Solidteknics AUS-ION Cookware

Solidteknics AUS-ION Cookware

See the Best Cookware & Fryware Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Solidteknics

Pros

• Half the weight of cast iron pots

• Non-stick

• Handles don’t get too hot

• Suitable for induction cooktops

Cons

• Must be seasoned before use

• Medium price range

• Concave base that doesn’t always transfer heat well

• Hot Handles While Cooking Yes (9) · No (39)
  • Even Heat DistributionYes (42) · No (5)
  • Non-Stick Longevity
  • Non-Stick Quality

Newyjo
Newyjo New South Wales

Not happy with my purchase

I did a lot of research prior to purchasing my Solid kenetics large wok as it was $299 but my husband and I both cook a lot so I thought it would be a great investment. Unfortunately after following all the seasoning instructions it still sticks it also has a few rust spots on it, I took pictures and sent them to the company and was they advised me to scour them with steel wool and re season which I have done multiple times now. I am extremely unhappy with my purchase and regret buying it. It is virtually unusable and now just sits in the cupboard with its cover on.

Purchased in May 2020 at Kitchen Warehouse Online Store for $299.00.

I love Cast iron, and I love my Aus-ion

Purchased in May 2017.

beast of a pan

Purchased in November 2020 for $199.00.

Not as promised

We purchased the Wok at $198.00 as recommended for an induction cook top and seasoned it in the oven as directed. For the first use tonight the stir fry was a disaster. In spite of using sufficient oil any meat such as thinly sliced chicken stuck to the wok like glue. Just scraping the chicken from the wok lifted the seasoning of the wok. I had to clean it with a wire pad thus removing all the work done to season it.
The joke is when using gas we had a faultless run with a $25.00 Wok from a local Chinese supermarket. We always believed that it was with paying a premium for quality.

Purchased in November 2020.

lance sterling

check your link next to 'via email'. It is spelt incorrect ly and has caused me frustration with my email being rejected. I wish, oh how I wish I had bought a simpler product. Now back to extra work of seasoning and seasoning and seasoning again

Cookware & Fryware Products

Find out how Solidteknics AUS-ION Cookware compares to other Cookware & Fryware Products

Nals
NalsSydney, NSW

Amazing set of pans - They give back the love you give them

• +12Thumbnail
Stacey
StaceyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Life changer!

Purchased in February 2021 at Solidteknics for $172.00.

Excellent Pan: Expensive But Worth It

I bought the 28CM frying pan and after PROPERLY seasoning it the surface almost as nonstick as a Teflon pan. My only criticism would be the flare on the end of the handle which looks beautiful and houses a cutout of Australia, does dig into my hand and is slightly uncomfortable. I could see this effect being exacerbated on larger heavier pans. Still a great pan.

UK Reviewer.

Purchased in January 2021 for $176.00.

Gratz
GratzBrisbane

Take the time to look after it and it will treat you well.

Purchased in January 2020 at Kitchen Warehouse Online Store for $151.00.

Pat
PatMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great Pans

Have 4 of there pans all good once seasoned they are great, practical & functional. I work away & my wife cooked acid based tomato sauces in it plus let let our Labrador do a pre-rinse on it & totally lifted the seasoning. I buffed it back to metal with wire wheel on angle grinder & re seasoned it, is back to perfect again. I am going to buy a NONI one day but still trying to get head around price, I am sure once purchased it will be worth it.

Purchased at MINIMAX.

Helen
HelenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The negative reviews are on the money!

I have an induction cooktop and this pan is an unsuitable implement for it.
From the start, we followed the seasoning instructions correctly and have since oven baked for the correct cooking surface multiple times. I also thinly coat the surface with oil after every use.
For over 2 years I have perservered with this pan, but alas it just does not do an adequate job.
Disappointing for an expensive, highly recommended pan.

Purchased at Minimax for $170.00.

honest Joe
honest Joe

31cm Not what you want a cooking surface to be

I have the 26cm pan which I love but the 31cm skillet is terrible, the convex is so huge even when heated properly, you cant do pancakes or crepe's etc. because the batter just goes straight to the outside, the convex is greater than 6mm at cooking temp, totally unusable for 80% of its intended use..... waste of money..

Purchased in August 2020 at solidteknics for $190.00.

Pandorash
PandorashSydney

Amazing cookware

Purchased in March 2019.

chalie
chalie

Very good products

Have been using now for over a year, once sealed the pan is great. Highly recommend.
Just some advice dont leave it soaking in water for very long, wash and dry promptly.

Purchased in December 2019.

Meg
MegGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Fried eggs stick like mad to this pan

Purchased in May 2020 at The Que Club for $120.00.

STEPHENPerth, WA

Great Cookware

Purchased in March 2020 at Kitchen Warehouse for $199.00.

Red
Redasked

Interested in the lightning range but I cook on an electric cooktop?
How flat is the bottom? Will they be highly effective on an electric top or will I have issues with slight warping or concaving?

Solidteknics AustraliaSolidteknics

Hi Red, all of our pans are engineered with a concave to avoid warping - solidteknics.com/concave Our pans work with any heat source, we do recommend with electric stovetops, to heat slowly as you become familiar with the pan and its high conductivity. Thank you in advance for your support.

David
Davidasked

I have read some poor reviews about Aus Iron pans performance on induction stoves. Are these valid? Do the pans work as well as a spun steel pan?

Solidteknics AustraliaSolidteknics

Hi David, our pans are formed from one piece of pure Australian iron sheet - induction conducts perfectly well with iron as a general rule yet particularly well with Solidteknics given our pans are seamless, and are magnetic all over, rather than just magnetic layers in the base. The variable is the stovetop itself. Major variables not often considered are the size and layout of the cooking zones ie the location of the coils, and the controls. Pricing varies from a few hundred dollars to $4000, this gives you an idea of how they can vary. I trust this helps.

STEPHEN

Hi David, I cook on gas myself, but those I know who use Solidteknics with induction (and there are many that do) love the performance of AusIon on induction. This topic comes up occasionally often with comments about what seems to be a big variable in the quality of induction stove appliances sold in domestic applications. But a poor performing appliance will affect the performance of any brand of cookware no matter how good it is. Solidteknics cookware would likely perform better than most I would suspect due to its construction and materials used.

KBMasked

Would this type of cookware be suitable for all types of cooking? For instance: tomatoes shouldn’t be cooked in cast iron - would they be ok to cook in these pots and pans??

Solidteknics AustraliaSolidteknics

Hi KBM, good question! Our AUS-ION pans are made from clean Australian iron so season and perform similarly to cast iron. Whilst you can cook anything in them, acidic foods like tomato can erode the seasoning (though always an easy fix through more seasoning!). We recommend our Noni range for all acidic foods, slow cooking, curries etc. Noni is made from ferritic, non nickel stainless steel so no seasoning required and super low maintenance: https://www.solidteknics.com/noni-seamless-ferritic-stainless-steel/ <3

KBM

That’s great advice thank you!

See all Solidteknics AUS-ION Cookware questions

Get an answer from our members and Solidteknics representatives

Features:

AUS-ION™ is the world’s first and only pan made entirely of one piece of wrought iron (formed low-carbon steel) with no welts or bolts. It is useful for everyday oil and fat-based frying and grilling. It is half the weight of traditional cast iron and seasoned iron is a non-toxic and renewable non-stick.

Reviewers loved:

The pan is conductive and heats up quickly, and the product is non-stick while also being very safe and non-toxic. It is rated very highly for build quality.

To keep in mind:

This pan must undergo a seasoning process before being used and therefore may not be suitable for beginner cooks or those looking for low-maintenance cookware. It is also in the medium-price range and rated 3.8 for value for money.

CategoryCookware & Fryware Products