Swann DVR8-3425

Swann DVR8-3425

See the Best Wired Surveillance Systems in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Useless

Absolutely useless, 7 out of 8 cameras are faulty, infa red night vision is useless, warranty claim is a total waste of time, DVR started beeping, hdd light flashing, have to reset manually I personally would not purchase another Swann item.

RobbieGippsland, VIC

Absolute rubbish

7 out of 8 cameras failed within 18 months. Even cameras that we're under the roof eaves and not exposed to heat of rain failed. The DVR itself plays up and does not overwrite once the HDD fills up so have to check every 2 weeks to make sure I manually format the HDD.
Would never buy again.

Phil In

Phil InInverell NSW

Total Rubbish

Absolutely debris and discreditable technical support! Don't be the next victim

We purchased Swann cameras unit early this year, few months later Its out of action
Network all run well,we even got the electrician checked and reckoned the control unit is faulty. Phone call to the technical support person who is not much a support. The person was unclear in explaining " troubleshooting" and kept on asking to check on something that was not attached to the unit.
Why did I bother to speak to someone overseas while the problem is in Australia & left unresolved. I have few words for Swann product
Slow
Wasteful
Avoidance
Non-sense
Noxious

Col Jredcliffe

poor night vision

I purchased the dvr8-3425. Dissapointed with the poor night images I called swann tech for help but got the run around so I called the camera installer. After he viewed the images he made a suggestion which i tried and i'm happy to say it worked. When my outside senser lights are on, the image is really good. The light must be facing the same direction as the camera (not shining towards the camera). For the price it's a good camera. Hope this helps others who have already bought the swann cameras.

OldGreyNomad

OldGreyNomadSydney

Dreadful cameras - amateur software -poor support.

Pollyfodder

Pollyfodderasked

OMG, I bought SWANN, but so far so good! Hope mine don't go bung as quickly as yours.
By the look of it, SWANN don't bother monitoring this site either like other companies do.

stephen

stephenasked

18 months after they {6 cameras.....4 outside and 2 inside} were installed in our new home, they stopped working....not recording and cant get live view. There are no lights lit up on the recorder....any suggestions on how to rectify ?

Robbie

Easiest option is to do a factory reset within the menu. If that fails you have to manually swap the working cameras with the faulty cameras by switching the wires at the rear of the control box. Hope the reset fixes your problem as it fixed a issue of not saving the recordings to my hard drive on 1 occasion

AF66
AF66

Contact Swann customer support (Melbourne, I think). They had a bad batch of Swann Cameras at one point apparently-mine fell into this batch.
If the reset option suggested here doesn't work, I would suggest of two things has happened:
1. You've had a power spike/lightening strike and it's blitzed your HD and cameras or it's just faulty product issues. No red light or action from the HD sounds like problems with more than the cameras and suggests that the HD until is fritzed or not getting power to it. See if you can hear any rumbling inside the HD case when its on, if not, it's probably had it.
Swann were excellent in helping to resolve my issues and the the new system that they sent me is still working brilliantly.

Col J

Hi Stephen, as I've not had ur problem I can only suggest doing a auto reboot, this is suggested in the swann digital video recorder manual I downloaded after wasting my time with so called swann customer service, the option is in ur maintenance tab. Or do a factory reset in the default settings.
Hope this helps you.
Col J

Get an answer from our members and Swann representatives

CategoryWired Surveillance Systems