Samsung Galaxy Book

Samsung Galaxy Book

10.6" 4G, 10.6" Wi-Fi, 12" 4G and 12" Wi-Fi

The perfect machine

The Samsung Galaxy S book with key board is a windows ten operationing tablet with many features a laptop usally has .It has a start up wizard that a novice person will findcit easy to operate

Purchased in August 2019 for $1,600.00.

Body Durability
Front (Selfie) Camera Quality
Software
Security
Speed

Perfect change from laptop to mini computer

It took time to figure out a lot of the tablet mode functions. It doesn't have the ability to download all apps. The battery life doesn't last long. Otherwise it runs well and is a good little computer.

Purchased in May 2017 for $900.00.

Body Durability
Software
Security
Speed

Disappointed

We have been loyal Samsung customers for years and have spent thousands of dollars on Samsung products including appliances, televisions, tablets, cell phones and more.

We're have always recommended Samsung products to our family and friends.

That will not be happening anymore.

We recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy Book. This product has not worked since we got it. My have has spent over 20 hours with customer service and we sent the product in to get it working. It's still not working. We got passed from person to person for days.

Today my wife was told to bad so sad. We will continue with customer support and you can continue to send it in to us but no promise we can resolve the issue.

We are sad but all we want is a product that works. We even talked to a supervisor with the same answer.

Time to start buying our products from a different company.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Well balanced productivity device and relatively good value

I'm a management consultant and needed a mobile windows machine with all the bells and whistles that I can use anywhere, and didn't want to spend more than $2,000. Spent a few months considering different options, especially the HP X360 13 inch series, but am glad I went with the Samsung.
Main reason I chose it was for the screen - I have a Samsung android tablet and the screen blows my mind every day. The Galaxy Book has the same affect - its Super AMOLED screen runs at FHD+ resolution, with clarity and vibrant colours. My unit is the 256GB SSD with 8GB memory version, and with the i5 processor its a well thought out balance of performance and battery life. Sound quality from built in speakers is almost iPad quality, and has wide separation for good stereo effects. The unit gets warm but not hot, and the fan is whisper quiet.
If I had one gripe it would be the trackpad - it can be a little jumpy, but I am still getting used to it.
All I have had to buy is a $69 adaptor from USB-C to regular USB and HDMI connectivity. The tablet weighs a measly 750g by itself, and the included keyboard/cover another 450g. The charger is a phone type charger, just a tad bigger, and very portable and light.
These retail at $1899 and I was lucky enough to get mine as a factory second - a most minor scratch here and there for a significant price reduction.
It doesn't have biometrics for windows built in, but running the Samsung Flow apps I can unlock Windows with my Samsung smartphone in a jiffy.
Great job Samsung.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
8 months into it now and this PC continues to shine. Simply fantastic value, it goes everywhere easily and does everything. Could not be happier.This is what we like to hear! We’re glad to hear you’re enjoying your Samsung Galaxy Book and thank you for leaving your positive feedback :) If you have any questions, you can also reach out via Facebook- please ensure to copy and paste your product review in a private message to us. > m.me/SamsungAustralia Mick Samsung AU

Great device with some minor annoyances

I'll keep my review short but overall machine is quite good. I've used many devices in the past but this is my favourite so far. The OLED screen is by far the highlight and makes creating and viewing content very enjoyable. KB cover is average in terms of options for the stand but overall works well and is pleasant to type on. Pen works very well has a different sort of feedback when compared to the surface machines feels more natural to use. I got the i5, 4GB ram model but haven't had any performance issues with my general usage of browsing the web, light document work and photo editing in lightroom.

Downsides: The Fan runs all the time, its not very loud but may bother some. Battery life is about average around the 4-5 hour mark not at the 11hr mark as advertised but I tend to have the brightness at around 70-75% so may have something to do with it. The stand not being lap friendly.

All in all a good machine just abit on the pricey end wait till its on special I'd say before buying.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

It’s average

It’s average and is fairely good. It is good to use and gets the job done. The tablet itself is good although very small, is good (especially with the stylus.) this isn’t my favourite Samsung product though because the Samsung galaxy, and the Samsung tvs work more efficient and nice.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Good Computer but the stand is a joke and so is the support

Had this computer for only a few weeks. The computer is excellent and the screen is exceptional. The main issue is the stand. The stand simply does not work and the computer has fallen over numerous times. To the point it fell off the table and onto the floor fracturing the screen. I sent the unit in for Warranty repair and Samsung refused to cover the break. I am going to raise this with Australian Consumer Affairs also as I believe the stand is not fit for purpose. I would suggest you take second thoughts before buying this computer as the stand is useless!!!!!

Date PurchasedJan 2018
After making a written complaint to Samsung they still refuse to cover the warranty and the customer service person who called was extremely rude.

A fine 2-in-1 device, and the most affordable full OS device that uses an OLED screen on the market.

I bought this device around July last year, and I've been very satisfied with the purchase.

Pros:
- Desktop operating system (Windows 10). Among the many benefits that having a full system entails, the one that I attach the most importance to is having a proper file management system. This is a complete replacement for a laptop.
- Slim, lightweight and ultra portable. You can carry it around your bag for no extra cost
- The OLED screen is amazing. A visual treat that will leave you grimacing should you ever need to return to an LCD screen.

Mixed Opinion:
-- The battery lasts roughly 6 hours when used for normal activities such as web browsing or word processing. It's decent, but a far cry from the advertised potential.
- The detachable keyboard+case is comfortable and solid, but sometimes I miss the fine calibration of viewing angles that once can achieve with a clamshell laptop design.

Cons:
- The sole presence of USB type C ports means that you will need an adapter for the many accessories you likely own that only with older USB connector types.
- 4GB ram falls somewhat short of today's standards for hardware. It must be conceded that better specs would come at the expense of form factor and portability, but nonetheless, I have (not infrequently) encountered system freezes and slowdowns when I have one too many tabs open in my browser.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Great mobile device

I purchased my Samsung Galaxy Book 12 4G as a replacement for my Toshiba Z20T 4G from the Samsung 'popup shop' at a nearby shopping centre.

Setup was straightforward, but be prepared to allow time (a few hours) to download/install updates and apply personalisation during the setup process. If you have a Microsoft account, you can use that to carry over some of your settings.

I was impressed with the slimness of the unit and it comes with a keyboard cover as standard. A pen is included for interaction with the touch screen. Inserting a SIM card and microSD card was easy to do, a tool, similar to what is supplied with iPhones, comes with the packaging to facilitate opening the card slot cover. There are minimal ports on the unit, in keeping with its sleek profile. There are 2 USB C type ports and 1 standard headphone socket. Charging is via an AC adapter and USB cable that can be used for connecting with another computer if desired.

Pleasingly, the device and its supplied accessories come packaged in 100% recyclable materials.

To turn the device on, one needs to hold the power button down for a few seconds until the power light changes to a steady dark blue and the brand logo appears on the screen. The operating system supplied is Windows 10 Pro. The supplied keyboard cover snaps into place nicely. The backrest part folds into a triangle to support the screen at a comfortable viewing angle. The keyboard itself is backlit whilst in use and I found typing, even at a faster pace is comfortable. I found the unit to surprisingly stable when resting in my lap, without the tilting issues experienced with a regular laptop.

Not being a regular pen user with touch screens, I had a few issues with it. There is no onboard storage for the supplied pen other than a supplied stick on holder. I prefer to use a mouse, so have opted for attaching a USB hub to plug in my wireless mouse.

Overall I am very pleased with the device and its performance for my activities and compliments my desktop nicely. The 4G capability gives me the freedom to connect to the web when I'm out and about and not have to rely on wifi.