3.0

50% · 22 · 50%

Sophie4 posts
  DHF13

Not fit for purpose

After installation of Stiebel Eltron DHF13, had to remove kitchen tap diffusers to enable water to run hot enough.
The IHW unit can't manage to provide even temperature of water for shower - too hot or too cold. Stiebel Eltron 1st suggested changing from hand-held shower to wall-mounted shower to overcome problem, which was unsuccessful. They then suggested getting their Service Rep to come out and fit their other model - DEL 13, however couldn't guarantee that this would rectify things!
You have to wonder if this isn't some wort of scam. Has anyone else had similar issues?
Lizzy
LizzySydney4 posts
  DHF15

Pretty good

Don't want to have a huge water heater at my place and received some compliments on this brand that why I bought it. So far so good. The best thing I like about it is that it heats up water fast, and I don't hear any of the clicking heating noise that happens with my other big water tank heater.

Show details

Joanne H
Joanne HSydney, NSW9 posts
  DHF15

Told I have to replace and it's less than 6 Years Old?!

This hot water heater has an issue with a part and Ive been advised that its cheaper to buy a new unit (approx ($1300 installed) than repair it. As its less than 6 years old this is very disappointing, especially when the warranty is only for 5 years! Not great!

Show details

Super Ash
Super AshNSW, 248320 posts
  DHF13

Good Water Heater

I have installed many of these water heaters, I remember when they arrived on the Sydney market years ago and they sell really easy, You can have a water saver shower head in the bathroom and it shouldn't cause back pressure if does remove the restrictor in the rose. They fit in tight cupboards or laundry walls and have one of the best flow valves I have ever seen. I have only serviced 3 in ten years, it was never the element and like I said I've installed lots of them. Very good water heater I recommend purchasing one.
Two stage contator, great feature.

henrik04
henrik04 · Instantaneous 3 Phase DHF13

Stiebel Eltron DHF13 (3 phases)

Does this unit consume electricity when very small amount of water flows?
Water gets warm only when a large flow of water is demanded.
Thank you in advance.
Henri.

Sophie · DHF Instantaneous 3 Phase

Stiebel Eltron DHF 13 installed (March 2021) in 2 bdrm unit, only 1 person living there and no internal laundry, however, it's impossible to take a shower with a consistent water temp. It's either scalding (51C) or drops to a tepid 34C, after tweaking on the cold tap. Stiebel advised changing from a handheld shower to a wall mounted unit, which has made no difference. The service guy from Stiebel says I might need a 'commissioned pressure switch' installed within the unit. If I'd have known this was going to be an issue, I'd have stayed with the original hot water storage system. Does anyone have any suggestions what I should do????? Regards, Sophie

Hi Sophie
I've just had one installed and have the same problem as you.

Anne S.
Anne S. · DHF Instantaneous 3 Phase

My Three Phase unit will not start up producing hot water till I turn the power switch to off and then On . Then it works perfect ? What is the problem ?