3.8

3.6
3.6
Non-Stick Quality
4.1
Half the weight of cast iron pots
Non-stick
Handles don’t get too hot
Suitable for induction cooktops
Must be seasoned before use
Medium price range
Concave base that doesn’t always transfer heat well

Sumantr Arora
Sumantr Arora4 posts

Worst experience

After cleaning and seasoning with oil the rusty water anyhow stays. Absolute nightmare. I can not wash the rust even after applying oil for seasoning. Edge of the handles are sharp for the overall weight of the skillet. So you can not handle if the skillet is with food.
Worst skillet I ever had. Show details
Alter E.
Alter E.Sydney, NSW19 posts

Now I am starting to wonder about Solidteknics

I am disappointed to see so many negative reviews here. From the tone of these reviews, I feel that Solidteknics is not so courteous and accommodating to customer complaints in their own site as they, perhaps, feel forced to be here, on Product Review. I really had a hope of finally finding a safe and well-made cooking pan from this company, as in its promotional material, it assures us that its products are made from ninety five plus percentage of clean Australian iron.
Phew, who are we going to trust (other than Product Review, for genuine reviews, at least!)!
Thomas C.
Thomas C.

Perfect

I can’t believe the negative reviews here, learn how to manage the temp on your burner!! Seasoning really isn’t that difficult just wipe a bit of oil round it as it’s heating up. Doesn’t even matter if it’s not perfect!

I got a 26cm aus ion and it is a thing of beauty, a masterpiece. I use it for searing and quick one pan stuff like pastas and pan sauces. I like to use it in the pizza oven and camping also.

Bravo Solidteknics this is truly a fantastic product. Going to save up for the steel Dutch oven next! Show details ·  1

Noelene
Noelene

Andy Tea
Andy TeaSydney, NSW

Great pan

Love my pan - highly recommend and am keen to see what other products they come up with.
I have had a 30cm pan for about 6 months. Bloody love it - It's now looking and performing beyond my expectations. Now well seasoned, I've had great success with steaks and fish in particular. Tried frying eggs too - no stick issues. Sure, it's a bit heavier than other pans. No - the handle doesn't get hot (it's quite long - but still fits in my 600mm oven easily) Show details ·  1
teach35
teach35South East Queensland, QLD5 posts

Will last centuries.....Awesome tools

Was sick and tired of throwing out non-stick and after non-stick pan, I wanted something the at you can use, will last forever and versatile. Solidteknics are amazing - no rivets to pull loose, no coating to worry about damaging, can take from stove top to oven to the camp fire, tough and non-stick (don't blame your tools if you can't use them properly).
Yes ,you will need to season them and apply some effort at the start, but it's really not hard at all. The other advantage is that they are much lighter than cast iron (which also is an amazing type of cookware).
I've had no issues with customer service and my interactions have been only in regards to ordering and getting access to the website (which they promptly assisted me). Show details ·  1
Tatiana
Tatiana6 posts

Solid construction but needs a lot of oil to work

I'm sure this is a great pan for heavy oil users, but if you want to use minimal oil it's not great, even after following the seasoning and care instructions. Gave up on it and it's been sitting in the cupboard Show details
Non-Stick Quality
J heno
J henoPerth8 posts

Best of the best

Easily the best pans I’ve ever used for dry cooking(we use mauviel for wet). They are mild steel so keeping them cleaned and seasoned properly is essential but that said, it’s easy. If you have problems, then your doing something wrong…it can’t be the pans fault as it’s just a piece of flat steel. We have 5 different pieces now and won’t need to buy anything else, as they will last for ever as there’s nothing to deteriorate. I have to laugh at some of the reviews, because I can’t understand why you would contact customer service about a mild steel pan, like there could be a problem with it??? Show details ·  1
Mary
Mary2 posts

NICOLE MYLES
NICOLE MYLESVictoria4 posts
DHA
DHAGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC5 posts

SJP
SJPAustralian Capital Territory

Faulty junk pans and Rude arrogant staff

Pans are pieces of junk and last one use. Do not buy from this company. To make things even better they are the rudest bunch of clowns this side of the moon. Show details
Trustty
Trustty

At last a Cooking pan I can use anyware

Just Cooked A Quiche using two of my new Solidteknic pans .The Noni skillet Cooked the Quiche perfectly on My Bbq .Quiche cameout of the Noni skillet without Sticking to its Base .Used other fry pan to cook ingredients finished off cooking Pine nuts that finished off the salad perfectly. Show details
Lani
LaniMetropolitan Adelaide, SA9 posts

Kruckfamily
KruckfamilyMoncrieff 2914, ACT53 posts

Judy M
Judy M

I want a small frypan to cook salmon. Do i use olive oil and what pan suits? Is there a lid? I also need to cook soup in a large pan. What is suitable? Where do I purchase your products at the best price? I want non-toxic pans which are 100% safe. Many thanks.

Pascale Radi
Pascale Radi

Not really a question but just wanted to say I was interested in buying your products. I don’t usually care about negative reviews especially when there are so many more positive ones but the thing that has stopped me from buying any of our products is your customer service responses to negative reviews. They are unprofessional and condescending. I fear to ever have to deal with your customer service team. The responses are taken as a personal attack on the person responding and continue to blame the customer. Who starts off an email repeatedly with, ‘Shame, ….’.
Cringe worthily stuff to read, learn how to better deal with negative reviews and trust people more.

Thanks but no thanks.

Solidteknics   DM

We respect your feedback. Unfortunately, what is most often not available is the full context. Happy cooking!

Red
Red

Interested in the lightning range but I cook on an electric cooktop?
How flat is the bottom? Will they be highly effective on an electric top or will I have issues with slight warping or concaving?

Features:

AUS-ION™ is the world’s first and only pan made entirely of one piece of wrought iron (formed low-carbon steel) with no welts or bolts. It is useful for everyday oil and fat-based frying and grilling. It is half the weight of traditional cast iron and seasoned iron is a non-toxic and renewable non-stick.

Reviewers loved:

The pan is conductive and heats up quickly, and the product is non-stick while also being very safe and non-toxic. It is rated very highly for build quality.

To keep in mind:

This pan must undergo a seasoning process before being used and therefore may not be suitable for beginner cooks or those looking for low-maintenance cookware. It is also in the medium-price range and rated 3.8 for value for money.

CategoryCookware & Fryware Products