Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0

Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 (2013)

Wi-Fi Only, 4G, 3G

3.9

pr_memberMelbourne

Suddenly stopped working

When it was working it was good. Then it suddenly stopped a few weeks ago. Working one moment, the next day after charging over night, nothing. The charger is used to charge other devices and they are fine. The device won't hard reset, won't respond to a charge cable insertion, won't power up after 30 seconds, tried removing and reinserting the battery, same with the port, no signs of stickiness (that I was told indicates water damage).

Meanwhile, my even older Acer tablet is still working so there's no reason for this to fail just like that. :S

Date PurchasedMay 2014
    Samsung
    Samsung AUSamsung

awesome

I found this model very easy to use, clear and easy instructions, good screen, has everything that i need in a tablet, phone. I would recommend this product to anyone who is looking for tablet but not as a mobile phone as this model is too big to carry in your pocket.

mkaz

mkaz

stay away from this tablet

An extremely poor product. As far as tablets go this seems like it was hurridly put together and put to market. Poor battery life. Screen is not responsive. Just very st difficult to use. I would not recommend this to anyone and regret purchasing it. Think will just give it away.

Macka

MackaSydney

Conflicted and disappointed.

steve

steve

Takes tablet to a new level

Even for a 2 year old model, they now have the note 8.4 lte, If your looking for a biggish fast tablet with lte as a bonus, it is a sweet deal.
    The s pen is a great feature, the battery life is very good, very responsive and the camera is above average.
    If you see one new , I would suggest buy it as you will now get it for maybe a third less than the 8.4
    My only gripe would be the software on the normal s4 is more enticing, but both have different features
    Call clarity is ok, the s4 a touch better, a huge keyboard is handy while texting, overall a very solid piece of hardware

Nig24Yerevan

Good Tablet

Mark

MarkSydney

Great tablet

JohnGold Coast

love my tablet

Ever since purchasing my samsung tablet I have had lots of joy and fun surfing the net with ease. Its more simpler then a pc or laptop for the recreational use I get of it. I find its a handy tool for fast referencing. The tablet runs fast, the screen clear, the programs reliable

MotoBerg

MotoBerg

Good tablet, lacking some of today's features

TamnChad

TamnChadAU

Brilliant Organiser

I loved this tablet!
    It did everything I wanted it to do and more!!
    Battery life great!
    The size is a great size to hold in your hand ..
    Was a tad big for my handbag.
    Loved the stylus and being able to write things instead of having to use a keyboard all the time.
    Really is a fab product!!

I couldn't agree more

Little Gem

I bought this primarily for travelling, something I can put into my backpack, download photos onto, and write travel blogs, as well as email and browsing. But as I become familiar with Android and the multitude of apps, it has come to replace my Windows 8.1 ultrabook for all but complex spreadsheet work. For about $290 after cashback, it has far exceeded my expectations. Size is perfect and the screen brilliant. No more Kindle.
    Size, screen, inexpensive

Handy small tablet.

james

jamesWahroonga

sort of good...

After upgrading my android to official samsung android 4.2.2, touch screen started to not function a bit. Also even before upgrading my android, there was some issues with smart stay. It won't work! I stare at the camera and says "smart stay cannot detect your eyes". Very disappointing. Also the back of my tablet has a massive load of scratches and soon needs a replacement. Only 1 month of usage.
    very fast, pen input, more than 2 days of usage.
    expensive, smart stay errors, screen malfunctions a bit

Richy
    Richy

Find out how Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 compares to other Tablets

Best mid sized tablet on the market

It feels [censored word removed] nice in the hands, fairly lightweight, looks great, awesome screen.
    The S pen functionality is so good and I cant understand why something like that isn't standard for all tablets, works well.
    It is noticeably quick as well. I own the Galaxy s3 phone, and I feel the note 8 performs things noticably faster, multitasks flawlessly and is very intuitive as most Samsung android devices are.
    Smart stay is also something I've only really noticed since using this tablet, never used it on my phone as I don't really look at things for extended periods of time on the phone, but on the tablet it proves very worthwhile when browsing the net, reading an article etc.
    S pen, speed, smart stay.
    A little bit pricey

toakes

toakesasked

Galaxy Note 8.0 Wi-Fi Only

My tablet keeps shutting off. I turn it on and it stays on for a few seconds then shuts off. Is the battery bad? I've had it for about a year. Also the screen is stuck in the side position; it doesn't change when you rotate the tablet.

Nig24

The battery is okay if you can start tablet several time. It might be broken temperature sensor which protects device from overheat or software problem. Try remove SD and SIM. And consider taking device to specialists. Good luck.

Ivy

Ivyasked

Galaxy Note 8.0 (2013)

Wat is the different between the Samsung galaxy note 8.0 n5120 nd n5100 nd which one can u use as a phone ?

ottoman
    ottoman

From all the searching I've done, they both can make phone calls, n5120 is 4G and probably is the Australian version. n5100 is 3G version, but it doesn't seem to be available in shops in Australia, you can get it from online stores such as Kogan and others though. There is also N5110 but is wifi only version.

Hope this is correct, if not, I am sorry :(

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives