Sunbeam Classic Skillet SK4200P

Sunbeam Classic Skillet SK4200P

MPN: SK4200P

CincinLismore

Awesome. Just awesome.

Purchased in November 2019 at Betta Home Living for $49.00.

Customer CareSunbeam

Hello Cincin,
We're so glad to hear that Sunbeam has helped you lead a HAPPIER & Healthier Life!
The meals look delicious!
I hope it brings you so many more great meals!

bundybandito

bundybanditoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Owned and used regularly for 5 years

Purchased in June 2014 at Gift.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi bundybandito, thank you for your great review, sounds like you were lucky!

MarilynTauranga

- the kind folk at sunbeam offered me a new one or refund!

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks Marilyn!!

Electric Skillets and Woks

Find out how Sunbeam Classic Skillet SK4200P compares to other Electric Skillets and Woks

min40fc

min40fcPerth, WA

Good starter appliance for growing kids

Date PurchasedOct 2018
nana

nanaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Classic cooking

The classic skillet does everything you've come to expect from sunbeam products .it distributes the heat evenly .no burnt edges ,no underdone parts .the control is so easy to use . and most importantly so easy to clean .it is so much more convenient to use and store than the bigger frypans ,it is the modern way to go .

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Not happy with this skillet.

I also bought a ceramic base skillet from the Good Guys. At first it worked well, but after two/three weeks the base was scratched and has food stains embedded in those cracks. Not happy with sunbeam anymore and would certainly consider buying goods that don’t not bear the sunbeam name or other products made by sunbeam.

Dissatisfied customer
Kathy P

Date PurchasedNov 2017

AvrilleSouth East Queensland, QLD

I'm not happy at all.

This skillets coating is sub standard. The coating is coming off and it just gets worse and worse. It also pitted. Battle to cook food in it. Scrambled eggs are sticking to surface. I am a pensioner and thought this was one of the best makes but sadly disappointed. No money to buy another one.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Avrille

Because there are so many complaints about the coating on this appliance, it has to be a factory fault. I would like to know what Sunbeam intend doing about it.

Willo Northern Irish

Willo Northern IrishPerth, WA

New Sunbeam Skillet ******* Brilliant! by Willo Northern Irish

The New Sunbeam Electric Skillet is simply brilliant, the new none stick surface is so impressive & and you only need a teaspoon of olive oil to cook your Eggs, Its so easy to clean with a damp clean cloth.
A very compact unit which is very stable and easy to use

Date PurchasedJune 2017

Very Disappointing!

Bought this skillet hoping it would be better than the ordinary non- stick one and was extremely disappointed as it had tiny chips in it and they multiplied on heating and also didn't like the way it burnt the food.
Returned it to Harvey Norman for a replacement.
Replacement was worse than the first one, more chips, so returned it also and received a refund.
Thanks Harvey Norman for the great service and not sure if we were just unlucky or these skillets are a flop.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Crafty2

Crafty2Calliope

Disappointing

Bought the sunbeam duraceramic skillet. Loved it cooks great easy to clean, however 3weeks into use the ceramic coating was scratch and began to crack, cracks deep enough to put a fingernail in. I purchased another thinking this was just related this unit. However today three weeks later, I am going to return this unit as it cracked last night. There was no mark on the base at the start of cooking. Even though it says more durable and scratch resistant I only use silicone implements this is the second skillet to do this. I am very disappointed because this skillet is just a perfect size for the two of us.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
bigcountryaus

bigcountryausNorth West NSW

Sunbeam Classic Skillet

This is my second Sunbeam Classic Skillet, my last one lasted over 7 years. A great skillet for easy, quick cooking for breakfast,lunch, dinner or snack. This skillet is great for those who meal prep, cooking chicken thigh/breasts, beef or pork along with vegetables stir-fry's, scrambled eggs, bacon for those mouth watering BLT with cheese. The only down side to this unit is the outdated lid, Sunbeam please listen, a a glass dome would be way better. The skillet is very easy to wash, I have a small kitchen at the moment and it fits easily inside to clean.

Date PurchasedJune 2016

What a disappointment

Mine went into the garbage after about 12 month's usage. Non stick surface peeled off and silver lid was difficult to clean, losing colour. Money down the drain. My normal Sunbeam frypan was great until my partner accidentally ran over it on a picnic...it was more than 5 years old.

Date PurchasedJuly 2015
Timeless Traveler

Timeless TravelerAdelaide, South Australia

Little Ripper

Needed something for quickly whipping up bacon and eggs, snags, chops, whatever needed and saves dragging my big pan out or firing up the bbq its great for my van easy cleanup just wipe down with papper towel. It's great for 1 or 2 persons high dome lid will be trying a few recipes in this little beauty No complaints

Elizabeth

ElizabethMelbourne

Fabulous! Handy, great size, easy to clean, quick to heat up. So convinient!

roB1kenobi

roB1kenobibrisbane

Non-stick? Non. Sticks

After 40 yrs of Sunbeam Aluminium Skillet - finally upgraded to non-stick Classic (to dodge Al poisoning) - what a disappointment after approx 3 mths (after first Salmon steak ) - blackened surface and everything sticks after that.
Read the reviews - maybe no durable non-stick electrics exist of any brand.

Kimbo

Kimbo

Love this product

This product is great easy to use very handy for breaky bacon and eggs good size if just cooking for one person I like the fact that its dishwasher safe and the high dome lid is a bonus and the non stick surface is great for steaks Sunbeam frying pans always deliver.

Maureen

MaureenEildon

disappointed

I have long been a Sunbeam brand lover & have appreciated my skillet for both size & convenience. My last Skillet lasted me for 7 years & I only tossed it out after it lost 1 leg & became unsafe. I purchased a new Sunbeam skillet & I threw it out after just 6 months due to the dreadful smell while in use. It had nothing to do with a high temperature as I have seen Sunbeam reps blame in reviews, & the non-stick lining was bubbling & peeling soon after purchase. Sunbeam have really gone down in quality & standard. I could not possibly give them a good rating unfortunately & will look for a new skillet in different brand after checking reviews first.

Cappy

CappySydney, NSW

A kitchen appliance must have!

I have owned one for ever and replace every few years. Never experienced any of the smell issues recorded here.
I have purchased for all my family - they too are full of compliments - no issues whatsoever with any purchase, everybody totally loves this live without Sunbeam product .

Louis R.

Louis R.Millgrove, Victoria

Compact and efficient.

There is not much bench space in my kitchen and this little skillet is ideal. Heats up quickly and is big enough for one person. Easy to clean.

Chemical Smell

This pan has a strong chemical smell when it is hot. I have used it 5 times and it smells bad while I am cooking and taints the flavour of the food. I have tried smearing it with oil and heating it up as suggested by Sunbeam Support Team and i have tried boiling milk as suggested below but the chemical smell persists. I have now thrown it in the rubbish bin

Myst

Mystasked

My question is related to the thermostat. Does the frypan stay “on” at the required heat, or does it turn off, reduce heat slightly then turn back on (as my existing frypan does).

Cincin

It does click on & off like your current pan but I found it stayed a lot hotter for a lot longer than the older ones, making it really good for browning. Heats really quickly too.

Marilyn

It does lower the temperature then back on to the higher temperature, it is a gentle little cooker using the higher temperature for browing eyc.

Cathy T.asked

Bought a new SK4200P Classic round skillet. Can't find savoury recipe to cook dinner for one or two people. I tried to cook sausages,had to put it on high temp,it took age ended up with tuna on mashed potates and green beans

Marilyn

Its an amazing pan , wouldnt want to be without it now. I cook scrambled eggs, poached eggs , fritters , all sorts , stirfrys , you name it this wonderful little pan is great for all recipes for one or two people. Very rarely do I use the high temperature, mostly the medium then if necessary for a final blast of heat I'll turn it to high. Its best for nice slow cooking where your guaranteed of a very pleasing result.

Customer SupportSunbeam

Hi Cathy T,
if you refer to the product manual attached pages 17-30 https://sunbeam-s3-production.s3.ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/FP5910_ib_1_9759ba0c10.pdf this gives you some yummy recipe ideas to cook up in your SK4200P.

Cathy T.

Thank you so much,that will give me more confidence to try again

Barb

Barbasked

The Sunbeam Skillet SK4200P came with a plastic triangular piece. There is nothing to say where this piece sits. I hope you can help me.

Marilyn

Although I have a pan very similar to this it does not have the piece mentioned, I am delighted with mine.

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

CategoryElectric Skillets and Woks