Spacetalk Adventurer

Spacetalk Adventurer

MPNs: ST2-CR-1 and ST2-MN-1
See the Best Kids Smart Watches / Activity Trackers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Spacetalk

Pros

• Simple to set up and use

• Quick to charge

• Battery Life

Chris3939
Chris3939Sydney, NSW

The horrible strap/buckle makes the watch useless

Purchased in September 2021.

Cat fan
Cat fantorquay

Second one we've had. Waste of money both times.

Purchased in November 2021 at Big W for $350.00.

SpacetalkSpacetalk

Reliable watch and amazing customer service

I purchased the adventurer spacetalk for my daughter’s 9th birthday. After 3 days it was broken. The customer service team was very helpful and responsive. They sent us a new one in few days. It has been working perfectly for almost 11 months now. Unfortunately the magnetic charger has been so hard to keep charging for the last couple of days. Battery life is perfect specially when I canceled the option that updates the location. So happy with my purchase. It would be great if there’s a “find my watch” option, even if the watch ran out of charging, and an option to listen to the environment around the child. Thank you.

Purchased in January 2021 at JB Hi-Fi for $349.00.

Esraa K.
Esraa K.

Thank you very much Darcy.

Belinda
BelindaSouth East Queensland, QLD

The service snd watch functiond

Earlier this year my daughter was a little bit careless with her watch She has the Space talk adventurer. She broke one of the straps.

I contacted space talk for support and almost immediately was given precise details on how they would like to rectify the situation and what we could do to get the watch back to my daughter.

Life got busy and I left it a little bit longer to send the watch back. Which then made me fear that the watch might have been out of warranty and I would have to pay the expenses of fixing the watch.

However the service they provided was swift, professional and very compassionate

Purchased in March 2021 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores.

Kids Smart Watches / Activity Trackers

Find out how Spacetalk Adventurer compares to other Kids Smart Watches / Activity Trackers

Greg M.
Greg M.Sydney, NSW

An excellent product backed by outstanding support

Very happy with our purchase. The Spacetalk Adventurer is very well built and we are so glad we chose it for our son who absolutely loves it. He hasn't stopped using it and the battery lasts a lot longer than we expected. The interface is cleaned and easy to navigate, well suited for kids. The staff at Spacetalk have been helpful and are quick to respond to any questions.

Purchased in October 2021.

Steve
SteveSydney, NSW

Best smart watch for kids

If you are looking for a 4G watch to be able to track and contact your kids that will actually work and be reliable this is the watch you want. Battery is decent considering the price, at least a day, which is all you need, and charging is quick, or if you reduce the GPS ping rate will last even longer. Parental controls are simple and give peace of mind and watch was easy to set up. Audio from watch is loud and clear and screen is responsive. Yes it's more expensive than other options out there and there is a subscription monthly but you get what you pay for. I highly recommend this watch. My 9 daughter loves it.

Purchased in July 2021 at JB Hi-Fi for $299.00.

Hi Steve,
Thank you for your review! We are delighted to hear that your daughter loves her Spacetalk Adventurer watch.
If you ever have an questions or queries please don't hesitate to contact us on support@spacetalkwatch.com.
Thanks, Darcy

Flora F.
Flora F.Sydney, NSW

Love the Space Talk watch!

My daughter loves her Space talk watch! Gives me peace of mind while giving her freedom to talk/text with her friends. The location function is great and she loves reaching her step goal everyday.

Purchased in June 2021 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $140.00.

SpacetalkSpacetalk

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.
Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
Alex S.
Alex S.Sydney, NSW

Finally a good working watch after 3 years of searching

Been looking for a kids watch that works well with Sim card that you choose, not with integrated Sim plans you can't change. Tried moochies, tried many eBay brands, all don't show accurate location due to 3g. Just started using it so yet to experience the full potential but one thing would be good to have in future updates if possible - return spy call feature, e.i. the app send request to the watch to call the phone without child interaction so that you can listen to your child environment when needed for example when child talks to another adult such as teacher. Some other watches had that function. Also remote power on/off feature maybe, although not as important.

Purchased in August 2021 for $339.00.

SpacetalkSpacetalk

Awesome for peace of mind with the kids

I really like the spacetalk watch, with the safety features being the best. It's great knowing that my son who has autism and anxiety is date at all times and that he can easily contact me if needed. It's simple to use and comfortable, fast charging and the extra little star rewards and features make it fun.
The only fault I've found is the sos button being so easy to accidentally activate. While it's fantastic that it's so accessible it's also a little too accessible and all the contacts on sons watch frequently get sos messages when he accidentally knocks it

Purchased in May 2021.

Leesa
Leesa

Changed our world!

Purchased in June 2021 at JB Hi-Fi for $300.00.

Sara15
Sara15Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great Peace of mind

This is great for peace of mind. Great GPS location and easy to set up. The support help desk is in Adelaide and they are is very helpful too. School mode is easy to set up and you can choose your own network. Very happy with this product.

I bought this product from Space talk website. The screens saver came with the watch but came off the next day which was dissapointing. It's pretty thick too so could be a bit better.

Happy for my son to go to the park and meet his friends knowing he can call me anytime.
Would be good to have a sleep mode along with the heart rate and fitness app like the garmin but overall pleased with the product. He has a lot more independence now.

Purchased in May 2021 at Spacetalk for $350.00.

JillCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Disappointed

Oh my. I just purchased this for my sons birthday and I’m disappointed already, as I chose the adventurer over the cheaper version, as it states you can make video calls when you read it’s specs.
Misleading and not acceptable, considering the price!!!
All these reviews state it will be added. When???
This is 2021.

Purchased in July 2021 at JB Hi-Fi.

Kids Smart Watches / Activity Trackers

This watch doesn’t have video call feature.

Really disappointed purchased this on Amazon in Uk. Just seen review from someone else regarding the video calls. Definitely misleading on adverts that the adventurer can do video calls…Not received from Amazon yet... going to have to now try and cancel order. Going to be an upset birthday girl on Monday now. Fingers crossed I can purchase one in time that has video call capability.

Purchased in June 2021 for $189.00.

SpacetalkSpacetalk

Good but disappointed with no video call

Really disappointed that you can't video call when it is stated in advertising that you can. That is literally the reason I got the adventurer instead of the cheaper version.

Purchased in June 2021.

Hi TLT,

Video calling on the Adventurer is currently unavailable, but it's something we hope to have released as a software update in the future.
- Jasmin

Nick
NickMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great watch but camera misleading

Purchased in May 2021 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $350.00.

Jo L.
Jo L.asked

Can I put my own existing active Sim in this device or does it use its own carrier? Can my child SMS me as well as call? Is there safe zones or alerts so I can be told he got to school etc?

Hi Jo,

If you're looking at the Spacetalk Adventurer, it's not locked in to a particular network, so placing your own existing SIM in the watch would work without issue.

Once the watch has an active SIM with talk, text and data, your child would be able to call you as well as SMS and MMS.

The watches do have Safe Zone alerts, so you would receive an alert on your Spacetalk app when your child leaves and enters the specified Safe Zone.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact our support team via phone on 1300 087 423 or via email at support@spacetalkwatch.com
- Spacetalk

Anthony
Anthonyasked

Hi Spacetalk, any update on when video calling is likely to be available? Thanks

SpacetalkSpacetalk

Hi Anthony, video calling is something our developers are working on at the moment and we hope to release the feature in the coming months. Keep an eye out on our social media pages for an update on when the latest features are being released! - Darcy

Yani O.
Yani O.asked

Hi,
I am wondering if anyone has used the heart rate tracker on this?
The main reason we are looking into it for our daughter is to monitor her heart rate due to a medical condition - is there a function in the app where you can receive an alert if the bpm goes over a certain level? Does the tracker run all the time or is a function that has to be on to be seen?
Any other info/feedback about that aspect of the watch would be greatly appreciated!

Daz
Daz

There is one but it means the watch has to be worn tight on the childs wrist in order to register a heart beat. My daughter finds it uncomfortable due to the odd shape of the watch..

Hi Yani,

Our heart rate monitor is only activated when heading into the fitness app on the watch to view the steps and monitoring. Data can then be seen and recorded via the app, however, there are no notifications that can be used to inform you of the bpm reaching a certain level. I am more than happy to pass this on as feedback for you!

If you would like more information, you can contact us at 1300 087 423 or email us at support@spacetalkwatch.com

Kind Regards,
Maddi

Ender
Ender

There was an app fee mentioned for ad-free experience. Does that mean that in order to use the watch/linked app you'd have to pay $6/mth?

See all Spacetalk Adventurer questions

Get an answer from our members and Spacetalk representatives

Features:

• The Spacetalk Adventurer Smart Watch has chat and call capabilities, also lets users share photos, videos, and upcoming events.
  • It doesn’t have access to social media or the open internet, so you don’t have to worry about your kids encountering inappropriate content.
  • Parental control lets you control the features your child can use via the Spacetalk mobiel app.
  • A 5MP camera lets your child capture special memories and share them with the family.
  • An advertised dust and water resistance level of IP67 means you can stress less about your kid’s games ruining the watch.
  • The watch also comes with a heart rate monitor.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the features of the Spacetalk Adventurer were easy to set up and use, including School Mode and call functions.
  • They also found that the device was quick to charge.

Something to consider:

• While some reviewers said that this smart watch was advertised as having video call capabilities, you cannot make video calls with this watch.
CategoryKids Smart Watches / Activity Trackers