Sony W660F Series

Sony W660F Series

KDL43W660F (43") and KDL50W660F (50")

See the Best Full HD TVs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Great picture but a few glitches.

I have had this tv for 12 months now. Bought it on special from the good guys for $895. Great FHD picture & it never has trouble with the wireless internet connection. Smart tv functions are good. I really like the Netflix & youtube buttons on the remote. Now for the issues: on 3 occasions the software has jammed up. So I have to restore factory settings. Then it's fine. The other issue is I like to set up timers to record tv shows to a usb. e.g: I set up a timer recording to tape a show 8:30am mon-fri. It records tues-sat instead. Don't know why. Also navigating the tv guide to record shows manually is tedious and has too many steps. This DEFINITELY needs to be simplified. Too many screens to go thru. I should just be able to select a show and hit a record button & that's it. I don't need to go in & out of the edit info section every single time. That's a pain. The TV guide could load quicker too. These issues are not deal breakers but need to be fixed. It's still a great tv & I would recommend it.

Purchased in August 2018 at The Good Guys for $895.00.

Satisfied with this TV

Good smart TV bought it after reading some positive reviews. Good picture quality , colour and sound but have problem while browsing it is very slow. Price was reasonable for a 43 inch TV.

Purchased in January 2019 at Appliances Online for $735.00.

Sound Quality

It delivers for the value of money spent!

Bought this tv for kiddo to play his Playstation 4. Paid $800 at Goodguys and honestly, this TV does its job. Not to say it is bad, but for a 8 year old who plays car games most of the time, this tv delivers what it requires. Built quality is good.The FHD display is sharp and clear, sound quality delivers the punch you need for racing games. However it is 50hz, so expect some motion slug but having said that, hey for a kiddo, it doesn't matter. Plus it comes in with built-in youtube. A Good buy.

Purchased in November 2018 for $800.00.

Sound Quality

A great upgrade of my old digital TV... so many new features!

This product makes my 10 year old digital TV seem like it came off Noah's Ark! Although the Sony W660F has a bigger screen it was 1/3rd the price of the old set, has 1/3 the power consumption (6 star rating) and is 1/3 the weight. It allows me to watch YouTube videos, record TV to my USB Hard Drive (3TB is now less than $100) and watch videos from the HDrive (just make sure you transfer your videos to the HDrive AFTER you set it up for TV record as it will erase everything). I even found I could connect a USB wireless keyboard* and mouse to the TV when browsing the web... BUT browsing is SSLLOOWW. I prefer to use my mobile phone and mirror it to the TV (on new Samsung phones select the "Smart View" icon in settings)... Using mirror screen mode I can display my mobile's photos on the TV, listen to music or watch even more videos on the TV. Great colour, it's brilliant!