Selleys Grout Stain Whitener

3.4

Jennybee

JennybeeYandina

Waste of time and money

I tried this product twice on my shower base. Left it for the specified drying time the first time but it started flaking away after two showers. Tried it again just before I went away for 12 weeks but, once again, by the second shower, it started to flake away. Don't waste your money.

Purchased in October 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse.

SomeDudeWhoIsUsuallyNice

SomeDudeWhoIsUsuallyNicesydney

This product is garbage. Do not use

The product does not dry in the prescribed time under normal dry conditions. The built in applicator makes a huge mess and wastes product. It smears faster than baby sh*t, making clean up very difficult. In the end you’ll waste hours realising it’s a terrible product. You’re better off grinding out the grout with a Drexel unit then re-grout with premixed grout that has an applicator. THIS PRODUCT IS NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE.

Purchased in December 2020 for $9.00.

Can’t live without this!

I LOVE this grout whitener on my shower walls! Lasts 12 months If used correctly! No harsh scrubbing directly over grout as it will remove and don’t recommend on floors!

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse.

Floor & Grout Cleaners

Find out how Selleys Grout Stain Whitener compares to other Floor & Grout Cleaners

Pounce

PounceCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Marvellous product - for about a day!!

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $12.50.

melc

melc

Waste of time and money!

The idea sounded good but this product did not work at all. Applied it exactly as per instructions and it looked great for a few days before it starting coming off. Even a light clean of the tiles removes the product. Was a total waste for time and money. Would not recommend.

Purchased in December 2019 for $1,250.00.

Ben S.

Ben S.South East Queensland, QLD

The best way to get white grout back to white

So long as you clean and dry your grout beforehand this product is PURE GOLD!!! Transformed the grout between our subway tiles in an en-suite masterfully, both in the shower cubicle and vanity area.

Purchased in June 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

fene1948

fene1948Sydney

"Ideal way to revive a tiled area"???? Afraid not.

I followed the instructions and unfortunately most of the grout paint came off during cleaning. It failed to cover any of the light mould stains in the grout.
    To be fair when you apply it really thick, let it dry and then spend a couple of hours scraping off the surplus off the tiles it looks ok. But its not worth the effort. Better scrape out the old grout and re-grout.
    Also, next time you clean the shower you will have bits coming off.
    Anyway it was only $10, cheap price and cheap results.

Purchased in December 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $10.00.

Milena

Milena

Grout

I had dirty grout pn my toilet, laundry and bathroom floors. I bought a bottle of Selley's white for life at bunnings. Applied it, and did as the label instructed me to do. Removed it and scrubbed, after the prescribed amount of time. The grout was exactly the same, absolutely no difference! It was completely useless, and a waste of my money! I expected better from Selley's.

Not the product I expected

I expected this product would 'bleach grout' in some way but instead it is just sits there as a film on top of the grout. I am sure it will wash off in a few showers. What's the point. I want a permanent fix.

SP Brisbane

SP BrisbaneBrisbane

Magnificent

Mak

MakAU

Great product, did what it claimed!

Excellent product, did what it claimed to. Made a huge difference in our shower. The only thing was it took some time to wash off the excess after it dried. But overall it made a big difference! Would definitely use it again and recommend.

kim

kimperth

Useless

Applied according to instructions i.e. cleaned with mould cleaner, rinsed, left til completely dry, applied whitener, left for a full 36 hrs before showering. 3 days later a quarter of the whitener has already washed off. Maybe it works on new tiles/grout, but not on old ones. Waste of time and money.

SJ73

SJ73

Fantastic to whiten old grout!

EzzieB

EzzieBSydney

Bathroom looks new again

Excellent result first time. Grout came up very white. Tiles look revived and new again. I used baby wipes to remove excess and applied it with my fingers and cotton buds. You could also use a kids paint brush to apply. A great product! I'd suggest doing small sections at one time.

Lily63

Lily63AU

Awesome product.

I have just found this product and I love it. I found the easiest way to apply it, is to squeeze some out into a small artists paint brush and brush on/in. I tried using the sponge applicator but found there was quite a bit of wastage. After using the little paintbrush, residue on the tile is minimal and comes off easier than when using the supplied applicator. My grout looked pretty good before, but it looks brand new now. Happy Customer.

Els

ElsSydney, NSW

A fantastic product

What a great product!!

Such an excellent product. Just finished using it.... my bathroom looks better than when we moved in. Will definitley keep this in mind for any new properties. It looks so fresh!

bearandbug

bearandbugAU

Great results but takes time

Tc

Tc

Agree this works well

Take it from Pete28. Do one square metre at a time and when you get the hang of it you can widen your scope. You get the hang of it pretty quickly and don't stress about the result you can always redo it. I'm refurbishing a shower recess and one tube should be enough. Great value and great finish. Good product. A bit labour intensive but rewarding. If you inadvertently let the grout go off too hard, at any time you can use a Stanley blade to scrape it off back to the join. Wear a head lamp so you can see everything clearly. That's the labour intensive bit but it's worth it.

Pete28

Pete28

What a brilliant product

This stuff is fantastic. I've just finished using it and am so happy with it I just had to write a review. It is vary rare to find a product that does exactly what it says on the package but this does!
    As a typical bloke though, I did try and do the whole area at once and had to busily clean up the bits that got on the tiles, but as it gives you quite a bit of time to do the clean-up it wasn't an issue. My tip: do 1 square metre at a time.
    It looks like I've just re-tiled my bathroom. Well done Selleys.
    Simple, effective and great result.
    Nothing