2Sunbeam MultiChopper FC7500

72% · 135 · 28%

G K.
G K.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC7 posts

Weak machine

Simple tasks are a bother for this little machine. Jams when making fresh breadcrumbs and smells as if the motor is burning every time I use it. I had a 20 year old Moulinex that was a little workhorse compared to this dud. Unfortunately I dropped and cracked it. Show details
Sunbeam
Sunbeam   DM
FairGo2125Sydney, NSW7 posts

An Alternative to Food Processor

A small gadget suitable for those with limited bench-top space but need to use frequently. Easy to operate. The dual blade system makes it much more efficient than my old one with a single blade. Washing is easy without too many parts. It would be helpful if a plactic scrapper (to match the size of the mixing cup) is supplied. Show 2 replies
jaySydney, NSW12 posts

Decent food chopper

Bought this as i rarely cook and hate chopping or using a mandolin. This device does the job quite well is you dont mind how your food is chopped. dices and slices food very well and easy to clean. Show details ·  1
Sunbeam Customer
Sunbeam Customer3 posts

Disappointing Customer Service on the FC7500

I was happy with this chopper until the bowl cracked after 18 months and minimal use. After several email exchanges with Sunbeam Customer Service, they referred me to 4 stockists who may be able to replace the bowl. After checking each stockist, only one of them could replace the bowl. The cost including postage equated to about half the cost of the whole machine. I asked Sunbeam if they could replace the bowl as it was only 18 months old… the answer “it’s out of warranty”. The warranty on the bowl was 12 months. The machine has only been used for small jobs like Hummus or Pesto less than a dozen times. Very disappointed with the quality of the bowl and Sunbeam’s customer service. Show details
Sunbeam
Sunbeam   DM

Hi Sunbeam Customer, sorry to hear the bowl cracked. I have one of these and mine is years old and haven't had an issue. I must say I always hand wash but I'm not sure why it has cracked.

Samantha
SamanthaSydney7 posts

Good chopper

The chopping feature works flawlessly as long as the chunks you put in are not too big. It's also very easy to clean and I love the settings on this thing. It basically allows me to control if I want my food finely chopped or not.

It's a bit pricey though for a chopper.

tk.australia
tk.australiaSydney7 posts

great chopper

I bought this from Myer when i was on sale. Works like a normal blender. It's a bit hard to clean, but can't complain,

I use it to chop nuts for my salad, and it works well. really great simple product. I would recommend getting this, but when it is on sale.

TigerSpirit
TigerSpiritSydney, NSW12 posts
dawnelowery
dawneloweryMelbourne2 posts

very light processor

Bought the Sunbeam for pesto mainly but expected it to be able to process melons, etc for smoothies. The blades do not spin when there is more than a centimetre of fruit in the bowl. Have used it twice as each time I try it out the blades don't work. End up using the 'stickmixer' in a bowl instead. Really a waste of an appliance taking up space in the cupboard. Very disappointed.

JMT
JMTPerth5 posts

Great little gadget

Very pleased with this little chopper. It does what it says it does. It is used virtually on a daily basis - often to chop up various food for a worm farm and it is very efficient.

Martin
MartinSydney, NSW16 posts

Good chopper for Asian style curry paste

Good chopper for Asian style curry paste. Although it is not as good as the Ninja chopper which I owned in the USA, it is acceptable and does the job.

Frzopova
FrzopovaSydney, NSW7 posts

Love it!

Compact, solid, really sharp blades, good value for money. I predominantly use it for all my baby food. It purees perfectly. I can leave the puree lumpier, I can puree it into a smooth paste, you name it. Awesome. Small container, so I do several batches, all in all, the weeks supply is cooked, pureed and in the freezer within an hour! Rinse straight away under hot water and it's clean. Great product.

Viv
Viv8 posts

Failed after using only a few times

So disappointed in Sunbeam. The blades do not turn its like it doesnt connect to the blades and its only 2 months old. This is the second Sunbeam appliance that has bitterly disappointed me in the last year. I did not keep the receipt so am out of pocket again - thanks for nothing Sunbeam. I will never purchase another Sunbeam appliance again after this run of bad luck. Sunbeam are not what they used to be you could really rely on everything they produced.

Adam
AdamPerth, WA12 posts

Just brilliant

Salad dressings are so easy. Chopping garlic is a dream. Shredding herbs is so simple.

What's not to like? It's an absolutely brilliant device for everything from falvoured oils to sambas to just whizzing an onion. Get one!

FeeLee
FeeLee

REALLY LOVE IT!!! ESPECIALLY FOR ASIANS WHO LOVE SAMBAL!!

this is a great chopper and puree things very well. The price also affordable. I made sambal at least 3x per week and this thing makes everything easier. You also can use it for mince the spices for meat rubs, etc.

Janine
Janinemelbourne88 posts

So handy

With only two of us to feed sometimes it's a hassle to use the big processor, so I was looking for something for small quantities.

This chopper is surprisingly good.

It chops herbs like sage and parsley perfectly. It shreds chicken for sandwiches and it perfectly mixes up my wonton filling.

I use it a lot more than I thought I would as it's so versatile and chops well.