Sony UBP-X700

Sony UBP-X700

2.8

Christo

ChristoMelbourne

freezes constantly on netflix and random movies

useless device. honestly dont waste your money. do not buy this machine. sony know its no good and they do nothing. i really wish i never bougth this item, now going through hoops to try return it.

Purchased in November 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for A$278.00.

Craig L.

Craig L.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Player constantly freezes

Purchased in September 2019.

PeterG

PeterGSouth Lake, Perth WA 6164

I bought this after the TCL 4K TV

This has played every CD/DVD I have thrown at it, A compact player worth every penny, no problem with the remote on this model, easy to connect to TV and internet via Wi-Fi, and your ready for business. I buy Blu Ray discs where I can pending on the cost, I try to get them om special

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Blu-Ray & DVD Players

Find out how Sony UBP-X700 compares to other Blu-Ray & DVD Players

Topcat

TopcatMelbourne

4k IS AMAZING

I bought this with Passengers, 4k bluray. It looks amazing. The sound and the picture are both superb.
I tried Netflix and the picture is too dark. I don't know if its a setting or not but certainly from disc the picture is excellent.

I tried to stream my 4k videos from my PC in the study but they constantly buffer. streaming 1080 videos are fine, about 20gig files seems to be the limit before the bit rate is too high. The unit only has a 10/100 network so i think this is the issue. the files play fine when playing from the xbox so i know this is a limitation on the Sony unit.

So for playing blurays its great. i removed a star for the netflix and streaming limitation.

Date PurchasedSep 2018