Sunbeam Pie Magic

63 questions from our users

Russel W.

Russel W.asked

Pie Magic

Top layer of puff pastry is raw and doughy right through

Jessica
Jessica

Hi Russel. Not sure why this has happened to you? Is this every time you use the machine (as in, it may be a faulty element in your lid)?
Best tips are to FILL the pie well, so the pastry lid is forced to touch the top element, and to cook for as long as needed (5-10 mins depending on whether filling was hot or cold, how many pies etc). I'll add some photos to my review for you to look at.
If you continue to have an issue, I would be inclined to get a replacement machine. Best of luck to you.

Hi Russel,
Yes please follow the steps Jessica has posted & please let me know if this sorts your issue out.

Pauline

Paulineasked

Pie Magic PM4800 (Traditional Size 4 Up)

What cup capacity is the sunbeam deep pie maker?
Thanks. Pauline.

Harry
Harry

I recall the instructions say a 1/2 cup. I use about 3/4 of a cup so the pie maker is full and the top pastry browns better.

Hi Pauline,
The Pie Magic Traditional Size 4 Up takes 1/2 metric cup of filling.

Scott N.asked

Pie Magic

It would be so much easier to assemble to pies cold in them pie maker and then turn it on. Is the pre heat absolutely necessary? Has anyone done the timing for staring cold ?

Phillip N.
Phillip N.

Scott N.

Thanks Phil, is that "No" the pre-heat is not absolutely necessary, or "No" the timing for a cold start has not been done ?

Hi Scott N,
You can try this but it will all depend on how much liquid you have in your filling as you may find the pastry may be soggy.
Hope this helps you.

Jared D.

Jared D.asked

Pie Magic PM4210 (Snack Size 2 Up)

What temperature does the two pie maker cook at

Rob
Rob

I have a 4 pie maker, however the temperatures would be the same for both. The instruction manual doesn't supply the temperature. Suggest you contact Sunbeam for this information.

Hi Jared D,
A basic estimate would be between 180 and 220 degree's but I am still waiting to hear back from our technical support team with a more accurate answer when I have it I will post.

Con M.

Con M.asked

Hi
Love my pies maker but the second batch is not as nice looking as the first, should i allow the machine to become cold before the second batch???????

Hi Con,
Please see from the user manual- Preheat the Pie Magic for 5 minutes until ready light is illuminate & vPlease also Note: The Warm Up and Ready lights are thermostatically controlled and will cycle during cooking to ensure that the correct temperature is gained. Hopes this helps. Thanks

Glenda.  Moore

Glenda. Mooreasked

How. for. delivery. to. Forbes. NSW

Mrs Carolyn Jane Lee

Mrs Carolyn Jane Leeasked

Pie Magic

Can I use baking p aper in the pie maker instead of pastry

Can I use baking paper in the pie maker instead of pastry

Didie
Didie

Why? You have a pie maker to make a pie and you need crust.

Sally W.asked

Pie Magic

My Sunbeam 4 pie maker makes perfect pies the first time , then when I do a second lot of 4 pies, the tops don't cook?? How can I fix this please.

David C.
David C.

I have the same issue...being an engineer I took the unit apart and there is a single thermostat in the top half (to control the heat off the top section). Mine has failed and prevents the element from getting power...I am trying to see if I can source a new one! Shame to thro away for the sake of a $1.50 component (very easy to replace!) - will let you know if I find.

Sally W.

Thank you. Appreciate it.

kate
kate

does this mean there is a fault in the pie makers as mine and my sister does the same thing

Maureen A.

Maureen A.asked

Pie Magic PM4210 (Snack Size 2 Up)

Does the two pie maker make a bigger size pie than the 4 pie maker

pcmiller13

No, same size pie in both makers. I have noticed the Kmart pie maker is the size I was used too with the old model of the sunbeam pie maker. (Where you can use one sheet of pastry for 2 pies, so no wastage of pastry like the new sunbeam pie maker).

mmohan51

mmohan51asked

Pie Magic

Do you ship to Singapore?

Catkeiasked

Pie Magic

Can you use muffin patty cases in the pie maker for making cakes

pcmiller13

I’m not sure but I don’t think you need them in the pie maker as the shape is already there, same for a muffin tray. Try it and see if it works

Catkei

it is just that the Teflon is staring to come away, and I like the size of the older ones to make cakes

Sallyasked

Pie Magic PM4800 (Traditional Size 4 Up)

When making pies the tops don’t cook and stay soggy in the middle , if I leave them in longer the bottoms burn and go hard . What can I do to prevent this as it’s a waste of money .

Roula B.

Hey Sally, is the top of your pastry touching the top of pie maker? You may need to fill it more and don’t make filling to watery, thicken the gravy. I used puff pastry for bottom and top, turned out perfect. Good luck.

Sally

When I use puff pastry it’s seems fine , it’s when I use short crust pastry for sweet pies ( apple ) that i have the issue , and yes I use half a cup filling as recommended.

Lesley t

Lesley tasked

Pie Magic

I have had a 2 pie maker for years with no problems. Just bought the latest 4 our maker and I'm so disappointed. Not cooking in the top and I've used the same pastry as I always have.

Same waste of money sunbeam should refund our money cost over $100

Roula B.

Mine worked perfectly, my pies looked the same as advertised picture, not sure what has gone wrong for both of you.

Cesare F.

Cesare F.asked

Pie Magic

This machine costs $50 more than other brands and yet it doesn't even work??? The tops of the pies remain uncooked - horrible !!!! How can you sell a cooker that doesn't even work Sunbeam???

Totally agree dam useless

Rae H

Rae Hasked

My Sunbeam 4piemaker says it's ready, when it hasn't even heated up

John_D

John_Dasked

Pie Magic

I saw a recipe book for a Kmart pie maker . Many of the recipes did NOT use pastry. Do I have to use pastry in my Sumbeam.

Roula B.

Yes lol it’s a pie maker!!

Customer CareSunbeam

Hello John,
That's a great question!
No it can be used to make so much more than just pies.
Please have a look at our recipe book for ideas of non pastry pie maker ideas: https://www.sunbeam.com.au/Global/Pie%20Maker/Meal%20Pie%20Maker%20-%20Digital%20e-Book%202020.pdf

John G

John Gasked

Pie Magic PM4800 (Traditional Size 4 Up)

I submitted this same question last weekend but have not received a reply.
My pie maker was purchased on 5/1/18. It has been used four times but I still cannot get the tops to cook. The pastry is soggy. Have been sticking to the instructions ie half cup of filling.
John

Garyasked

Pie Magic PM4800 (Traditional Size 4 Up)

I heat up, put right amount of filling top is soggy leave longer bottom goes too brown and hard top still soggy

Sueg9

I find it works best if you use shortcrust pastry on the bottom and puff pastry on the top. If you are doing that already maybe its the brand of pastry that you are using (unless you are making your own).

Gary

I have always used the same pastry and the first few times I used it, it worked fine, the last couple of times it hasn't. so not sure what can be wrong have used it about 6 times and last 3 times have failed.

Garyasked

Pie Magic

I have same question I heat up put right amount in and tops don’t cook leave longer bottoms go too brown top still soggy

Marie

Marieasked

Pie Magic

Why do the tops of my pies sometimes not brown properly and remain a bit soggy on top

Sueg9

Are you using shortcrust pastry on the bottom and puff pastry on the top?

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

Sunbeam Pie Magic