Toyota HiLux

MK7.III, MK7.I, MK6, etc... (See All)
See the Best Utes in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Toyota

• Comfort
  • Features

westieboy
westieboyauck

You can't beat a toyota !!!

Purchased in for $39,000.

Shane
ShaneSydney, NSW

Should have listened to dad!

After owning a 2021 workmate, I decided to upgrade to the 2022 Hilux duel cab 4x4 so I could ferry the family around. I cannot fault this car mechanically, it’s powerful, quiet and returns 8.5lt/100km. The only negatives are the internal finishings scratch way too easily, the rides a bit rough without weight and the turning circle is terrible. All are small trade offs for just how good everything else is! 9.5/10 car for us.

Purchased in at Toyota Dealers for $59,000.

Ali A.
Ali A.Sydney, NSW

The fuel consumption is really bad

I bought a brand new Hilux 2.7 petrol 2022. I fit a full-size canopy on the back of the tray. I've been able to Only Drive 350 kilometers with one full tank of around 60 liters. I went to Toyota and I said to them your car has faulty but they said because of the canopy your fuel consumption jumped higher. Before I decided to buy this car I check the specification and it said an average of 9.8L to 11.8L per 100 kilometers. The reality was over 16L per 100 kilometers. I sold my car straight away.

Purchased in for $30,000.

HGB
HGB

Not such a great work ute.

Work ute for trady to carry tools and parts from base to work sites. This ute is used 5 days a week traveling aprox 120 kms per day. My company purchased the car in April this year brand new so it has only had its complementary service so far. We will have it serviced as per log book.
The driver noted that the hand brake warning alarm sounds regularly as the zipped fabric cover on the base of the handbrake holds the leaver up a little so it does not disengage the alarm. The gear box is clunky between gears, and the motor very thirsty.

Purchased in at Scarboro Toyota for $28,500.

Andrew M
Andrew MCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Manual Gearbox + Tub = Fuel Efficiency

Comparing my current 2021 2.8L Workmate 4x4 manual with the previous 2019 2.4L automatic I had. Auto model had aluminium tray and I never saw less than 12L/100km....14L/100km was the norm. My current Workmate regularly returns 8.4 to 8.9L/100km with the worst being 10.1L/100km. I put the difference down to the manual gearbox and the tub body....oh, and having tyres to 40psi makes a markedly difference in bringing the fuel efficiency towards the 8.4L/100km figure.

2019 work mate ute

Hi all 4x2 work mate owners as a lot know it’s bumpy as it is a work horse, thinking of changing seats putting rav4 or something similar what do people think, and the reason for this is I do long drives and back problems, would like to hear peoples feed back please

Purchased in for $29,000.

Upset
UpsetSydney Surrounds, NSW

Toyota FAIL - give the 2021 Rogue a miss

Purchased for $82,000.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales

Best ute hands down

Purchased for $55,000.

Clark Kent
Clark KentSouth East Queensland, QLD

Crude slow, noisy device with poor brakes

I have had to drive a Toyota Hilux ute for approx 3 years in my job and is driven daily. Brakes are very average and the rotors tend to warp very readily. In the wet it is lethal and very tail happy around corners. The performance is OK for a ute but very noisy. The suspension is very rough and has very average ride compliance. Has been reliable in a noisy, hard riding poorly braked ute kind of way. If you are ignorant of modern sedan/ SUV standards of performance, ride and handling you might be quite happy. One eyed Toyota fans in a vacuum of comparative information might like it Yes it is still performing ok with 279,000km on it, I do not like driving it plus it has that cheap plastic Toyota smell.

Purchased in for $29,500.

John G.
John G.Hunter Region, NSW

deadly in the wet

t00dles
t00dlesQLD, 4000

I’m not excited

Purchased this car brand new in 2021. The most obvious let down to me is the cheap plastic that gets scratched! I thought spending $50k on a car would get me a good quality interior but I was very wrong. The car drives ok but the turning circle is really bad. This was supposed to be my dream car but I’m not excited to have it and to have paid $50k cash for it.

A great, honest ute.

I have a 2017 SR5 4x4.
It now has 165,000 kms on the clock and has been trouble free so far. Have been up to date with all services. The only reason I gave it 4 instead of 5 stars is because it lacks a little bit of power. I probably should have got a tune early on. That just me being picky though. Other than that it goes great off and on road.

NeilC
NeilCIllawarra, NSW

2021 Workmate, single cab.

I agree pretty much with what JohnB wrote. Just returned from a trip to Canberra back to the Shoalhaven. Went via the Hume Hwy. This is the first long trip I have done in this car. Very unimpressed with the auto gearbox. The thing has no idea what it’s doing. Fuel consumption woeful. And as for traction, it was raining when we left Nowra and going up the mountain roads was a real experience. Had to be very careful not to loose it on steep grades and hair pin bends. Was actually a bit better coming down.
I’ll just have to learn to live with this car. It is a second car and won’t get a lot of work and won’t be doing a lot of long distance driving. So for that reason I’ll most likely be able to live with it. And also no INTERMITTENT WIPERS!!!

Purchased in .

Worst value car I ever had

Purchased in for $39,998.

Steve
SteveSydney, NSW

Warning Do not buy this pile of junk

This is a warning , Toyota has failed big time with the dpf, I am a long time owner of mostly Toyota because they are the best of the worst , I purchased a 2017 Hilux 2.8 high rider with 150 thou kms from Toyota dealer dpf failed first day I give it back and went back to a 2010 sr5 3ltr d4d just a better car all round it just blows me away

Purchased for $30,000.