Suzuki APV 2005-2018

Suzuki APV 2005-2018 Questions & Answers

30 questions from our users

where is the engine oil dipstick?
Found it thanks.

I have just bought this amazing van on the key ring was one key a small key for turning alarm on and off and a tear shaped remote that is empty.guy told me it used to have central locking but have seen a post on internet saying suzuki 2007 APV doesn't have central locking true or not ?
I just bought a 2007 model and it doesn't have central locking. Wish it did though. Everything I have read said it did? Just as confused as you.I have central locking now when I bought it off guy it didn't then read on line . You leave drivers door open turn on ignition key about 6 times and it just started but have no remote .I might go to suzuki dealer.

I just bought a beautiful suzuki apv 2007 in great cond but no remote central locking key can you just buy one and program it yourself .

is it usual for the water radiator auxiliary fan to automatically turn on and off? sometimes the indicator rises to heated temperature - is this normal or something is wrong? (Suzuki APV 2007 model)
Yes, The auxiliary fan is thermostatically controlled, meaning it will come on and turn off when it needs to. The temp gauge in mine will only ever reach just above half way, I've never in 10 years seen it more than 3/4, in fact I have trouble keeping it above 1/4 most days.

Does suzuki have a aircon in the back?

What air adjustable rear shock absorbers can be fitted for load carrying please? Queensland, Australia

Where is the oil filter location on the Suzuki apv van?

Is there any air filter for ac blower?

Where is the location of Suzuki apv engine number?

will the apv 1.6ltr engine fit previous model carry ute?

does the apv come in automatic trans?

Can a baby seat be installed in the front seat?

Ok this is going to sound stupid but where the hell is the dipstick located on the 2009 APV? Do i need to take off the engine guard cover first to be able to located it?
Dipstick is under passenger seat side of engine bay it is on top of engine small yellow pull ring

What is the number of the timing belt of a suzuki apv?

Are the swing doors staying or can you buy the apv with sliding doors like the old carry van? Sliding doors so much better for small spaces
Swing doors only the model is very old now they wont change.

Any automatic ones in Australia?
nono

Where can I get a rear seat from with in built seat belts or I should there any problem with finding and installing rear seat belts? Thanks
There are some companies that will supply & fit but pretty expensive $3000+ and you will have registration problems as vehicle is only legally allowed 2 people thats how they are able to sell them in Australia with limited safety features as commercial vehicle.Try Techsafe, they will help you out and give the details for installation in your area.

How many kms before timing chain needs replacing?
Timing belt 100,000 klms

How does it go on freeways? Will it get up steep hills? I want to travel around Australia but I am nervous about the small engine!
The engine is fine on steep hills but you may need to drop back to 80. I drove one around the hills of Brisbane and had no problem. Going around Australia it may not be powerful enough if you expect an average speed over 100, but if you are happy to potter along, it has a 5th gear that will give good economy. I drove one from Tamworth (nsw) to Townsville (qld) twice and no problem. Getting up in the tropics the air conditioning is not really adequate and I would be getting a plastic screen between the drivers compartment and the back, also a large roof rack with something on it to give the roof, some sun protection. There is enough room to sleep in the back, but the exhaust system runs under the floor and there is not much heat shielding, so in hot weather it takes a while for the van to cool down enough to sleep. I built a light timber floor but if there are hot nights, the doors need to be left open and some mosquito nets used. This is a van, so the rear suspension is fairly stiff. Like all vans that are not 4 wheel drive, one of the rear driving wheels completely off the ground will stop the vehicle from moving, so they are not suitable for rough terrain.I went on hume highway at 100kmph (i am on green p's) just fine, youll just wish you had a 6th gear though.Rubbish, I have gotten up to 125km/h or even 130km/h in my Suzuki APV Van 2013, when overtaking. It will be fine speed wise at 110km/h, even 120km/h mine does, just higher revs and a little bit louder (I think any way, I don't remember driving another car at 110km/h !). I don't know if this would make a difference when having a conversation of not. Not so great acceleration though yes - I overtake cars everyone I go to Work (part time), but I have to rev it more and probably doesn't do it as easy as a family sedan, I think. I like it coz its decent on fuel and I can always carry a lot and sleep in the van.

Can the passenger seat be adjusted to recline enough so I can carry surfboards? Thanks Steve
that would be a yes

Get an answer from our members and Suzuki representatives