Solidteknics AUS-ION Cookware

Solidteknics AUS-ION Cookware

• Hot Handles While Cooking Yes (4) · No (23)
  • Even Heat DistributionYes (24) · No (2)
  • Non-Stick Longevity
    • Still Works (8)
    • Less than a month (3)
    • 3+ years (2)
    • 1 - 4 months (1)
  • Non-Stick Quality

Dealing with the founder, prior to delivery.

Purchased for $500.00.

Rich E Rich
Rich E Rich
Henry Xu

Henry XuGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Avoid like a plague

You will waste countless hours of time, gas and money trying to season and reseason these pans. I would give 0 stars for maintenance if I could! They extremely susceptible to rust. Not happy Jan!

Avoid at all costs and stick to using stainless steel or cast iron. After persisting in using these pans for a few months, they are destined for the scrap heap as the retailer would not accept the return.

Purchased in September 2019 at Kitchen Warehouse Physical Stores for $120.00.

Adam K

Adam KGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Ordinary value to be honest

Purchased in December 2019 at Kitchen Warehouse Online Store for $239.00.

Even Heat DistributionNo
Non-Stick LongevityLess than a month
Cookware & Fryware Products

Find out how Solidteknics AUS-ION Cookware compares to other Cookware & Fryware Products

Rae

RaeWestern Australia

I love my Solidteknic Aus-ion pans, no more toxic non stick coatings for me.

I have the Bigga skillet, the 35cm wok, 26cm frypan, they are amazing. Just be patient and learn how to season the pans well or just start deep frying and cooking bacon. I love cooking with olive oil and a bit of butter.

Purchased in July 2017 at Kitchen wearhouse for $129.00.

Non-Stick Longevity3+ years
SOLIDteknicsSolidteknics

Thank you Rae for your great review, you definitely have a lovely combination of workhorse pans. Happy Cooking!

Laurie D.

Laurie D.South East Queensland, QLD

Just LOVE these pans!

I first heard of SolidTeknics cast iron pans online, had a look and thought "one day I'll get one". By the time I got around to getting a pan, cast iron was not being made anymore. So I got satin wrought iron instead. And LOVE IT. Have had these pans for two years now and they are always my go to pans. Handles stay cool, unless they go into the oven, but hey, obviously. Not many other pans would be happy on a fire, or in the oven. Non stick, light weight, easy clean... what more could you want? The company also has more help and morals than any other company I can think of. Really you can't go wrong!

SOLIDteknicsSolidteknics

So great to hear you're loving your AUS-ION Satin pan Laurie! Thanks for your wonderful review and for supporting our vision for a sustainable cookware future. :-)

FLUMOXED

If you're serious about cooking, then Solidteknics is the only way to go.

Purchased in January 2016.

SOLIDteknicsSolidteknics

Thank you for your great review, and for supporting our vision for a sustainable cookware future! And great to hear you're enjoying our Solidteknics Cookware Lovers Facebook group - we love our wonderful, helpful community! :)

Cate8

Cate8SA, 5171

Close to cooking perfection - if you're prepared to change your cooking style and learn to season.

Purchased in September 2015 at Kickstarter for $150.00.

Genevieve M

Genevieve MSouth East Queensland, QLD

The best frypan you can ever get

26cm Solidteknics Sauteuse Frypan: Yes, it needs to be seasoned first as it is not coated with a toxic non-stick coating. But the website gives really clear instructions, and I have never had anything stick to my pan since I seasoned it. Heat distribution is beautifully even so really easy to cook on. Sure, it's heavier than a lightweight cheap pan, but it's not as heavy as full cast iron, I can still flip things in it easily. No rivets makes it a dream to clean. The handle never gets too hot to handle due to the gaps in the handle near the pan. I really can't believe how good this pan is, and how much I love it! Treat it well, and it will treat you well, then it will treat your kids well and their kids well also!

Purchased in November 2019 for $149.00.

SOLIDteknicsSolidteknics

A little love needed but these are the only pans I'll ever buy again

We have an 18cm, a 30cm and a Bigga and we use them everyday! Eggs just slide around, pancakes the same and when cooking meat, the pans produce an amazing crust. After cooking I brush under hot water then back onto the stove to dry, occasionally I wipe a tiny smear of oil to keep them happy and they're ready for the next breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Purchased in January 2017.

SOLIDteknicsSolidteknics

Thank you for your review! We're so pleased to hear your loving your AUS-ION pans. Sounds like you've nailed the seasoning! ;-)

Amazing pans!

I bought two of the 30cm Aus ion satin pans which arrived in December. Between then and now, they have been seasoned to the point that I can cook most foods, including eggs and pancakes, with no sticking at all. Cleaning the pan after cooking steaks, involves a light scrub with a soft scourer and hot water. I will NEVER use another pan! Apart from some slight sticking during the first couple of uses, nothing has stuck to this pan! I'm seriously impressed!

Purchased in December 2019 for $300.00.

SOLIDteknicsSolidteknics

We're so pleased to hear you are loving your AUS-ION pans! Thank you for your wonderful review, and for supporting our vision for a healthy and sustainable cookware future. :)

Claire B

Claire BMid North Coast, NSW

My new favourite pan!

I have had my solidteknics pan for a couple of months now and I am loving it! I was initially daunted by the seasoning process... but while it takes a bit of time it is actually not that hard. This pan cooks so much better than any of my other cheap non-stick pans.

Purchased in November 2019.

My favourite cookware.

I have the Bigga and a lid which doubles as a crepe pan.
Both are seasoned and don’t stick. Handles ok on stove top but get hot when used in the oven.
Much lighter than Cast Iron and easier to use. Multipurpose cookware. Bigga can roast, bake cakes, or cook on stovetop. Lid can cook on the stove top or be a baking surface in the oven.

Purchased in July 2019.

SOLIDteknicsSolidteknics

Thanks for your review Kerrie, and for supporting our vision for a sustainable and healthy cookware future! Great to hear you're loving your BIGGA skillet and skillet lid - it's such a versatile combo! :)

freckles61

freckles61Sydney, NSW

Best Pans Ever!

I have used these pans now for 3 years and would not buy any other brand of pan. Follow seasoning directions and you are on your way to healthy eating (no toxic coating), great quality pans which are multi century. Do yourself a favour!

Purchased in October 2017.

SOLIDteknicsSolidteknics

Thanks for your kind review and support! Great to hear you're loving your pans three years on - that's the beauty of our cookware, non toxic and built to last for generations. :)

A Future Family Heirloom

I bought my Solidteknics skillet when they were first released and it is my everyday pan. It’s light enough for a weak wristed woman, heats beautifully on a low temperature, perfect for meat or any fried or sauted food. Continued cooking builds up a lovely non stick seasoning and I keep the pan in good condition by occasionally giving it a light rub with olive oil after washing and drying. Highly recommended.

Non-Stick Longevity3+ years
SOLIDteknicsSolidteknics

Love all my solidteknics pieces

Love these pans, they take a little bit to season, but nothing onerous, they are worth the investment as they will last forever, easy to use and season if you follow the instructions, they will loose a bit of seasoning if cooking acidic foods, but it’s a relatively easy task to remedy that. Just follow the instructions and check out their website for help, they are awesome and I wouldn’t buy anything else after having these

Purchased in August 2019 at Solidteknics for $499.00.

Val

ValMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Fantastic for cooking eggs, meat, chicken and vegetables and veg burgers

Lighter than cast iron, handle doesn't get hot, has spoon holder built into handle
Follow seasoning instructions and use a little oil when cooking and the pan will last forever, sustainable

Purchased at Biome for $450.00.

SOLIDteknicsSolidteknics

Thanks for your kind review Val, and for supporting our vision for a healthy and sustainable cookware future! : )

Miri T.

Miri T.Victoria

Love them!

I have 2 of these that I use all the time and love (and a third that I bought s/h as an impulse buy and isn't a great shape for me). I really enjoyed the seasoning though and even though I am generally lazy I like caring for them and really appreciate them. Also I have never used teflon so these behave like a light cast iron which I have used a lot. If you don't like seasoning and expect them to be like teflon you may not like these. I did find the heavier pan (4mm) easier to season with a more powerful wok burner.

Purchased in June 2019 for $200.00.

SOLIDteknicsSolidteknics

Thanks for your review Miri! Great to hear you've enjoyed the seasoning process and caring for your pans - it can be such a rewarding process. Thanks for supporting our vision for a healthy and sustainable cookware future!

CC eyes

CC eyes

Safe for birds

Michael F.

Michael F.

Won't be buying anything else

Once you get the hang of seasoning the pans it's dead easy and the fact they'll last multiple lifetimes makes their purchase a no-brainer.
As expected, the pans are heavy compared to your regular Teflon ones, but not as heavy as regular cast iron.
The handles can get a little hot sometimes, but only if cooking something on high heat with some decent pre-heating time.
If you purchase, don't give up on it early because the seasoning process really is easy once you get the hang of it.

Hot Handles While Cooking Yes
cpu__2000

cpu__2000Sydney, NSW

Toxic fumes when seasoning and damaged my oven

Wouldn’t recommend to anyone. Worst customer service. Toxic smoke when seasoning. Don’t waste your money please it’s the worst product I’ve ever bought. They are heavy, expensive and don’t do what they are supposed to do.

Purchased in June 2019 for $400.00.

Hot Handles While Cooking Yes

idscratch

idscratchasked

I am interested in buying but concerned about the negative experiences. I would like to ask as seasoning is completely new to me if I do it wrong can I save the pan?

Ines

Sorry, not sure. I'd be interested to find out about resetting a pan as well. I haven't researched that yet.

Please know it is def not non-stick cookware like Teflon or similar, rather a low stick alternativewhich I find usually requires some oil or fat to prevent food sticking.

Ines

Much, much better than stainless steel

FLUMOXED

You really can't go wrong. Just follow the instructions, join the Facebook page where you can ask other users for tips, advice (and recipes), and try it. If it's not quite right, just do it again. Some people don't even bother seasoning, they just cook, cook, and cook some more and it basically seasons itself.

Christine F

Christine Fasked

How are these for making crepes, pancakes, fried eggs & omelettes?

v.good.

remember though, only as good as your seasoning on the pan.

SOLIDteknicsSolidteknics

Hi Christine, as Ines kindly replied, our pans can perform excellently for crepes, pancakes, eggs etc - it all comes down to the seasoning. We have very detailed seasoning instructions on our website if you are new to seasoned iron - https://www.solidteknics.com/ironcare :)

Kim

Kimasked

Hello
just wondering if you have to season the bottom of the new satin skillet I have just brought
Kim

Matt Cash
Matt Cash

Hi Kim

I am assuming your talking about the cooking surface if so I would say yes and include the entire top surface you don’t need much basically wipe on the oil it cannot run, I would also run through the oven 3 to 4 times ( yes the prep time getting the pans seasoned is a mission but you won’t regret it ) personally I prefer rice bran oil or flaxseed oil rice bran is cheaper to purchase.

I hope that helps

pat
pat

Hi KIm,
As per instructions i seasoned inside and all outside of the pan in the oven using rice bran oil four times. Have only need to re season twice in 5 months after frying eggs. other than that i love the way it cooks everything.

Get an answer from our members and Solidteknics representatives