Seresto Flea for Kittens and Cats

Seresto Flea for Kittens and Cats

2.0

This collar cause my 2 year old cat

Purchased in March 2020 at Petsmart for A$54.99.

Side Effects Death
Pet TypeCat

Used this before (twice) had great results. Used it last year and this and the cats still had ticks.

It does not working as stated
Cat still has ticks
Been buying it for four years
Last year and this year results are not good
Customer service was of no help
Was given a runaround

Purchased in June 2020 for A$91.00.

Not good

Brought the Seresto collar for my cat, because I wanted him to be able to go outside. Put it on and decided to let him wear it for 24 hours before letting him out. I couldn't keep it on him for no more than an hour. He was digging hair out of his neck in big tuffs. All I could see was these floating tuffs of hair everywhere. The package said two weeks and this will stop. I think in two weeks there would be no hair left to come out. And he was miserable.

Purchased in March 2020 at Pet Co for A$59.00.

Tick & Flea Control Products

Find out how Seresto Flea for Kittens and Cats compares to other Tick & Flea Control Products

Good but break away feature should be looked at and upgraded

The collar works amazingly well but the break away feature needs to be looked at because they don’t break away. My cat tried to get the collar off and got it caught in his mouth. He dang near killed himself, blood everywhere when I found him and then had a vet bill to make sure he was ok

Purchased for A$54.09.

Shelly

ShellySouth East Queensland, QLD

Wounded from Seresto collar.

I wish I had read these other reviews first because my cat also received a sore on his neck. After a few days of wearing it I noticed a tuft of fur missing on the back of his neck. I thought it was unrelated to the collar and it didnt look like a wound. A week later that tuft had turned into a massive sore. I am now going to have to wash it multiple times a day with salty water so it doesn't get infected. I feel terrible that I didn't check him daily for sores around his neck. I would recommend doing this if you are going to try the collar.

Purchased in April 2020 at PetStock Physical store for A$36.00.

The collars work fine on my 5 cats but the 6th is allergic

After a week of one of my six cats wearing its seresto collar, it’s neck became hairless with sores developing. It is a great product. I have used on 4 of my older cats for 5 years. I have 2 recently rescued and one is allergic. So make sure your cat is ok after a week. If not please don’t use.

Quality has disintegrated ...completely

GREED destroys, a complete rip off. Spent $100 + on collars from my veterinarian to avoid Counterfeit 2 days later 2 tics imbedded in cat’s neck effing joke submitted a claim

Purchased for A$57.00.

Pet TypeDog

Extremely disappointed

We have a male cat with no scruff. He adapted fine to the collar which we purchased two weeks ago. I noticed yesterday that he wasn't acting himself. He is very vocal normally telling me to feed him or pick him up. That was not the case
He just laid around all day. Today I looked to see if maybe his collar was too tight. That was not the case either. But, after examining him I noticed that he had hair loss and very red irritated skin half way around his neck. So off the collar went and into the trash!

Purchased in March 2020 for A$49.99.

Side Effects Personality change
Debbie

DebbieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Seresto cat collar

My Poor cat has been suffering she was scratching at the collar tonight on closer inspection her skin was red and raw in parts with fur missing. Won't purchase again.

Purchased in March 2020 at Genuine Australian Stock for A$49.00.

Tina Cam

Tina CamSydney, NSW

Left red mark and sores around neck

Had to cut off the collar as left red mark and sores around my cats neck. Also fur missing. I could put 2 fingers under the collar so was not too tight.

Purchased in October 2019.

Victoria

VictoriaSydney, NSW

Severe side effects

After 3-4 weeks of wearing this collar my cat began to get darker pink skin areas and lose fur. First around where the collar was then in other areas. He developed red areas around his eyes and butt as well as under him. With time most of skin turned black. Had biopsies and other tests vets are stumped for answers.

Purchased in April 2019.

Side Effects Long-term illness

Expensive 1 month of flea control

Purchased Seresto and it worked well on cat for 1 month only - not up to 8 months as loudly printed on collar tin. I am disappointed with product and have paid.

Purchased in May 2019.

Itsjustme

ItsjustmeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best flea & tick treatment

Purchased in May 2017 at Petbarn Online store for A$38.00.

Ragmum

RagmumGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

It was Great while it Lasted

My cat was riddled with fleas (if I parted her fur on her head, I was guaranteed to see at least one flea, usually more). I tried the Advocate Flea treatment and flea shampoo (all recommended by the pet store), but to no avail.
As a last resort the pet store recommended Seresto Flea collar. Within the first week there was a noticeable difference (head part test; no fleas) and after having the collar for approximately one month, her fleas have disappeared.
However the only downfall was that we had to remove the collar yesterday as she developed a sore on her neck but it was worth the one month’s grace of not seeing my cat go crazy by scratching & biting herself every five seconds.

Purchased in January 2019.

Pet TypeCat

Left a nasty mark on my cats neck

Works at getting rid of the fleas, easy to put on, but after a few days my cat was left with a horrible sore on his neck and hair loss. Can't tell you if it works after as i cut the collar off and took him to the vet.

Lisa

LisaPerth

Horrible

I have had the collars for just over a week. The collars advertise 8 months life span. They have worked for all of two days and my cats are all riddled with fleas again. Not to mention my younger two who have white fur have sores on there necks from where the collars where sitting l, am unable to check the other two as they are tabby’s with dark fur. But have removed collars from all 4 babies. My youngest kitten went mental not long after the collar was put on. Biting and tearing her fur. Took her to the vets and they advices removing the collar. I had checked they weren’t on too tight by being able to insert two fingers comfortably under the colllars.

Left sores on one of my cats necks the other cat started acting aggressively

han

hanMalta

Not Working

We bought this because the doctor from local animal hospital suggested it. After using it for a few weeks, we noticed that the cat was still scratching. We combed him and found about 60 fleas in one try. Now, we have terrible flea outbreak and our whole apartment is infected with fleas!

Michelle

MichelleNewcastle

No Fleas (and dead ticks)

Awesome product. Not a flea on either of my cats (one long hair and one black short hair) and it seems to be working on ticks as I’ve even found a dead tick in their bedding. We live in a high tick area and they are starting to come out in force atm. Great peace of mind for outside cats. Works out way cheaper than spot ons.

Don't waste your money!! Don't work!!

I am extremely disappointed in the Seresto flea collars I purchased for my 5 cats. I've purchased these collars 3 times for my 5 cats and the collars do not keep the fleas away as it should. All in all, these collars DO NOT work!! They lose their efficacy very quickly.

Samia C.

Samia C.asked

My 6month cat has been drooling and not eating since I put the collar on it's been 5 days now ,what do I do for him,

Melissa F.
Melissa F.

Take it off

Kath

Kathasked

I live in QLD Australia and have used seresto tick collars on my cats for 3 years now. We have a lot of paralysis ticks on our property. They have previously worked well until yesterday when I found a large paralysis tick on my cats tummy area. He is losing control of his hind legs. The new collar was put on him 3 weeks ago and hasn’t worked. Any suggestions why?

Laura Carter
Laura Carter

They have fake imitation collars sold online that aren’t true Bayer Seresto. Bayer seresto is always around $55. The fake on around $24 or so. Not sure if you purchased from a replica vet or online but could be you purchased a fake.

D.d. P.

D.d. P.asked

Does not work! Want to go back to the drops! My cat is getting bald around collar area and STILL itching! These collars are not cheap. Had it on for 3 weeks...anyway I can get a refund?