SsangYong Musso

SsangYong Musso

Musso and Musso Sports

See the Best Utes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

KDRO

KDRO

By fat the Most Under rated Ute on the Market

I bought a demo Musso 2018 Model. Although it was demo it only had 20km on it.
I previously owned a Navara and Ranger.
when it comes to city driving Musso is like a luxury car compare to the other utes.
I cant comment on off road capabilities since I havent taken it out into the country yet.
I paid $30000 + GST which means it is eligible for instant asset write-off.
For 30K i got 8'screen, apple play, heated front seats, reverse and back sensors, reversing camera, dual cab, turbo diesel engine, auto, push button start, 7 year UNLIMITED kms warranty, 7 year capped price servicing, 7 year road side assist etc etc. and i am very happy with the built quality.
Anyone who is looking for a ute must look at Musso before they decide.

Purchased in June 2019 at SsangYong Dealers for $33,000.00.

Noise Level
Features
Comfort

KarlOhmSouth West, WA

Ssangyong Musso 2019 Towing

Purchased in September 2019 for $36,000.00.

Noise Level

DriveRWD

Most Under rated car on the Market

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Problems with the ABS light

My ABS light stays on,the brake pads not worn, the brake oil resevoir is at its normal level. What else could it be. I,ve now retired but find it good to drive, its ecomony is great for this size car. It has done many country runs, it does suffer from wInd noise at a higher speed

Date PurchasedJan 2007

Michael

Michael

Really Love My Musso Sports Ute.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Not an ok car for Ecuador!

Perhaps it is an Ok car , but in Ecuador it became a disaster, no parts , no experienced mechanics...
Now I urgently need a parts manual for the motor, and there is absolutely no place where to buy one, also in most of the case sI need to do repairing with adapted parts and finally it became impossible to sell, as it has an extremely low cost in the market.

Date PurchasedMay 2000

What a wonderful surprise

My old car gave up the ghost in Carnarvon, WA. I was towing an 18' Caravan, fully loaded. I decided not to fix the old car and I spotted this 2006 SsangYong Musso in a car yard, a bit over the top price wise but I had a good feeling about it so I bought it, Diesel/Gas with 160000 ks on it. Hitched up the 18' caravan behind the Musso and headed south. The Musso did not even hiccup, it cruised at 100kph with the caravan on the back and used half the fuel the old car did. I am over the moon with it and will keep it for a long long time. Only minor problem was the hills and I had to change down a gear or so, but overall it is a fantastic 4by, totally underated

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Bought an 06 with 160000kms

I find it a very comfortable ute, drives brilliant more like a car then ute, very cold air con, brilliant on diesel, very reliable, only negative was the factory tape deck which I quickly replaced with cd. Was worried when no bought as I haven't really seen many around but very pleasantly surprised.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Robert

Robert

Like Hyundai,40 years ago, nobody wants them,look at them now

I bought this car at auction,with 49 K, on the clock, is 2009 Actyon Sport top model ,it goes like brand new, no turbo lag,quiet and most of all economic 9.92lits x 100klm in the city only, you"ll be surprise the engine power. Very happy with purchase. go for it

Date PurchasedAug 2016

normhaidamous

The car is nice to drive and the econamy is good and looks nice,when I was in Western Australia l meet a young man who is working in the mines in the state l afraid him money for the car he was happy with it, I got it in my name after that.

Badgessanyong, musso
Date PurchasedJul 2012

pcraig8100Mandurah, Western Australia

Cheap and Cheerful

pcraig8100

Another fantastic holiday in the Musso, cruising at 100kph with diesel and the gas injection I pass a lot of road houses without the need to stop for fuel. Remember to buy fuel in town not on the outskirts nearly always cheaper.

johnyg68

Alan PawleyBribie Island

A Hidden Gem in the Auto World

de-valued too fast

Awesome purchase

Great multi-purpose ute - economical & spacious and I love this vehicle! Would buy one again anytime. May raise it for beach

Mrhappydog

The car is the best vehicle I have ever purchased

Patto17
Patto17

The good thing about the Musso's I found out was that they were the last of the Ssangyong's with the Mercedes motors, so they are pretty reliable.

Midnight Flash

Midnight FlashMelbourne, Victoria

Trippin'on my Musso Black Ute ;)

Hi yo all..my name is Flash..my Truck is Midnight Flash..what an awesime Ute..bought her Brand New..picked her up from the Holding Yard..glory all the way..had her a longtime now..only problem it uph7ll losers power somewhat and whenever i wash her my light globe blows..in headlight..but yo know she rocks! :) heads up! Should b put up with Merc'as a great one as she is..a KeepeR!
Everything style badges etc comfort and Econmy
Headlights blow Intermitently after washing..slow on uphill..thats all ;)

dindean

dindeanDandenong

SAD TO SEE HER GO!!!

John Mcewanasked

My Sanyong Musso drive shaft came off and broke the transfer case , so CE the new one has been fitted there is a problem with the gearbox not chaing gear, but I notice there is a brown wire Ben cut off or broken off on the back of the transfer box. Does any one have any ideas, thanks

KarlOhm

Not knowing what model (year) your Musso is makes it challenging to respond to the inquiry. It might be a good idea to place such questions into the the following forum where is get far more exposure: https://www.mycarforum.com/forums/topic/2677849-ssangyong-musso-double-cab/

Good luck

Thank you. It is a 2001 six cylinder 4x4 wagon, automatic

John M.

John M.asked

Daewoo Musso 2001 auto gear and filter was filthy, changed filter and oil and it won't change out of first gear, any idea what it could be, thanks

I am sorry but I do not know a Daewoo Musso 2001

Bob

Bobasked

Musso Sports

How easy to replace glow plugs on 2005 2.9 turbo musso sports

KarlOhm

Am sorry but I am not really sure I am not a mechanical professional. In addition my SsangYong Musso is only a couple of month old hens has not required any spark plugs. I did have spark plugs changed on the SsangYong Korando but I took it into the workshop as it was too complex to remove peripherals to get the spark plugs out. It was not too expensive and I think I paid about $280 all up.
Sorry I couldn't be of any further assistance.

Get an answer from our members and SsangYong representatives

SsongYong Musso ELX

SsangYog Musso Sports

CategoryUtesUtesUtes
Starting Price $32,990$35,990
TransmissionAutomaticAutomatic
Drive TypeFour Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)
Fuel TypeDieselDiesel
Max Power133kW @ 4000rpm133kW @ 4000rpm
Max Torque420Nm @ 1400-2800rpm420Nm @ 1400-2800rpm
Country of ManufactureKoreaKorea
Safety Features
  • AEB (Auto Emergency Braking)
  • Blindspot Warning System
  • Lane Assist
  • Tyre Pressure Monitor
  • AEB (Auto Emergency Braking)
  • Blindspot Warning System
Maximum Towing Capacity (unbraked)750 kg750 kg
Maximum Towing Capacity (braked)3,500 kg3,500 kg
Ground Clearance215 mm215 mm
Maximum Payload790790
Manufacturer Warranty7 year(s)7 year(s)
Release dateApr 2019Apr 2019Mar 2004