Sunbeam Cafe Series 17cm Food Slicer ES9600

MPN: 35903103

USB

USBBrisbane

Bad design

The machine can’t be pulled apart to clean it. So the food stucked everywhere. Therefore it’s not very hygienic. Not very happy customer.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

BevGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great Slicer

I purchased this slicer one year ago. I have only recently started to use it. Simple to clean, in fact so easy it is ridiculous. Slices well (meats, cheese, vegetables, bread). Great product and easy to use.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Sunbeam - poor design, badly executed.

This product is near impossible to clean, the instruction booklet (and the online version) are different from the machine, and the slicing guide has to be set on at least 3mm before it can slice at all.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
None

NoneGo Away and don't sell my email address to anyone.

This is rubbish

The cog which is attached to the blade does not have to wear much to render the machine useless. I could keep replacing the blade at $50 per time but with two gone in a short time of normal domestic use I won't bother. Each blade lasted less than a year per blade.

Date PurchasedDec 2014

Len

LenPort Broughton

A professionally designed and made machine

Possible problem-fixing!

Needs more robust gears

The most important part of the machine the gears, these are made of plastic, which is hopeless, considering the rest of the machine is die cast metal. This is a like a miss representation of its robustness. I hate products that I am always having to replace the parts for at a price of $50 a pop.
Very disappointed.

Hans Dahl

Hans DahlPort Hedland

poor cogweel design / material

With the good reviews of the slicer I had bought it in 2008. I had expected a reliable machine. We own a similar machine from another manufacturer overseas and had no problems whatsoever over decades. Still the same machine and working great in a multi-person house hold. We really used it for anything from bread, meat and cheese. For the Sunbeam cafe series slicer I have now the third set of cogweels and blade installed. Unfortunately it starts making the same unhealthy noises when slicing cheese. I am only waiting for the day coming soon again until it does not even cut crusted bread anymore.
Very disappointed.
Once you got in the habit of using a food slicer you do not want to miss it any more.
Unacceptibale wear of the cogweels.

sporotti

sporotti

Even easy food slicing

Decided to buy an Electric food slice due to problems with hands and being able to cut fine or straight, it is a very solid cafe quality unit, very sharp able to cut all types of foods, have used on meat, bread tomatoes especially good slicing Pepperone for my pizzas, its especially good slicing bread to a fine thickness
Fast, sharp, solid build, easy to use, reasonable price good replacement warranty

AlfE

AlfESt Ives

Cant get the blade sharpened

I bought my food slicer several years ago and have found it to be OK for slicing meats such as Spanish Jamon, salami, etc. It takes some getting used to placing the meat so that it cuts right through and does not leave bits hanging off the bottom or getting stuck on the blade. The biggest problem I have is getting the blade sharpened. It is almost useless now that it is several years old.
Does the job - once you get the hang of it.
Absolutely no instructions on getting the blade sharpened. Almost useless after a couple of years of average use.

beautyqueen

beautyqueenvic, 3824

overall a great product to have at home, its easy to use, has a safety holder that you put the food in so you dont slice your hands, stays on the bench and doesnt move as the suction cups keep it in place
this slicer looks great, slices very well as thin or as thick as you like, is very easy to use, isnt too loud, is not too heavy however does take up a bit of room but its ok, fast to use, has a safety switch with is important, is very sharp so everything is sliced with ease
there is nothing i dislike about the slicer

davele

daveleSydney

I expected more from it.

Vanessaasked

How do remove the plastic cog that the blade works against? I have removed the grey casing but cannot get the old one off.

Bev

Hi Vanessa, if it is the part I think it is I use a coin. I hope that helps.

Vanessa

No it’s further on, once you remove the blade, you remove the grey casing which in turn exposes the plastic wheel/cog that the slicing blade connects with!

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Vanessa,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. So sorry , removing the blade is the farthest to go with this unit.
Kind Regards, Sunbeam

yuka

yukaasked

(thick and thin with a 0-23 mm variable slicing dial)
is it possible to cut 0.07mm for shabu shabu asian meat. paper thin?

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi yuka,
Thank you for your query. The ES9600 cannot be adjusted to that low.

Mrsp

Mrspasked

Can you cut warm loin of pork without the crackle? What is the maximum height and width of the product to be sliced?

Bev

I would assume so. Let the meat sit to absorb the juices and slice. As it is rolled you may want to add more string so it doesn't unroll. Remove the string after you have sliced.

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives