy BBQ chips are the only chips I eat. They are pretty hard to find. I can only get them at Coles on a rare occasion. So when I seen Coles had a lot in this day, I bought 3 packets. When I opened them up they looked different and tasted exactly like Smiths BBQ chips. Very disappointed. I opened all the packets and they were all the same. So I went and bought Smiths BBQ chips to compare them and yes exactly the same chip. Please go back to your original recipe.

Purchased in September 2019 at Coles for $2.50.

TASTES DIFFERENT

Waiting forever for chicken to come back, but of course, they don't taste the same.
How hard can it be to resurrect the original recipe. Cmon snackfoods, where's your pride. Wont be buying again.

Purchased in September 2019 for $3.00.

Nafe
NafeLaunceston, TAS

Wow finally chicken flavor back!!! I been waiting forever. Best most tasty flavorsome chips ever.

Australian. The flavor really hits you commercial was a big success in the 80s. Been Australian from beginning. Established in the 1950s in Australia. Has been acquired by another Australian company recently.

Purchased in August 2019 at Woolworths Physical store for $3.00.

Where's the flavor

It was like trying to find a needle in a haystack, flavor no where to be found,crazy fan since kid my go to chips please flavor bomb the chips a little more

Purchased in August 2019 at Woolies.

Tash
TashDarling Downs, QLD

Must have

Every house must have these in the pantry. They are just perfect for any occasion. The more flavour the better they are. Love it even better when it's 2 for the price of one

Purchased in January 2012 at Coles Supermarkets.

Read more reviews - page 2