Sony HT-DDW7000

Sony HT-DDW7000

See the Best Home Theatre Systems in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Not worth the money - Dissapointing considering coming from SONY

First of all, on the technical side of things, straight out of the box the speakers are 6Ω. If you know a little about sound systems, you would know that good speakers are 8Ω and above. 6Ω means that the amplifier does not have enough power to give to the speakers so they scale down the speakers in order to compensate.

Secondly, the bass sounds very bad. No near as good as my previous sound system. Very dull and flat not much treble at all.

Thirdly, no options to set equalizer settings, you are not able to make any adjustments whatsoever for the bass, treble, or even to adjust the level of the rear speakers. The only thing you can adjust is the volume!

Apparently this system comes with a 'special' microphone which you put in the middle of your room and it adjusts the system automatically. I did that and to be honest I would rather have been able to adjust it myself.

I've seen some reviews that say this sound system has crystal clear sound comparing to my old system. Well guys your old system must have been a Hi-Fi stereo, because I had a 5.1 system from 'mission' which are made in England and I tell you this Sony is rubbish compared to it.

You haven't heard good quality sound if you think this is the best sounding system.

Sony has been going downhill in recent years.
Looks good, 4x HDMI ports, nothing else really....avoid this system
Expensive, Crappy bass, 6Ω speakers below average, Feels and sounds cheap

That's incorrect to say only good speakers are 8Ω. That's like saying that the only good cars have two seats. Also it depends how you measure it across the frequency range - average or only at a certain band. It IS true that your amp needs to power them appropriately, more current for lower impedance. Just fixing the misinformation.6ohm means they're harder to drive, but provide more volume. There are bass and treble,and EQ settings. There is full manual control of speaker positioning and levels. Did you even read the manual?

Good

An impressive array of feature for a HTIB type home theatre system.
Although it has a very "power 90's" look to it, the Muteki system actually sounds pretty decent. Infact, for the money we paid for it, its downright amazing. Once setup correctly, it does a great job at giving you that cinematic experience.

The subs do not seem to be setup for purely sub bass. The crossover point for these are set at a rather high 150Hz which is almost twice the recommended point for home theatre. Unfortunately this means the the bass becomes muddy and boomy instead of clear, tight and with a punch.

There is a lack of e.q. settings, so those who like to tweak their systems will be disappointed.
This system is load! Good for the budget if you shop around, but not the best when paying RRP
*7.2 surround sound
*Decodes an impressive amount of surround formats
*Muddy bass
*Lack of equalizer settings

Hey all We're not full on about our sound quality, dont really look directly into things but from our point of view it does the job for us quite well. Might not have all the great adjustments but its great if you just want a basic sweet sounding system. It doesn't sound cheap to us, watched some pretty loud action movies on this system and it sounds amazing imo.