1.9

Appalling customer 'service'

Rui

RuiFar North Queensland, QLD

Employee using broken English to talk to me

I was at Strandbags Stocklands on Sunday 28 of March and Deborah spoke in broken English while talking to me. Frankly I found this extremely rude and offensive as I am a fluent English speaker but even if I wasn’t, it’s racist. Please train your workers better or take action against them to punish them.

Monica W.

Monica W.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Bad customer service

I was looking handbags at Strandbags Kilkenny. Before I came to the store I was searching on Strandbags website. I was searching for Marikai and Laura Jones
She was looking for stock and find around the store. I was look the guess handbags, I pick and have a look inside, and the arrogan lady said, that guess handbags that not what you looking for..
If I want, I can buy that guess handbags and the one I was search on website but Looking the arrogant customers service I refused to buy 2, only 1 I bought.

Claiming third party

Came to the Penrith store, my wife’s bag was faulty. The zíper wouldn’t work and they claimed it was third party, saying that my wife didn’t know what she was doing. Saying it was her fault, that she zipped it wrong. They refused to exchange or refund. Never buying at Strandbags again.

Exceeded expectation!

im disgusted

went here disgusting worker behaviour workers were invading personal space and giving death stares after entering more then once i felt uncomfortable they called security on 11 year old girls bc we couldn’t find a bag we want in them time suited for them if u don’t t want people coming in ur shop more then twice put a huge sign up. Unbelievable!!! Don’t be a store at all if u are not ready for people to browse through ur bags. cant believe they called security as if 11 year olds were gonna steal from ur store pft pathetic

missy drysdale

missy drysdaleGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Awful, Bad Place to work!

Staff were really nice, but managers and regional managers are the worst! You are only a number, there is much bullying and expected to do so much after hours cleaning up and tidying store for the next day. This company owes me about 6 weeks pay due to all the extra hours in the shop preparing. Do not work here!

Susi

Susi

Poor quality, useless warranty, unhelpful staff member

Bought a new suitcase, Flylite brand and after a month the logo on the outside came off leaving two holes.
I went back to the store who looked at it and said it was damaged due to the treatment it had suffered by the airline baggage handlers, so the warranty did not apply.
After 6 weeks? After 6 times of use?
What’s the point of a warranty?
It should stand up to normal conditions.
I won’t be back...

Nic G.

Nic G.South East Queensland, QLD

Runaway Bay

rovenskyanna

rovenskyanna

My genuine leather imported Colorado bag -made in India. The inner base curled up into a roll.The rest is holding up ok.

I removed the inner plastic base myself & binned it. It was useless. It is now usable again. It's adjustable shoulder straps beneath the buckle have also curled up. It can still be used.

Shell

ShellSouth East Queensland, QLD

Friendly Helpful Staff!!

I’ve been to different strandbags and all of them have really friendly helpful staff!! This is the main reason i come to this store to buy my bags. The only reason i give it a four star is the lack of space. It’s hard to push trolley through the store as most of them are quite cramped.

Fly lite case

Hi there
I purchased a carry on fly lite hardcase several years ago at strands for bags in Auckland.
The clip that is connected to the zipper has broken away and the small top handle broke off the top when I lifted it.
I finally found the original receipt and took it to one of their stores only to be told it is wear and tear and that I will have to take it myself to be repaired .
This is covered by a 15 yr warranty.
The case is in perfect condition bar those 2 faults.
(Not happy with the that decision ,as a loyal customer)

Store LocationAuckland NZ
Erryn M.

Erryn M.Goulburn Valley, VIC

Great retail experience

Fantastic customer service and a great range. Click and collect processed promptly and items come well packaged to prevent damage. Certainly shop here in future. Staff are friendly and helpful

Wrecked my clothes

The flylite backpack recommended to me as a female had an airflow patch on the back. This rubbed at my brand new clothes and has destroyed a dress and a top before I realised. Disappointed in Strandbag complaints area. As they have 'previously not had any issues with the bag' they are unwilling to review my complaint in it's entirety. I'm not expecting a full refund of the clothes however a small offering recognising the error in product design would've gone a long way. Frankly I found them condescending and rude. You've lost another customer Strandbags. I suggest you review the service from your complaints team.

yuki

yukiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor quality and poor customer care

• +1Thumbnail

Anne

Anne

Pointless 'Warranty' on Strandbag's Lanza range of travel bags

So annoyed, I bought a Lanza travel bag from Strandbags in Mandurah W.A. - after 2 x uses the fabric has holes in it - 'NO' I haven't dragged it across gravel, as the rude assistant in Halls Head store said I had - paying more for 'supposedly' better quality with a 10 year guarantee is a JOKE strandbags -

Gertrude M.

Gertrude M.Perth, WA

Fantastic customer service

I was served by a lovely young lady by the of Julia at Gateways Cockburn store last week, She was so helpful in helping me purchase luggage , its nice to see young people that still have a good customer service, and a welcoming smile .

Aninka

AninkaMelbourne

Customer service is good

I've been a strandbag's customer for the last 3 years. First I bought a luggage and received a card. After that, I've received good promotions, including $50 vouchers that I bought other luggage and bags. The product quality is good and customer service is good at every store I visited in Melbourne.

Anna D.

Anna D.

Bad product

So disappointed.. I’ve purchased 2 Colorado leather products from Strandbags in the last 18 months and both have broken.
I took one back and they couldn’t help me over 12 months “unfortunately “. I don’t think the zip tabs on a purse should ever fall off let alone both of them. It should be a lifetime use.. I’ve never had that happen before in all my years of buying purses. And now my few months old handbag’s strap has broken thanks to the hardware. I strongly advise against buying Colorado and shopping at Strandbags .

Trev

Trev

Be ready to go to the shady side of purchase in Winston Hills Strand bags. Put tags with 40% off and marked down ....

I chose bag saw discounted price told that there was an error and that strandbags legally do not have to honor mistake with displayed price. No matter who made " error"

amar

amarasked

Strandbags Retail Store

I purchased a mid sized flylite bag with 15 year warranty just 10 days ago and one of the wheels has fallen off already. Thus was very very inconvenient and absolutely irritating as I struggled to wheel the bag around during my travel. What are my options? I have the receipts and documents. I have no confidence in this bag anymore. Thanks

K.A.M
K.A.M

If you still have the receipt take it back to your store. They will assess if it was airline damage or a faulty item. 9 times out of 10. They can exchange the suitcase.... personally upgrade to an American Touister brand as they are made by Samsonite. 10 yr GLOBAL WARRANTY. If anything was to go wrong with your luggage while overseas (provided it wasn’t airline.... I will explain what to do in a minute), you find a SAMSONITE dealer whilst you’re there. ( pack your receipt with you or photocopy it). They fix, repair or exchange whilst you are overseas....
WHEN ANYONE is at the airport with their luggage...CRUCIAL THAT YOU FOLLOW THESE STEPS
1. VIDEO YOUR LUGGAGE, BRING YOUR EXTENSION HANDLE UP AND DOWN WITH YOURSELF TALKING AND EXPLAINING THAT THE HANDLE IS IN “PERFECT CONDITION AND WORKS PERFECTLY”
2. HAVE YOUR SUITCASES ON THEIR SIDE SO YOU CAN SEE ALL FOUR WHEELS OR DUAL WH EELS (8), MOVE THEM IN CLOCKWISE AND ANTI-CLOCKWISE MOTIONS. AGAIN VERBALLY STATING THAT “ALL”.... EMPHASIS ON “ALL” ARE WORKING PERFECTLY, NO SCUFFING ON BACK WHEEL ATTACHMENTS.
3. SUITCASE ZIPPERS... (YES SOME TOGGLES ...THE CLIPS THAT GO INTO THE LOCKING MECHANISM.. CAN SNAP). VIDEO THIS AS WELL AGAIN BE VERBAL AND CLEAR IN YOUR SPEECH. YES THEY ARE IN PERFECT CONDITION. ETC.
Do this PRIOR to boarding any mode of transport... airport, cruise, train etc. it gives YOU a personal timeline from when you’ve checked in..... to when you collect your luggage at the other end of your journey. When recollect your luggage, do it all over again following steps 1 to 3. Anything that wasn’t there before..... you now have PROOF OF AIRLINE DAMAGE and your personal travel insurance will cover the cost and the airline WILL HAVE TO REIMBURSE YOU. I hope this helped you or someone. HAPPY TRAVELS AND SAFE FUTURE JOURNEY. Remember always to create beautiful memories and live life.... don’t just exist in it.
KIND REGARDS

Lesley

Lesleyasked

Strandbags Retail Store

I purchased the Flylite 3 in 1 Comfort Travel Set. I am trying to blow up the travel pillow to make sure it works & i'm having trouble trying to even start. Do i have to pierce the tube to get started?