Solidteknics AUS-ION Cookware

Solidteknics AUS-ION Cookware

4.2

• Hot Handles While Cooking Yes (6) · No (31)
  • Even Heat DistributionYes (32) · No (3)
  • Non-Stick Longevity
  • Non-Stick Quality

STEPHEN

STEPHENPerth, WA

Great Cookware

Purchased in March 2020 at Kitchen Warehouse for A$199.00.

Azat

AzatGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Well designed

Purchased in June 2020 at Kitchen Warehouse for A$189.00.

Even Heat DistributionYes

Now that I’ve got the hand of it it’s perfect!

I love this product. I had trouble with my early seasoning attempts (too much oil) and didn’t research how to wash the pan correctly so early results weren’t good. But having done my homework including cleaning as well as lower cooking temperatures even my 13 year old has no problems cooking on it. It is now well seasoned, non stick, and I love it. I’ve had no issue with the handles getting hot, and I find it solid without being too heavy. I encourage everyone to persevere and take the advice of the company support team rather than give up!

Purchased at Quirky cooking for A$150.00.

Non-Stick Longevity1 - 4 months
Cookware & Fryware Products

Find out how Solidteknics AUS-ION Cookware compares to other Cookware & Fryware Products

Chris Mason

Chris MasonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Induction hob? Do NOT buy this skillet.

Concave base, thin metal unsatisfactory for induction. Lower heat absorption. Inconsistent heat transfer. Hot spots at perimeter. Without care prone to severe overheating and damage to hob. Perfect for gas.

Purchased in February 2020 at Dish n That, Capalaba for A$150.00.

Even Heat DistributionNo
Josh A

Josh ABrisbane

Had mine for about 5 years

Purchased in January 2014.

Non-Stick Longevity3+ years

Cate S.South East Queensland, QLD

Didn't work well for me and customer service wouldn't believe me.

Followed seasoning advise exactly but it never got black or non-slip.
Anything cooked on surface would stick and had to be removed using a scourer.
I must have seasoned it like 7 times and it never went black like in the pictures.

Prone to rust and verdigris if left in dishes overnight so keep oiled. Handle is uncomfortable.

Customer service emailed me back and forth at least 10 times giving me explanations.
I asked if it's possible the steel poured could be inconsistent but this was laughed at.
Customer service never apologised or offered a refund. Am disappointed.

Pending response from this review, I'll be donating it local charity. Perhaps nearby homeless could get better use of it on an open fire that I could with my stove.

Purchased in January 2019 at Everten Online for A$119.00.

Cate S.

I meant to click Solve Privately because I'd still like to get my money back but I doubt that would happen. I put it on the back burner for so long because all the emails just made me feel like there was nothing could be done.

Cate S.

I'm so glad to hear that you're happy to help. I did not have seasoning troubles on my end; I was able to follow the instructions easily. It just did not season. I request a refund. The pan has been sitting doing nothing all this time.

Outstanding quality and performing cookware

Purchased in May 2015 for A$160.00.

SOLIDteknicsSolidteknics

Thanks for your wonderful and detailed review Jim! We're so pleased to hear you're loving your cookware. Happy cooking! <3

Shelly

ShellyPerth, WA

Terrible company to deal with . If you have an issue it's your fault.

Difficult to season. Poor or no instructions inclueded with the pans. I tried multiple times contacted the company was basically made to feel like an idiot. Their warrenty is non existent.dont waste your money

Purchased in February 2019 for A$900.00.

Hot Handles While Cooking Yes
Daniel

DanielCairns

Just what I was after

Bought this to replace non-stick pans that tend to last about 1 year in our home. Sure this pan takes a bit of looking after (a couple of minutes to clean and season after each meal) but that's a small price to pay for something that will pay you back by lasting forever.

We did make the mistake of cooking a tomato based meal in it and I had to restart the seasoning over again - won't do that again. Other than that we cook eggs, fish and plenty of sensitives without issue.

I love products that are made to last. I'll be buying one of these for my kids when they leave home and I hope they learn to appreciate it as much as I do.

Good job Solidteknics.

Purchased in October 2019 at Kitchen Warehouse for A$180.00.

Hot Handles While Cooking Yes

Michael

MichaelPerth

Worth the price and effort...

Purchased in January 2020 for A$200.00.

Lanna

LannaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Best pans EVER!

Bought my first pan a few years ago and we love it so much that we are always adding more and more sizes to our collection. Lighter than cast iron, cooks beautifully if looked after and hard wearing, we pack them when we go camping as well. Highly recommended!

Purchased in December 2018 at Everten Online for A$151.00.

SOLIDteknicsSolidteknics

Thank you Lanna for taking the time to leave a SOLID review. We highly appreciate your support. The beauty with AUS-ION and US-ION wrought iron they are suitable for any heat source and get better with age and use. Happy cooking!

Dealing with the founder, prior to delivery.

Purchased for A$500.00.

Rich E Rich
Rich E Rich
Henry Xu

Henry XuGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Avoid like a plague

You will waste countless hours of time, gas and money trying to season and reseason these pans. I would give 0 stars for maintenance if I could! They extremely susceptible to rust. Not happy Jan!

Avoid at all costs and stick to using stainless steel or cast iron. After persisting in using these pans for a few months, they are destined for the scrap heap as the retailer would not accept the return.

Purchased in September 2019 at Kitchen Warehouse Physical Stores for A$120.00.

Adam K

Adam KGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Ordinary value to be honest

Purchased in December 2019 at Kitchen Warehouse Online Store for A$239.00.

Even Heat DistributionNo
Rae

RaeWestern Australia

I love my Solidteknic Aus-ion pans, no more toxic non stick coatings for me.

I have the Bigga skillet, the 35cm wok, 26cm frypan, they are amazing. Just be patient and learn how to season the pans well or just start deep frying and cooking bacon. I love cooking with olive oil and a bit of butter.

Purchased in July 2017 at Kitchen wearhouse for A$129.00.

Non-Stick Longevity3+ years
SOLIDteknicsSolidteknics

Thank you Rae for your great review, you definitely have a lovely combination of workhorse pans. Happy Cooking!

Laurie D.

Laurie D.South East Queensland, QLD

Just LOVE these pans!

I first heard of SolidTeknics cast iron pans online, had a look and thought "one day I'll get one". By the time I got around to getting a pan, cast iron was not being made anymore. So I got satin wrought iron instead. And LOVE IT. Have had these pans for two years now and they are always my go to pans. Handles stay cool, unless they go into the oven, but hey, obviously. Not many other pans would be happy on a fire, or in the oven. Non stick, light weight, easy clean... what more could you want? The company also has more help and morals than any other company I can think of. Really you can't go wrong!

SOLIDteknicsSolidteknics

So great to hear you're loving your AUS-ION Satin pan Laurie! Thanks for your wonderful review and for supporting our vision for a sustainable cookware future. :-)

FLUMOXED

If you're serious about cooking, then Solidteknics is the only way to go.

Purchased in January 2016.

SOLIDteknicsSolidteknics

Thank you for your great review, and for supporting our vision for a sustainable cookware future! And great to hear you're enjoying our Solidteknics Cookware Lovers Facebook group - we love our wonderful, helpful community! :)

Cate8

Cate8Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Close to cooking perfection - if you're prepared to change your cooking style and learn to season.

Purchased in September 2015 at Kickstarter for A$150.00.

Genevieve M

Genevieve MSouth East Queensland, QLD

The best frypan you can ever get

26cm Solidteknics Sauteuse Frypan: Yes, it needs to be seasoned first as it is not coated with a toxic non-stick coating. But the website gives really clear instructions, and I have never had anything stick to my pan since I seasoned it. Heat distribution is beautifully even so really easy to cook on. Sure, it's heavier than a lightweight cheap pan, but it's not as heavy as full cast iron, I can still flip things in it easily. No rivets makes it a dream to clean. The handle never gets too hot to handle due to the gaps in the handle near the pan. I really can't believe how good this pan is, and how much I love it! Treat it well, and it will treat you well, then it will treat your kids well and their kids well also!

Purchased in November 2019 for A$149.00.

Michelle T.

Michelle T.

A little love needed but these are the only pans I'll ever buy again

We have an 18cm, a 30cm and a Bigga and we use them everyday! Eggs just slide around, pancakes the same and when cooking meat, the pans produce an amazing crust. After cooking I brush under hot water then back onto the stove to dry, occasionally I wipe a tiny smear of oil to keep them happy and they're ready for the next breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Purchased in January 2017.

SOLIDteknicsSolidteknics

Thank you for your review! We're so pleased to hear your loving your AUS-ION pans. Sounds like you've nailed the seasoning! ;-)

KBMasked

Would this type of cookware be suitable for all types of cooking? For instance: tomatoes shouldn’t be cooked in cast iron - would they be ok to cook in these pots and pans??

SOLIDteknicsSolidteknics

Hi KBM, good question! Our AUS-ION pans are made from clean Australian iron so season and perform similarly to cast iron. Whilst you can cook anything in them, acidic foods like tomato can erode the seasoning (though always an easy fix through more seasoning!). We recommend our Noni range for all acidic foods, slow cooking, curries etc. Noni is made from ferritic, non nickel stainless steel so no seasoning required and super low maintenance: https://www.solidteknics.com/noni-seamless-ferritic-stainless-steel/ <3

KBM

That’s great advice thank you!

Plo

Ploasked

I am needing to replace my damaged Le Creuset pot and am contemplating whether to go with Le Creuset again or Solidteknics. What Solidteknics pot would be an equivalent of the Le Creuset pot, and how do they compare?

SOLIDteknicsSolidteknics

Hi Plo, we don't tend to compare products, though I can guide you on Solidteknics, with the end decision being yours. This pot is 6L's https://www.solidteknics.com/noni6lRondeau, that said, I am not certain which Le Creuset pot you had in mind.

Our lids are unique - each skillet-lid alone is a high-performance shallow skillet, crepe pan, baking tray, or griddle for all kinds of frying and grilling. Each Solidteknics pan is engraved with the month and year of manufacture for heirloom collectibility.

Other features:

100% made in Australia (Sydney)
World-first 1-piece pan
No rivets, welds, screws = indestructible
The lid is multi-functional.
Multi-century warranty
Date stamped for future generations
Vented handle dissipates heat
Exotic small batch ferritic (non-nickel) stainless steel
Solid (non-clad) 3mm thick
Fast and even conduction on all heat sources

Either way, thank you for considering Solidteknics.

Hotspur
Hotspur

Hi Plo,
I'm intrigued to know what happened to your Le Creuset pot (I assume you are referring to a cast iron enamelled pot/dutch oven/coccotte)? I have purchased a collection of STAUB cast iron enamelled coccottes over many years (worth several thousands of dollars) and have never ever had a single issue with any of them. I love them. That said, I also own several Le Creuset items - but only stainless fry pans, saute pans and sauce pans. This thread interests me because I also own several De Buyer and Mauviel carbon steel pans and i'm wondering how SOLIDTEKNICS products could possibly be, well, better? For instance, my De Buyer pans alone seem to be a fraction of the price of some of the SOLIDTEKNICS products ... and come with lifetime guarantees too. And for the record, I would be blown away if anyone could show me ANY product that performed better (and looked better) than my beloved STAUB 28cm 6.7L Coccotte (https://static.petersofkensington.com.au/images/ProductImages/891859-Large.jpg). The pan touted by SOLIDTEKNICS above - https://www.solidteknics.com/noni6lRondeau - is a whopping 46cm wide! That is gigantic! Seriously, almost twice as wide as my big Staub at nearly a litre less capacity and nearly twice the price! Oh, and ALL my Staub gear has never required seasoning, will handle soap and water and is easy as pie to clean, dry and store on my shelves.

This is not intended to be a derogatory post towards SOLIDTEKNICS. Not at all. And i have read plenty about them for well over a year; they sound impressive and look quite sleek. I also don't need my arm twisted much to buy cookware - my kit is colossal - but i just can't see what ELSE i'm gonna get by leaning towards this (so-called) innovative design? Apart from being a one-piece design, i don't see what else has been invented here that companies like De Buyer and Mauviel, just to name a couple, have been doing for a VERY long time?

SOLIDteknicsSolidteknics

Hi Hotspur, we don't compare tend to focus on product comparison, though the innovation of our brand is the one-piece manufacturing process, therefore it eliminates the rivets, joins and screws, and they are Australian made using locally sourced iron. In relation to our 6L noni stainless steel pot, it's not just a pot, the lid is also world first and is a skillet-lid/baking/pizza tray too, again Australian made. Our stainless is specially made for us in Germany given Australia doesn' make stainless anymore though they are still made in Sydney.

If you are happy with your Staub products, that is wonderful, we aren't for everyone though hopefully, this gives you an insight into the manufacturer's we are committed to innovation, clean material, locally made, multi-functional, Australian and can cook you eggs on your stove in the morning and be thrown into your campfire for dinner later that night :)

Happy cooking!

idscratch

idscratchasked

I am interested in buying but concerned about the negative experiences. I would like to ask as seasoning is completely new to me if I do it wrong can I save the pan?

Ines

Sorry, not sure. I'd be interested to find out about resetting a pan as well. I haven't researched that yet.

Please know it is def not non-stick cookware like Teflon or similar, rather a low stick alternativewhich I find usually requires some oil or fat to prevent food sticking.

Ines

Much, much better than stainless steel

FLUMOXED

You really can't go wrong. Just follow the instructions, join the Facebook page where you can ask other users for tips, advice (and recipes), and try it. If it's not quite right, just do it again. Some people don't even bother seasoning, they just cook, cook, and cook some more and it basically seasons itself.

Get an answer from our members and Solidteknics representatives