Swann Doorphone Video Intercom Colour Camera with 7” LCD Screen SWHOM-DP880C

Swann Doorphone Video Intercom Colour Camera with 7” LCD Screen SWHOM-DP880C

See the Best Door Security Products in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Jarrod

JarrodMelbourne

Terrible internal monitor, crap external mount

This unit is really a waste of money, 1) the unit makes no noise externally so people don't know if it has rung inside. 2) the push screen is very loud when you push the buttons, so it wakes our little one, and 3) the blue lights on the unit do not turn off so our kitchen looks like something from a UFO movie. Do not buy this unit.

jr

jr

Blank screen in cold weather swann support responds after 4 months

The product is total rubbish. Weather conditions impact when the screen displays and when it does not.
Reached out for warranty support from Swann and 4 months later they eventually follow up with no solution.
Product support team cannot even supply a wiring diagram with any information, cannot answer simple questions like how far the cabling can be run.

Absolutely rubbish.

Mr WonderfulGold Coast

Value for money

I bought this from Masters so I could return it if it couldn't handle an external gate application.
A quick call to Swann and they say no prob but it's call center base is in the Philippines so I had my doubts.
I was really pushing it's limits also. 30 metres as the crow flies and more like 55 metres of cable by the time it weaves it way through the house and up the side of the driveway.
Long story short the first unit lost sound within 2 weeks so I returned it and took a chance on another. 1 year on and all is fine.
Gate lock and doorbell work well and although I agree with the other reviewer that the video quality is not fantastic I would say at $220 it is great value for money.

Mr Wonderful

It's now been 2 years and still going fine.

Marbelup

MarbelupPerth

Makes your friends look short and fat when they arrive at your front door!

nathan D.

nathan D.asked

Can i run two buzzers back to the one LCD screen

MandaMoo1987

MandaMoo1987asked

We have this doorphone and it won't ring inside our house anymore. The volume is turned up and we've tried other ring tones. It rings however when we press the person icon button on the main screen unit. Anyone know why this is happening?

Kori Sandersonasked

Have just purchased the 7" screen intercom. Any tips before I install?

Hi Kori,
I recommend you wire it up and get it working before you mount it.
It has a wide view and objects that seem distant to the side can seem impede your view. eg walls, brick pillars.
My camera does seem to get a bit of condensation after a few days of rain but drys out and works fine a couple of days later.
Good luck...

Kori Sanderson

Many thanks Mr Wonderful, appreciate that:)

Get an answer from our members and Swann representatives

CategoryDoor Security Products