Sunbeam Classic Banquet FP5910

2.2

Russell

RussellGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Sunbeam FP 5910 fry pan Not a good product

I've only had this for a while and used about 15 times and non stick surface is failing i have looked after it but it's not very good compared to the Breville I had for six years or so tonight I wont need to wash it cause it's going in the bin tomorrow would not recommend this pan

Purchased in December 2019 for A$70.00.

dannalCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Great........for 3 months

These are great frying pans. However, if used 2-3 times per week it will barely last 3 months before the non-stick surface begins to break down. This is a health concern, ruins food and causes hot spots which makes oils and fats pop/explode which is dangerous. I just wish they could produce a frying pan with a decent life to save us money buying a new one 2-3 times a year. That is unless that's their aim - good business sense I suppose :-/

Purchased in October 2018 at Target Australia for A$69.00.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi dannal, sorry to hear this. Your pan comes with a 1 year warranty so please return to store.

Shellby

ShellbyMid North Coast, NSW

Useful for the tasks I found I can use it for

Purchased in July 2008 at Target Australia.

Hi Shellby,
Thank you for your tips. and great review! Enjoy for many years to come. Kind Regards,

Electric Skillets and Woks

Find out how Sunbeam Classic Banquet FP5910 compares to other Electric Skillets and Woks

I fixed the themostat!

Like most other people who are reviewing this product I found the temperature control frustrating. It's so stupid that it makes the product useless. It's sensor keeps turning off the heat - so try cooking steak or pancakes or even an egg with it. HOWEVER. I found a solution which some other people may be able to do too. I grabbed my old frypan which I was just about to give to the op shop and tried the power cord from that. It fitted and now works fine! Problem solved. There are heaps of these things at charity shops, maybe you will find the same brand and do the same. Otherwise, ask sunbeam to send one. Also I found the fumes that came off this pan when I first turned it on were rather yuk. They have gone now!

Purchased in June 2019.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi wally, I would not recommend to use another power cord. The thermostat is to keep the frypan at a certain temperature and not keep rising. You will find this in most frypans.

wally
wally

Becsta80South East Queensland, QLD

Lifesaver since I blew up the stove!

Bought recently from Big W as our stove blew up, we bought the double option to get the skillet pan for an extra $10 in the pack.
Skillet - cooked up chicken in no time, and actually cooks SO much better than my stove!
Electric Frypan - used to cook THE best pork crackling I have ever cooked in my life.
Both units are being used in replacement of our stove and oven. So far it has been easy to use, once you know the heat setting for each dial it’s easy to work out and cook at the correct temperature.
The non stick coating is amazing and makes it incredibly easy to clean.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the great review Becsta80. Please keep an eye on our Facebook page for some great recipes and top tips in the kitchen!!

Becsta80

Ooohh I will go and check it out! Thank you so much for replying

Barry

BarrySydney

Without a doubt the most useless cooking appliance ever made

You cannot cook ANY type of dish with this peice of junk. The temperature dial is meaningless as it's either well overheating the food or has shut off for a good few minutes while it cools down, essentially not cooking at all. I'm sure you could get it to work if you flicked the temperature controller back and forth constantly for a more consistent heating.

Forget about simmering, what is that???

Build quality poor, rubber feet falling off all the time.

Maybe you can cook toast in this, but a toaster would do it much better

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Danielle Larsen

Danielle LarsenEl Arish

A little disappointed

Works well, non-stick surface is good. The big let down for me is that the temperature switches off during max heat, unlike my previous electric fry pan which when turned to max would not shut off during cooking. Because of this it's not really the best for things like steaks (unless you don't mind your steak well done) or stir fry's etc, which is what I like using it mostly. If this is not a problem for you, then it's a decent product otherwise if you're like me, I wouldn't recommend it.

Gwen

GwenDarling Downs, QLD

Disgusted with the performance of the Sunbeam Classic Banquet Frypan

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Simmer!!

This appliance is a joke! How on earth do you get it to simmer? It either boils or does nothing.
Do not purchase this item if you enjoy quality cooked food. Absolutely waste of money I will not buy Sunbeam again. Or recommend it to anyone. The Generic Customer Service replies are a clear indication of this company and quality.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Ann

Ann

The thermostat either burns the food, or stops the heat flow.

The new surface, and the shape, are both great. However, the heat range is terrible. It's either going full bore, or it stops. Sauces burn, and other things won't simmer at a consistent heat. You have to stand there and supervise it constantly.It spits fat/oil everywhere because of the above I just sold mine at a garage sale

Date PurchasedApr 2017
lenoregrunsell

lenoregrunsellTurramurra North

The thermostat either burns the food, or stops the heat flow.

I threw away my trusty old "classic" Sunbeam after approximately 20 years, and bought this. The new surface, and the shape, are both great. However, the heat range is terrible. It's either going full bore, or it stops. Sauces burn, and other things won't simmer at a consistent heat. You have to stand there and supervise it constantly. I complained to Sunbeam, and they said "Take it back for a new one." But will it be the same? From other reviews I suspect it will. I notice they have "discontinued" this particular heat controller. Fair Go, Sunbeam. Your highly valued reputation is going down the tube. I need you to supply a quality product.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Non Stick Surface Sticks

We have used this frying pan maybe once a month and no matter what we cook, the food sticks. We have not experienced the non-stick surface peeling off, it looks fine, but from eggs to pancakes, everything sticks. A real piece of junk. Our old Sunbeam frying pan was probably 20 years old and cooked better than this one.

Date PurchasedDec 2007

Sunbeam Banquet

Bloody "on" again "off" again heating drives me crazy. Why can't you stick to tried and true methods of heat control and make these products the way they were originally! At least they were a trusty kitchen applicance used most days! If I want HOT I want HOT! If I want "MEDIUM" I want "MEDIUM" If I want "SIMMER" I want "SIMMER". I want a electric frypan that cooks the way I want to cook! So much that can't be cooked in these frypans anymore!!!! I know how to control my own "HEAT" thank you very much! Obviously not designed by anyone who uses them! It's all raging splattering heat or stewing! YUK!

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Ken P

Ken PLaunceston, TAS

A sad reflection on a once quality company

Date PurchasedJul 2015

ShaunlBunbury

Cheap and nasty

While the appearance of the appliance leads you to believe its a quality item, day to day use is a different matter. The base is too thin and the thermostat is frustrating. It heats up in a ring directly above the element and the heat doesn't spread over the surface of the pan. Just as you think your getting enough heat, it turns off, cools back down then switches on again. Have never attempted to cook on anything other than maximum temperature as it just doesn't get hot enough. The non stick surface is adequate but probably wouldn't handle high heat anyway. Spend more money on a thicker base pan or buy a cheap knock off- which would probably work as good as this item.

Mrs Christo

Mrs Christo

Non-stick coating disasterous

I bought this product three months ago. With a house full of boys to feed, I cook a lot and have used it at least every second day. But even being as vigilant as I am with only using wood or silicone utensils, always washing the pan immediately with soapy water and a nylon brush... The non-stick coating started to peel within two months of owning it. Our last cheap as chips electric frying pan lasted five or six years with zero damage to the coating and we only had to replace it because the element burnt out in it. Very disappointed.

SLC2283

SLC2283Hunter Region, NSW

Works well, but be careful of electrical issues with the cord

MacDonald

MacDonaldPerth, WA

Poor quality: should be ashamed to produce

Very dissappointing

I have always bought sunbeam products as have been reliable in the past... we were given a sunbeam frypan as a wedding present 21 years ago....unfortunately 4 years ago it died and we thought we would buy another one as it had lasted so long.....never again will I buy from sunbeam.....we have had 3 in the last 3 years and conveniently the non stick coating starts to peel after the warranty expires.... we followed all instructions as explained in the book.....interestingly I have complained to work mates and they had or someone they new had the same experience...someone had brought 4 and they too will never buy sunbeam again

Fliss

FlissSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very poor

Not only does this frypan have the problem that many others have complained about - burns at a very low setting, etc., when I phoned Sunbeam Customer Support to ask for advice I was told it must be a problem with the element in the actual frypan - which can not be repaired. I thanked the representative & explained that I had lost confidence with the frypan & would probably be buying a Brevile. He said 'that's fine' & hung up. Very poor response. :(