Sony W650D KDL55W650D

Sony W650D KDL55W650D

MPN: 36478634

See the Best Full HD TVs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

JulieM

JulieM

Not a bad tv initally

Purchased this television a few years ago, its all working well besides the usb function not longer reads however it still has power, as a result i now run a chromecast to it to stream movies which are on external HD

Purchased in September 2016 for $1,499.00.

Performance
Picture Quality
Software
Sound Quality

bevcol

bevcolSouth East Queensland, QLD

Frustrated

Bought this tv about 2 years ago and have lost times I have done a factory reset.. Trying to watch Netflix etc frequently requires resetting the network connection. When watching things like seven plus part way through program screen goes black and tv freezes requiring it to be switched off at wall.

Purchased in October 2016 at JB Hifi Home for $1,200.00.

Performance
Picture Quality
Software
Sound Quality
Gina L

Gina L----

Don't Buy

i bought this tv from The GoodGuys back in 2017 and asked to be shown great smart tv's for a family. This is what they convinced me to get and all i have had is issue after issue. Tv mutes itself at any time, doesn't turn on at time then we literally have to turn off at wall and wait a minute then turn on again, It switches channels on us, just goes black whilst watching it and turns its self on when no one has timed anything. Its just a nightmare, and with a family having a good working tv is everything. So disappointed in this Sony TV and Sony's Customer Service it is shocking for a big company. So walk away from this Sony Tv, not worth it!!!

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Good grief Charlie Brown!

So disappointed. Cannot add Australian Apps, so frustrating. Bought from the Good Guys and told that it would load Stan etc. But it cannot. So frustrating. I cannot recommend this television as it is not what the salesperson said it would be. Sony should update the software to accept Australian Apps.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Lisa

LisaGeraldton

Don't buy Especially from Good Guys!!!!!

We bought this TV from Good Guys 2 years ago and I would love to slap the person who sold this to us in the face!! I asked if this TV had all the Australian Apps like 7Plus, ABC for kids etc. and he laughed at me " OF course!!". Well guess what... it hasn't and there is no feature on the TV to add these apps. This TV is the only one on Sony that doesn't support Australian Apps. So stay away from it... and the Good Guys!!!

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Wandering2

Wandering2Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good picture, multiple problems with wifi connection.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Gmat

Gmat

Terrible. Returned faulty

The picture quality is good and will work for free to air. I had issues with it not holding channels and changing automatically. The apps have issues constantly and internet drops off for no apparent reason. The only way to fix these issues are to reset to factory settings. And you will have to do this regularly.
Would definitely not recommend.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

BD

BDWimmera, VIC

Great TV if it was set up for Australia

The picture is great but the apps are set up for another region. You can not load the Stan app and the apps that are preloaded are for other countries. Great if I lived in India or Asia but not much good for Australia. The picture quality and sound is great so it is a real pity that it lacks the functionality of a real smart TV.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Amz

AmzAdelaide

Love my Smart tv

Love my smart tv has google, Netflix, Foxtel, you tube as well as numerous other apps. Great display haven’t had any issues with it. The only downfall is I can’t download my own apps as they become available such as 7go etc I have to search for them.

Shane

ShanePerth

Always stick with my major brand for quality

I found with this smart tv to be reliable and the best ever with no problems and that's why I stuck
with sony for this.
Easy to use with the remote and the apps are fine with the smart tv function.
Connecting to wifi is no problems .
Sound is perfect.
Highly recommended if you don't want problems.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Broggo

BroggoLismore NSW

Great TV for what we paid!

Purchased this TV for a bargain price during Boxing Day sales and haven't regretted it since. My son uses it to play his PS4 and it looks amazing on it. The picture is beautiful and the sound is also pretty good, although you can't go wrong with adding a soundbar or any other sound setup to your TV to avoid even needing to use the TV speakers. The inbuilt Smart TV functions are nice to have too. My partner watches Netflix on there and uses some of the catchup apps too. I would reccommend this TV to anyone who is after a good TV and can find it for a good price.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Ramy

RamyBrisbane

So far so good

So far so good. The set up was easy (skipped the auto set up because I have an HDMI cable box and just selected the input). The picture quality is great. It has more screen space than my old sony bravia. The sound is definitely different. It's about as loud on 50 as my old tv was on 30, which is okay because it's in a bedroom. The sound quality is good. It does sound like it is coming from the tv and not bouncing off the wall behind it like some very thin tvs. Overall I like it. Also it has the turn on timer function which I love because I use my tv as an alarm clock.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

NRG user

NRG userBrisbane

Great value - what ours lacks in size it makes up for in image quality and function

Date PurchasedJan 2018

FredCobram

Great Tv - Very happy

Works very well with my Home network accessing my Synology drive for movies, netflix works very well and Colors and audio also work very well, Great Tv all round, Managed to get mine on a special price and kids give it a good workout with Channel 22. No Issues at all

Date PurchasedOct 2014
Richard

RichardMelbourne

This is perfect

We bought this TV in 2014, and it doesn't matter what type of movie we are watching or how old the movie is that we are watching for the outcome is still the same, high definition and clarity. When we watch black and white old movies it's as if the was made in the present. We don’t have any problems with it, perfect product.

Date PurchasedJan 2014
rayraywangy

rayraywangyMelbourne

Perfect!

Just very nice TV, good colour, worded well with google Chrome Cast. The only negative is the initial starting time. It takes a good 20 seconds for it to be responsive to the remote. Internet surfing is also tricky without keyboard and mouse. It is what it is I guess. Love it but will change to UHD soon

Date PurchasedApr 2014

AndyA

AndyA

A nice looking TV with some issues

This TV is very aesthetically pleasing and has a great picture quality.
The SMART TV functionality is also very good but i have found that at times its connectivity to the INternet and the apps can also be a bit unstable. It is manageable however can get annoying if it were to persist.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Cara

CaraWatson

Good TV for the price

I had always had Samsung TVs previously but hubby wanted to get a bigger one and the price for this model was too good to pass up. Good picture, easy to use and has all the features we need. Big enough to keep everyone happy. No bad points to mention.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

malley100

malley100Perth

Solid tv with a few quirks

A decent tv overall. I got it for a great price under $900. 55 inch size and picture quality is good as well.

I find the internet connectivity average. The smart features are good for Netflix and iTunes but not much else. It doesn’t offer Stan and other apps with no ability to add these.

I also find that once a month the tv needs to be reset at the PowerPoint which is real strange. It will freeze or won’t connect to wifi until it gets a power reset even after software updates.

Other than that it’s a good tv.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Deepak

DeepakSydney, NSW

A good TV for the price.

It has been almost 2 years since I purchased the TV. It has performed well in the picture department. The audio is okay but the wifi leaves a lot to be desired. When all other wifi operated devices pickup the signal readily, it keeps dropping out connection from time to time.

Date PurchasedMar 2016