Samsung Galaxy Tab S2

• Security
  • Speed
Pete

PeteSouth East Queensland, QLD

This tablet is a disappointing disgrace

Purchased around April 2018. Worked beautifully. Screen was so good. Used it a lot. For all of 2019, however its been quitting and rebooting of its own accord and this afternoon, it simply does not even light up on power. It is a disgrace. Horrible consumer experience and a waste of $450 just last year. I bought it over the Tab A as it was higher rated. I had a Google Nexus for four years before this which was fine.

Purchased in April 2018 at Officeworks for $450.00.

Hardware
MickSamsung
Astute Consumer

Astute ConsumerSydney, NSW

Hopeless device as after 1.5 years the Wi Fi authentication does not work

This tab looks great but eventually it begins to fail - mine did after a software update in January 2019 - it logs on to my wifi but then drops out - and the battery life becomes very short as it is continuously trying to login . Many others have posted the same on the Samsung support site and even more on the US Samsung support site -- so it is not just one faulty pad - and maybe it was all due to the update. Anyway the pad is the issue as my other devices do not drop off my various wi fi access points!

Purchased in April 2017.

Software
Security
Speed
AdaSamsung

Hi, we've sent you a PM requesting for more information. When it's most convenient for you can you please send that through?

Jo
Samsung AU

kakarot

kakarotMelbourne

A solid tablet

I bought this tablet in 2017. It's a very nice looking and thin device. The main purpose was to complement my university studies with my laptop. I often use it to store documents while travelling and to watch movies while on the go.

The downside is that my tablet sometimes freezes and becomes unresponsive for some time. It has a fingerprint reader which is on the home button but maybe it's just for me, it's quite inaccurate.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Chris

ChrisQueensland, 4007

Most excellent tablet I ever had, and the lightest too.

This tablet even after so many years after its release is a real piece of art, the display does the job. I could not imagine anything better for daily usage and watching movies. Unfortunately you have to pay for the quality so it’s not cheap and doesn’t get any cheaper with time. Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Anna

Anna

Nice size, not a great device

I love this device for size when reading and using Facebook etc. (A bit small for watching TV shows but ok). Have had a few issues with the product however - volume button jammed and had to be sent for repair. Also a few glitches and freezes from time to time. Will probably switch back to Apple next time.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Samsung AUSamsung
PaulM

PaulMGoondiwindi

Not cheap, but you get a great tablet

I know tablets are becoming somewhat obsolete now phones are big, but I still use my tablet a lot. I love how responsive and lightweight it is. It never seems to slow down or freeze and require a reboot. The screen is pretty tough given I've given it a few unintended drop tests resulting in no damage.

I come from a apple background but the more I use the android system, the more I enjoy the flexibility of that system.

The battery began to fail after about 2.5 years but I had extended warranty and received a brand new one with two more years warranty with the option of buying more extended warranty. I had used the tablet for many, many hours and felt it owed me nothing, so was more than happy with that.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Christian

ChristianCOULSON

Thinner, lighter design

The Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 is an upgrade in size and name only. It has a thinner and lighter profile with a new 4:3 aspect ratio, but the specs bump is small and battery life is short.
The Samsung Tab S2 is lighter in part because it's backed by a soft-touch plastic cover instead of an aluminium shell. Metal edges outline the tablet instead of a plastic frame this time.
Thinner, lighter design,Small specs upgrade,So-so battery life,Camera is mediocre

Sleepy

SleepyWoodgate Beach

Charging port fails.

This tablet is the right size & light weight to carry anywhere, it's very user friendly & easy to use. I can do everything on it from personal use to professional applications. BUT!!!!!! It has a Major prolem, the charging port is very susceptible to failing, the mini usb port fails to charge and at $200.00 to get fixed, not cheap. Samsung needs to be more inventive, not just use old ideas. eg, the lightening connector never fails. Come on Samsung, get your act together.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
JasmineSamsung
Bennie

BennieYenda, Victoria

Great pad but wished had the cel one

I use the Samsung galaxy s 2 a lot around the house watching movies and downloading loads of things and even music but wish I had bought the cell one so I could take it out from the house which is its only limitation! The apps preloaded were good as a start off too

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Ebonyjade

EbonyjadeReid

This is great

My Samsung galaxy tab s2 is great it has a nice big screen so you can see what's going on. It also has word which i find very helpful its like a laptop and phone in one. The camera is ok could be better but can't be to picky work effectively and fast great product

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Chris

ChrisAirlie beach

Has improved my reading 10 fold!!!

Has opened up so many reading possibilities, i got back into reading comic books because of the samsung galaxy tablet, it made a whole library of books instantly accessible and with the big beautiful 9.7 inch screen yhe books look amazing and the tablet makes it so easy to read. Best tablet on the market, looks sleek and has enough power to handle any job.

AmandaSydney

Not for travelling - useless device

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Derek10Southwest, VIC

Perfect for travel

This tablet has become indispensible when travelling as it is compact, has good battery life and can be charged with any standard android phone charger.
It accepts a lot of apps and I use it for navigation on land and sea.
The only negative is that it doesn't have a USB port so this limits it's communication with other devices, however the SD card gives you great storage capacity for photos etc.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
DominikaC

DominikaCPenrith

The inside is great but very fragile

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Josh M.

Josh M.

Gets The Job Done

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Chlo

ChloSoutheast, SA

Pefect

Received a tablet for Christmas & i love it. I have all my recipes saved & can access them so easily while cooking. Its light weight, pefect size screen & perfect for on the go. Plenty storage space for all my recipes too :) :) pretty happy with it.

Would recommend this tablet

Charlie

Charlie

Good tablet

Bought this as my old ipad mini is getting ssoo slow, had it a few weeks now and so far so good, not great as it's still just a little slow hence only 4 stars but overall happy. The picture quality is outstanding compared to the ipad which I thought was strange, the stereo sound is also amazing, it is light even with the new cover compared to our other tab A which is good. So far at $497 I'd recommend it

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Martin Lindsey

Martin Lindseybrisbane

Great Product.

What a great product. This little tablet is the best thing ever. Enough memory and speed to do anything that you would need to do at home. WiFi only is a good option to save money as it can connect to your home system. Would recommend if you wanted to get into the portable computing market. Bought from the good guys a few months ago. Highly recommended for the home user.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Gizzyduck

GizzyduckSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love this tablet

Purchased this to replace my old 2013 large Apple tablet which was getting soooo slow...
So glad i did.
Been using it for 13 months now. Love it.
13.2cm x 19.8cm x 0.6cm
Dual Cameras. Light to hold. 265g.
32 Gb with expandable memory.
When buying my i looked at 2 tablets side by side & the difference was astronomical in picture clarity...the tab S2 was by far superior.
Only problem i have found is that when running it for awhile the battery gets very hot.... I called customer tech support & they say that is normal for such a thin tablet.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Karine

Karine

Fantastic!

I love it well priced suits our needs. Charges quickly good screen light and good size. I bought this for my son to play games on and I am now using it as well all the time. It's reasonably priced and easy to set up, colours are vibrant it's perfect for what we use it for.

Date PurchasedMar 2018