Sudafed PE Sinus Allergy & Pain Relief

Sudafed PE Sinus Allergy & Pain Relief

See the Best Antihistamines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Get the real thing instead.

Caught a bad cold from my little violin student. Hit me hard with sinus. I took the Clarityne D , worked great. But it was my last one. I ran out of it, and asked the chemist fir some. Chemist said to get Sudafed pe instead, saying the stuff that had been working for me was a stimulant and they would not carry it anymore. She Swore this was better. My experience with this Sudafed pe stuff after a few doses: splitting headache, exhaustion (but with restless sleep), waterfall from my nostrils. I’m headed back to a different chemist who won’t sell me snake oil.

Purchased in June 2019.

Side Effects Mild side effects
Symptom ReliefFelt Worse
Symptoms RelievedNone Relieved
Used for: Isolated Symptoms

Rubbish dont waste money get chemist to advise on best option

This product does nothing, zero..except some side effects which can be more irritating than the actual allergy hay fever. With Melbourne experiencing the worst hayfever season ever dont waste your money on this rubbish. Hasnt done a thing, not even partial relief.

absolute rubbish

First time user of any medication for a blocked nose. Usually I just put up with it. After 2 nights of no sleep I though sudafed, that's suppose to work. Went to coles shelled out $15 or whatever, went home noticed on box in tiny letters "contains no pseudoefadrine", started thinking I've been ripped off, Popped 'em anyway over the next 6 hours and proved my suspicions. This is rubbish and does absolutely nothing.
Sudafed PE, Pathetic.

Only use the original chemist issued one

I've tried both the PE version and the original. Firstly this PE one that you buy anywhere - useless. May as well take a couple of M&M's and hope for the best! But then there is the original one that you buy from the Chemist and show your ID and they record your purchase on some sort of register. That product is actually great if you have a blocked nose. I recommend it to anyone who does because it works so well for me. It allows me to get a good nights sleep and I think prevents a long term blocked nose becoming a sinus infection.

Completely useless!

Utterly useless against a blocked nose. Even when I took three tablets at once I noticed no improvement. None. This product needs to be removed from the shelves, it's a ripoff.

Ripped off

Purchased over the counter at a pharmacy with a drivers license required ID. This would have to be the worst sinus medication I've ever taken does absolutely nothing, no pain relief and my nose got even runnier. Feeling absolutely ripped off!

This does nothing

I don't notice any relief after taking this product. I've tried it a few times as I don't treat this stuff often and don't really know what to buy but I know this does nothing for relief of pain or allergies.

Useless

Don't waste your money on this rubbish. phenylephrine is the key ingredient in this product and it does absolutely nothing at all. You're better off handing over your drivers license and getting the good stuff with pseudoephedrine.

rubbish

Sudafed contains PE. PE is short for something, psuedo echo or phenyil ephadrine....your guess... But its not 10% as active as pseudo ephedrine, which is the active ingredient of sudafed original.

I had a major nasal cavity blockage and asked my wife to buy some tried and proven sudafed. The SUDA by the way is a play on the word psuedo, pertaining to the original active ingredient pseudoephedrine. Quick, by the way, this version does not contain! Its now phenyl ephrine. Yes Phenyl. So it should be called FENFED to avoid confusion. Long story short, it did squat fiddly, beside putting my wife out, emptying her purse of $$ which we work for and wasting my time on a product that has No noticeable effect.
Its like buying a plastic toy banana with a Ferrari badge on it. It might be a Ferrari, but its still just a plastic banana.

...if you want something as useless as a toy banana, buy sudafed PE. Otherwise I reecomend the aggravation of handing over your identity card and buying sudafed original with PSUEDO EPHEDRINE.

But the originalIt works! ... Not this PE rubbish

Absolute waste of money

Why even one star its absolutely horrid - does absolutely nothing at all , i actually think walking into a wall would create more relief than these tablets.

Psuedofed PE?

What is this? I don't even. Phenylphrine does squat to my nose runs. I might as well suck on sugar instead.

The number of times I've had to go over the prescription to ask for the REAL Psuedophedrine sudafed and they look at me like im bad

Works well!! for Chronic Sinus Allergy Sufferers

I have been suffering chronic sinus and allergy for months, antibiotics was not working - I tried this and got relief in a matter of hours - It relieves inflammation , not only in your head and nose but also in your ears. - That blocked feeling in my ears was simply inflammation as well. Using for 2-3 days works great.
Worked fast clears my ears as well as my nose.
nothing really - sudafed's psuedo version may work quicker but with more side effects - This PE version works fine.

virtually useless since the change in formulation.

Sudafed used to be a trusted reliable product containing psuedoephedrine, unfortunately clandestine drug labs would go pharmacy shopping and buy up big to make speed and exstacy tablets. to combat illegal drug manufacture,the law changed and Sudafed became a prescription only medicine. Sudafed sales dropped and for this reason Sudafed changed its formulation to use Phenylephrine Hydrocloride, to once again become an over the counter medicine.
the color of the pack is pretty
not effective, literally no effect on blocked sinuses does not perform at all. i used a menthol eucalyptus lozenge which cleared my sinuses better....a lollie for crying out loud!!!

I soooo agree with the above reviews - don`t waste you money and it is totally useless. Sadly the shelves in the pharmacy`s are full of it. Bring back sinutab - which mysteriously seems to have disappeared. Switched my son over to codral cold & flu and noticed an immediate improvement. Never again will i waste my hard earned money on sudafed pe.Totally useless, company should be sued by trading standards for false advertising!!! Ask for the original or nothing

DONT WASTE YOUR HARD EARNED!

I've waited some five months now to write a review of a product that was so bad, it would take this title. The title's been here in my head for some time. Though it isn't a particularly awe-inspiring title, I just knew that some product would inevitably come into my life that would be so perplexing and impotent.

I am currently suffering from a big, bad monster of a flu that has robbed me of what could have been 4 glorious days. Spring is just around the corner. Everyone in my life is doing relatively well. Work is busy, but I had 2 of these days slated to work from home and I love working from home. I get more done from home.

Instead, I've been alternately complaining about my symptoms, sleeping, and hitting F5 on product review pages. It's ridiculous.

I desperately wanted this product to work. I shelled out $9.99 at the chemist warehouse for it and wanted relief so badly that I'm shocked that there wasn't even a placebo effect. The sad truth is that Sudafed PE Maximum Strength Nasal Decongestant did not alleviate even one single solitary symptom.

The Symptoms
Eyes so watery I look like I'm constantly crying, weird tongue film, body aches and energy depletion so severe I spent a full 20 hours in bed getting up only to eat for the first time in 2 days and check the ratings on my last review, chills that compromised my usual 97% typing accuracy, fever that lasted for 2 days, and an overall "look" of death that caused everyone in my house to look at me and simply shudder at least two or three times.

So it's bad. But now that it's day 4 or 5, the most frustrating part about it is the congestion. My nose is red and raw from blowing it and my head really, really hurts. I didn't expect this medicine to take away any of my symptoms except for the two it says it can alleviate.

These are:
Nasal & Sinus Congestion, and
Sinus Pressure

That's it. That's all I had hoped for.

The Product
First of all, let me just say that some Sudafed products have been repackaged to include a "PE" at the end of the Sudafed brand name.

According to the box, "Only the Sudafed PE brand name on your purchase assures that this product was made with the highest quality standards. Pfizer is committed to excellence and stands behind every box of Sudafed PE you buy."

Well, I hope that someone at Pfizer takes the time to peruse product review.com because this stuff did absolutely nothing for me. It was a waste of $9.99. The "New Formula" basically does not contain pseudoephedrine, so basically it's like buying sudafed-less Sudafed. Apparently, the idiots running crystal meth labs have ruined it for the rest of us, and in order to keep a Sudafed product available over-the-counter they have to remove the only one effective active ingredient.

The only positive to this product is that the pills are small and easy to swallow, but that won't earn this product a star in my book because they still aren't worth swallowing.

What They Say
Illegal laboratory conversion of a sinus and cold medication ingredient into methamphetamine has become a major worldwide concern. Pseudoephedrine, the active ingredient in Sudafed, has become a widely used ingredient in this process.

As a responsible corporate citizen, we at Pfizer have been working in partnership with government, law enforcement and retailers to address the issue of continued consumer access to effective cold and sinus medicines.

That’s why we've reformulated a new Pseudoephedrine-free line of decongestants called Sudafed PE, which will be sold together with the original Sudafed line. Like original Sudafed, Sudafed PE relieves your tough nasal and sinus congestion, and Sudafed PE contains the active ingredient Phenylephrine, which cannot be used to make methamphetamine.

I'm thrilled that the good people at Sudafed are interested in corporate citizenship, but I wish they hadn't forgotten about relieving cold symptoms. The active ingredient in this stuff is called phenylephrine HCI, which works by actually shrinking blood vessels (veins and arteries). According to drugs.com, constriction of blood vessels in the sinuses, nose, and chest allows drainage of these areas, which decreases congestion. Maybe my blood vessels are so incredibly huge right now that a small amount of constriction doesn't do much for sinus pain relief.

In any case, I've tried it twice to no avail and I'm not the type of person to double up doses just to see what happens. I'm just going to do my part and let you know that this product was completely ineffective for me.

Ingredients
Phenylephrine HCI in each Tablet(10 mg), Acesulfame Potassium, Candelilla Wax, Colloidal Silicon Dioxide, Crospovidone, FD&C Red No. 40 Aluminum Lake, FD&C Yellow No. 6 Aluminum Lake, Hypromellose , Magnesium Stearate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Polydextrose, Polyethylene Glycol, Pregelatinized Starch, Stearic Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Triacetin

Yada, Yada, Yada
Ask a doctor before use if you have heart disease, high blood pressure, thyroid disease, diabetes, trouble, urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland. When using this product do not use more than directed. This product protected with sealed blister units (which aren't that hard for kids to open, so keep out of reach of kids). Do not use if any are torn or broken. Do not use if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor - MAOI - certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease, or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.

It just seems like Sudafed had to come up with something quickly so that they'd have a strong "over-the-counter" presence . I feel like they hurried to come up with a product that doesn't do its job.

I hope this review has helped you to cross one more option off your list the next time you have a bear of a cold or flu.
Now I'm going back to bed.
if its performance is anything to go by, chances are it wont have any side effects.
it doesnt have any effects whatsowever!