Samsung Galaxy Tab A

Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2019)

8.0" Wi-Fi, 10.1"
See the Best Tablets in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Samsung

• Security
  • Speed

Natasha1991
Natasha1991Perth, WA

Glitches so much I cannot use it

I purchased the tablet purely to play games on it. I don’t play ram intensive games such as pub g or something similar. It’s more puzzle and decorating games. The tablet even though connected to a 4g wifi network glitches non-stop. It’s not just in gaming I can’t even search in google it glitches and crashes. I have factory reset it, updated it and still it’s horrendous. Please get something decent and not this. I went back to JBHIFI for a refund as it’s clearly faulty and it needs to go for assessment first. Every other place in Perth you can take an item back and get a refund when it’s faulty. Samsung make you send it for assessment hoping you give up and not get a refund. Absolute reprobates.

Purchased in January 2021 for $200.00.

Nick
NickMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Absolute rubbish with no customer support

Do not buy this tablet or any Samsung products as they do not support their warranty. Tablet screen not working after 5 months with no damage to tablet. Sent away to Samsung who said the tablet had been dropped, even though no evidence or damage to tablet. Samsung then attempted to charge $260 to repair a tablet worth $198 even though it is under warranty. Their customer service is extremely poor, we have 8 Samsung devices in our household which will now be replaced by other brands in future.

Purchased in February 2020 at Officeworks Physical store for $199.00.

Deb
DebCentral Queensland, QLD

Amazing, just what I wanted!

This tablet was purchased to take away in our caravan. We use it to watch tv and to find information on were we travel. Runs smoothly and goes everywhere we go.

Purchased in September 2020 at Harvey Norman for $347.00.

Black screen of death

Bought this last year as part of a bonus offer from Optus and because I have another Samsung tablet, left this in the drawer.

Started using this early this year and after a few months, the past couple of weeks, it started flickering and now the screen is dead. When you push the buttons, it still makes the sounds but still black screen. Did the normal factory reset and reboot, but because of the black screen, you cannot see anything. Googling for solutions, seems that this is a hardware fault. Messaged Samsung and they cannot help as they do not have any service centres in Melbourne.

Purchased in April 2019 at Optus for $346.00.

Display Quality
woozie
wooziePerth, WA

Have modest expectations

Purchased in May 2020.

KathSamsung

Best personal electronic devices in 2020!

ProductReview.com.au has analysed a year's worth of reviews to find the best wireless headphones, mobile phones and tablets in 2020. Compare specific reviewer ratings, ranging from Battery Life and Sound / Camera Quality to Value for Money and Ease of Use to help you choose the best personal tech.

Wendy Z.1 Nov 2019
best-personal-electronic-devices-in-2020

Don't drop it...

Paid $328.
Broke the screen.
Samsung quote to replace the screen $260.
80% of the cost of a new one to replace the screen seems a bit harsh.
Might be better to buy a different brand.
Can't really review the performance. Only had it two weeks. Didn't use it for the first week waiting for a case to arrive.

Purchased in June 2020 at Officeworks for $328.00.

brooke w.
brooke w.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Can be slow but great for kids

My daughter received this for Xmas. It is a great tablet for watching and streaming and playing games. However when i use it with her to google something she is interested in, I find it lags a bit. Like I am typing way to fast for the keyboard to keep up. Which I'm not. Just a standard speed like most adults I guess. She doesn't have that problem as she is still learning where all the keys are. Sometimes it freezes aswell if I try to jump between multiple screens or apps. As I said, Its perfect for kids and she LOVES it. But I wouldn't purchase it for myself. It just can't keep up.

Purchased in November 2019 at Big W Retail Stores for $319.00.

Neil
NeilGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very slow experience

You either have to pay over 600 for a decent samsung tab or buy this slow to the death tablet.

Even switching between small apps is a pain and it always bothers me.

Would buy s6 maybe.

Purchased in June 2020 at Samsung Online store for $164.50.

Goodies
GoodiesFar North Queensland, QLD

Great for kids

The tablet is used for our 4 year old daughters video viewing on the YouTube kids app.

It more than satisfies our needs playing smoothly with great sound, graphics, battery life. and smooth trouble free operation.

It is a perfect size for little hands.

The only complaint is that we found that a solid childproof case can be difficult to come across.

Purchased in June 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $248.00.

Ket
KetCanberra Central 2602, ACT

Great cheap tablet

Good quality and reliable tablet. Battery life is great. I bought this mainly for reading watching movies or tv shows on netflix. Works well, however very slow if you are using it for anything typing-related. I highly recommend this if you need a cheap tablet for recreational use. I bought this for $249 back in December 2019. I wouldn't spend more for it though

Purchased in December 2019 at The Good Guys.

Samsung AUSamsung

Thank you for your feedback, Ket! If you notice your Tablet is running slow and you'd like some technical assistance please send us a message so we can help.

Sara
Samsung Australia

Kevin Anderson
Kevin AndersonLaunceston, TAS

excellent tablet (with SIM card option), replacing a Windows phone

Excellent value for money for my needs (wanting a wider device than a smartphone for ease of reading emails, web content etc.).
This is my first encounter with ANDROID. Learning curve is not as steep as I imagined at first, because there are lots of helpful tips and tricks YOUTUBE videos etc.
Quick and painless purchase and delivery organised through "BuyMobile, Australia". I had a few questions relating to specifications, which were responded to within a day or so.
Lightning delivery to me, here in regional Tasmania, from overseas.

Purchased in June 2020 at BuyMobile for $474.00.

MichtillSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love it

Have not had it long and so far I love it and can't really find fault. I upgraded from a tab a 8.0 I'd bought in 2016. Screen size is great for movies and it has alot of new things I wasn't expecting.

5 weeks later and I still love it. I recommend it

Purchased in June 2020 at Harvey Norman Online.

Thanks.
Have sent a message re my old tab A

Paulo
PauloSouth East Queensland, QLD

Endless moisture detected notification? Google before you buy!

Purchased in April 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $349.00.

NighthawkWestern Australia

Ready, set, go (Home Schooling)

Purchased in April 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $455.00.

Nighthawk

Day 3 into Home Schooling, still smiles with kids and parent teacher.
All commented tablet is way responsive to previous (3 year old) model, with no lag with apps (school and games) :-D

Niki M.
Niki M.Perth, WA

I mainly use my tablet for watching Netflix and Youtube. I also check emails and occasionally Skype and video chat with it. The apps are easy to download and work well on this device. In comparison to my previous tablet, a Kindle Fire the picture is not as sharp but it still does the job nicely. It is superior to the Kindle Fire due the fact that it doesn't have 101 Amazon apps on it that use all your storage and can't be removed. The volume is not super loud but it is sufficient and so far so good.

Purchased in January 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $248.00.

Display Quality
KathSamsung

Great to hear you are enjoying your Samsung Tab A overall, Niki. We really appreciate sharing your perspective on this product with us and I will be sure to forward this on to the team!

Kath

William S.
William S.asked
Galaxy Tab A 10.1" (2019)

white dots all over ,the inside of the screen, looks like snow, particularly, when viewing a white background

AdaSamsung

Hi William, we're sorry to hear you are experiencing troubles with your Tab A. Based on what you've described, we recommend for you to head into your nearest authorised service centre so that we can take a look into this.

To find your nearest store:

You can also drop your device off at your local Australia Post office or book an appointment if heading to the Samsung store on George St, Sydney

Gail C.
Gail C.asked
Galaxy Tab A (2019)

Want to upgrade from smp 350 any suggestions

AdaSamsung

Hi Gail, we've provided a link below to our latest range of Tab A devices. If any questions arise, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

David T.
David T.asked
Galaxy Tab A 10.1" 4G 128GB (2019)

Hello. I have a Tab A6 10.1 16gb 4g with an S pen. I use it in the field and really value it's functions for plan reading, mark ups, integration with word, report writing, 4g for sending them and the wide range of android apps. The screen is quite clear in day light too. The internal pen is an excellent feature and great for markups, and knowing where you left the pen! The only problem is i need more internal storage than 16gb for the programs and apps I use. I have a 128msd card installed but it doesn't help with the internal storage problem. Does anyone know if Samsung will be releasing the Tab A 4G with internal SPen with at least 64 gb internal storage in the future ? Thank you. Otherwise im a very happy Tab A owner.

AdaSamsung

We're glad to hear you are enjoying your Tab A6, David. If you are seeking a new tablet with more internal storage, we recommend for you to take a look at our latest Tab A series with 128 GB internal storage.

See all Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2019) questions

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives

Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2019)

Compare all 5 Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2019)
CategoryTabletsTabletsTabletsTablets
Price (RRP) $499.00$619.00$349.00$469.00
Features3.5mm Headphone Jack, Expandable Storage and Stereo Speakers3.5mm Headphone Jack, Expandable Storage and Stereo Speakers3.5mm Headphone Jack, Expandable Storage and Stereo Speakers3.5mm Headphone Jack, Expandable Storage and Stereo Speakers
Network Connectivity4G + Wi-Fi4G + Wi-FiWi-Fi OnlyWi-Fi Only
Charging PortUSB-CUSB-CUSB-CUSB-C
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Display
Pixel Density224 ppi224 ppi224 ppi224 ppi
Display TechnologyIPS LCDIPS LCDIPS LCDIPS LCD
Screen Size 10.1"10.1"10.1"10.1"
Screen Resolution1200 x 1920 pixels1200 x 1920 pixels1200 x 1920 pixels1200 x 1920 pixels
Battery Size6,150 mAh6,150 mAh6,150 mAh6,150 mAh
Internal Storage32 GB128 GB32 GB128 GB
Memory (RAM)2 GB3 GB2 GB3 GB
Build
Weight1.4 g1.4 g1.4 g1.4 g
Colour / FinishBlack, Gold or SilverBlack, Gold or SilverBlack, Gold or SilverBlack, Gold or SIlver
Dimensions 245.2 x 149.4 x 7.5 mm245.2 x 149.4 x 7.5 mm245.2 x 149.4 x 7.5 mm245.2 x 149.4 x 7.5 mm
Body MaterialAluminiumAluminiumAluminiumAluminium
Release dateApr 2019Apr 2019
Replaced bySamsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1" Wi-FiSamsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1" Wi-Fi
ManualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manual
Compare all 5 Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2019)