Suzuki KingQuad 300 4x4

Suzuki KingQuad 300 4x4

See the Best ATVs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

This is a tank

I bought a 1999 300 king quad last year. After replacing front and rear brake shoes , wheel cylinders and a good tune up this thing runs great. Use it mostly for hunting season and some light trail riding. Seems to be able to go anywhere that I need to go. Do wish mine has front disc brakes tho. Drum brakes feel a little sluggish. Over all a great atv.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Brilliant

Just bought a new 300king Quad to replace my old one that was 18 years old. I suspect the new one will outlive me. They are built tough and I use it for spraying, chasing stock, towing a small trailer used for flower picking as well as a built on platform for picking proteas. This new one has moved spray unit forward for stability but that meant the tool box has also and is now very hard to access.

Ultimate farm machine

This quad is a tried and proven design spanning over 20 years. Hence it won't have all of the modern features and technology of some of the other Japanese (or Korean / Nth American / European anf tome Chinese) brands.

What it does well is what it is designed for. It is a work horse hat can go anywhere, it can drive over hilly areas with ease because it is light, low and good clearance. The 4wd is very good, as is the diff lock and lo / ultra lo and normal drive modes. I keep mine in mid range 4wd with the lock off.

The independent rear suspension means that all four wheels stay on the ground, which I like as my last quad had a solid rear axle which was very strong but enabled a wheel to occasionally leave the ground.

This is a mid size machine for a mid price, nothing is spectacular, except that it comes together as an all round reliable, easy to drive semi auto load carrier.

If it could be improved, I would say it would be with an EFI motor the same size but the rest can and should stay the same.
Good price, easy to ride, will go anywhere at a reasonable speed for the conditions, stable and comfortable.
nothing I can think of

Great little bike

This is a great little farm bike for those that are not in a rush to go anywhere
excellent low range gearing is well suited to rock crawling and pulling heavy
loads.
Also It's a very capable 4x4 and will keep up with the bigger boys on the block no
problems.
Small lightweight' good price' simple mechanics' step through gearbox' super low gearing gives no stress on the bike
Be carfull of deep watercrossings needs a snorkel' no winch mount' no water tight storage' anoying center rack between handelbars

are they good for going over sandy areas
If pressure is lowered, they will go over sandy places, but if that's something you do regularly, then I would invest in wheels appropriate for sand - ie low ground pressure fat tyres.I agree with Baxter burger but I have found no problem at all with the tyres supplied. Better sand tyres will help in sand but not as good for say wet grass. The machine will go anywhere in basic form. It depends what you want to do and how fast you need to go then you might to need to choose specialised tyres.

We are buy a new Suzuki for our farm it very hilly has several rough creeks , I like to tow trail with wood an muster , do I go 300, 400, or 500 king quad?
Hi, I would be inclined to go with the 300 for hilly / creek terrain. It will still tow a trailer with 250 kg load. But if you have need to tow more than this, or more quickly then i'd go the 500. Cheers, TI tow a 7x5 trailer picking olives or a smaller trailer that carries half ton of wood using the 300cc I live in the Adelaide hills near Mt Lofty so weight is not a problem but traction can be. I've never needed to use the lowest range YeGo as big as you can afford the bigger the better

location of voltage rectifier on 2001 300 king quad?
near starter relay