Seresto Flea for Kittens and Cats

Seresto Flea for Kittens and Cats

See the Best Tick & Flea Control Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Seresto? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Marion
Marion

Our Burmese Boys are tick and flea free with silky coats

Purchased in March 2021 at Vet-N-Pet Direct for $37.95.

My fur babies are flea free

Purchased in May 2021 at Pet Nation for $57.99.

This killed my cat. DO NOT BUY

I put this on my cat in Jan 2021. In 3 month’s she was dead. The collar somehow, got stuck, she tried to release herself. It cut her throat badly and she died of her wounds. The collar stayed in tact. It was covered in her blood and hair. I complained to the company but they denied everything. Don’t make the mistake I made. Please save your cat. Don’t buy this death collar.

Purchased in January 2021.

Nancy
NancySydney, NSW

Been using for 5 years and perfect, today my Cat died from 3 ticks (2 month old collar on her)

We live on the nasty northern beaches (tick wise) but Seresto has been our saviour for 2 cats for 5 years. No ticks, or if there are any, they are dead. Today my cat was found with 2 engorged ticks and we just buried her 4 hours later (after she died from complications from the serum). Just beware, they are not perfect! Removed the collar from my other cat and purchased a new one-bad batch last time (?). Do not have a solution except check your cats every day if you can-even with the collar.
Checked packaging to see if it was a fake, but all indications are that it was very real.

Purchased in November 2010.

Tick & Flea Control Products

Find out how Seresto Flea for Kittens and Cats compares to other Tick & Flea Control Products

lyndalls1Hunter Region, NSW

Beware. Observe your cat for side effects

Used the collar on both our cats who are litter sisters.
One became listless and little interest in food. Lost 20% of her body weight in a few weeks. Changed her foods and still uninterested in most things. Gave her a very good check over for joint or other problems.
Removed the Seresto collar and within 2 days back to her happy active self eating good amounts and regaining weight.
The sister still has the collar on and no problems.
Back to Bravecto for our little sensitive girl

Purchased in November 2020 at Pet Circle for $37.00.

Elvy G.Illawarra, NSW

Nearly killed one cat, injured my other one

Bought these collars and put them on both my cats. Within days they had become listless and unhappy. An open weeping sore developed under the collar on one cat's neck (upon googling I found this is not uncommon with these collars). Removed her collar and she instantly perked up with her personality going back to normal. The other cat had no skin reaction but was still listless. Two days later he completely lost his appetite and became completely lethargic. We removed his collar and bathed him with mild shampoo and now, three days later he is slowly regaining his appetite but is still very unwell. Going to cost me a fortune in vet fees all because I trusted this product. Be careful!

Purchased in January 2021 for $49.00.

Asa
Asa

It worked well for my cats.

So glad it worked so well for my cats. had been dealing with Flea issues. tried using many expensive products. not any of them worked on my cats. pills and liquids only last for a few days. so I gave it a shot for these products, even there are mixed positive and negative reviews on this product. Best spend ever, has been 4 months using, not a single flea on them.

Purchased in October 2020 at Pet Circle for $37.00.

Tara
TaraMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

My cat was about to die with this rubbish

The collar doesn't have a buckle to get secured, it gets loose by scratching, it stuck in my cats mouth for few hours during night, we found her unconscious in the morning, Do not buy this crap.

Purchased in December 2020.

Daniel Ruben
Daniel RubenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Both Cats Have Bad Skin Reactions

Purchased in November 2020 at Petbarn Physical store for $47.50.

Side Effects Short-term illness
Pet Type Cat

Niqueyq
NiqueyqSydney, NSW

Been using for 4 years and love

I first used this on my elderly cat, who is now 19, and it worked great. The next year we rescued 2 kittens and I have used these collars with all the cats for past 3 years. No issues at all with the collar and definitely has helped with fleas and ticks, we have had none since we started using these collars, in fact it's humans have gotten the ticks rather than the cats (we live in a high tick population spot)
So I completely recommend these collars.

Michael
Michael

Kills Flea Infestation Quickly

Purchased in September 2020 for $50.00.

This collar cause my 2 year old cat

Purchased in March 2020 at Petsmart for $54.99.

Tick & Flea Control Products

Used this before (twice) had great results. Used it last year and this and the cats still had ticks.

It does not working as stated
Cat still has ticks
Been buying it for four years
Last year and this year results are not good
Customer service was of no help
Was given a runaround

Purchased in June 2020 for $91.00.

Not good

Brought the Seresto collar for my cat, because I wanted him to be able to go outside. Put it on and decided to let him wear it for 24 hours before letting him out. I couldn't keep it on him for no more than an hour. He was digging hair out of his neck in big tuffs. All I could see was these floating tuffs of hair everywhere. The package said two weeks and this will stop. I think in two weeks there would be no hair left to come out. And he was miserable.

Purchased in March 2020 at Pet Co for $59.00.

Good but break away feature should be looked at and upgraded

The collar works amazingly well but the break away feature needs to be looked at because they don’t break away. My cat tried to get the collar off and got it caught in his mouth. He dang near killed himself, blood everywhere when I found him and then had a vet bill to make sure he was ok

Purchased for $54.09.

Diane Oasked

I was wondering if anyone else's cat might have got sick from using this collar. I used it on my cat starting in March of 2020. Then around July or August my daughter was home and noticed that he was losing weight, his eating habits were not good. It was getting worse, so around November I took the collar off of him and took him to the vet. The did blood work and x-rayed him. Both were negative of any disorders. So I am just curious to see if anyone else has had any problems with this collar? I feel really bad for my cat and would like some honest opinions.

lyndalls1

Just wondering how your cat is now? Similar issue with one of our cats. The seresto collar on since November and since we’ve noticed this steady weight loss and fussy appetite. We will go to the vets this week but the collar is coming off today. Her full sister has had no problems with the collar

Diane O

Thank you for this. He eats, but gains no weight. His appetite is also very fussy. He is very whiny at times also. Good luck at the vets.

Elvy G.

Diane, I have the same issue. One of my cats got a sore under her collar within days of me putting it on so we removed it. But the other cat had no reaction so we left it there. A week later we noticed he was losing weight rapidly and had no appetite. We took the collar off and I have been hand feeding him chicken but he still has very little appetite, is miserable and has no energy.

Samia C.
Samia C.asked

My 6month cat has been drooling and not eating since I put the collar on it's been 5 days now ,what do I do for him,

Melissa F.
Melissa F.

Take it off

Kath
Kathasked

I live in QLD Australia and have used seresto tick collars on my cats for 3 years now. We have a lot of paralysis ticks on our property. They have previously worked well until yesterday when I found a large paralysis tick on my cats tummy area. He is losing control of his hind legs. The new collar was put on him 3 weeks ago and hasn’t worked. Any suggestions why?

Laura Carter
Laura Carter

They have fake imitation collars sold online that aren’t true Bayer Seresto. Bayer seresto is always around $55. The fake on around $24 or so. Not sure if you purchased from a replica vet or online but could be you purchased a fake.

See all Seresto Flea for Kittens and Cats questions