Tag Heuer

Tag Heuer

1.7

Mike

MikeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Poor Tag quality and customer service

Purchased for $3,200.00.

Nick S.

Nick S.South East Queensland, QLD

Huge Disappointment

My tag connected has been a extreme disappointment for such a watch company to produce something that is so inferior to apples watch is stupid. Don’t buy one of these huge let down. If tag is willing to explain why I shouldn’t change watch’s I’d be glad to hear it

Purchased in March 2020 for $2,200.00.

Ange L.

Ange L.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disgraceful

My wife bought me a Tag Heuer Connected for my 50th. It's one of the originals. The battery died so I returned to Tag Heuer and this is the reply;

We have diagnosed that there is an issue with your watch. The likely cause is the battery inside the watch is faulty.
However, as the watch has been discontinued, it is unrepairable.

They want me to buy a new watch at a discounted price, another $2000+. Seriously it is a battery replacement. You spend thousands on their watches, you expect them to last a life time. Whoever here in Australia is their service rep hasn't had the balls to reply to me since and I have no idea where my watch is so I can collect and use as a door stop. Do yourselves a favour and buy Garmin.

Purchased in June 2016 for $2,500.00.

Luke

LukeSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great watch

I bought this for myself as a present nearly 4 years ago. I have the calibre 5 automatic. Cost me less than $2k, never had it serviced. Wear it every day and it hasn’t missed a beat. I take if swimming, fishing and in the shower. Very comfortable and functional.

Purchased in August 2017 at Tag Heuer for $2,000.00.

Crusty

CrustySydney Surrounds, NSW

Faulty electronics only 3 years old. Expected a quality watch, but is not worth $1,700

Bought a men's Tag model WAZ1110 thinking it's quality product.
It stopped after 3 years. I took it to a watch maker to have the battery replaced and pressure tested.
He told me the battery was still full charge but the electronics are faulty. The estimate repair was $450.
I told him to remove the battery and I'll just wear it as jewellery as I've got no confidence in TAG now and won't risk it failing again in another few years.
I do not recommend this watch,

Purchased in May 2017 for $1,650.00.

VONQueensland

WASTE of money snd company UNHELPFUL

I bought my husband an aquaracer for its supposed longevity and water sports ability. ALL false advertising. Back at jewellers for at least the 7 th time.!! crown gone, water leaks. broken band

Tag Heuer Connected V2

I purchased this watch in the airport assuming it would be more robust/tech savvy than the Samsung android watch I already owned. I wanted comfort and status. Not even close.

Purchased in December 2018 at Dufry Melbourne Duty Free for $2,300.00.

Christian

ChristianSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very Disappointed

Had my Tag Heuer Formula 1 for a little over 2 years (outside warranty) and the stem & crown already need replacing. The cost of doing this is more than 60% of the cost of the watch when new. I purchased a Tag to get longevity. I would recommend that anyone looking at this watch be aware of this and consider a cheaper, longer lasting piece. Not worth the money!

Purchased in October 2017 at Wallace Bishop Physical store for $1,400.00.

Jeanette V.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Beware of Tag Hauer servicing!

Purchased in November 2016 at Saleras for $3,800.00.

stephen

stephenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

TAG Heuer watch always needs repairing

in mid 2017 I bought a TAG Heuer Aquaracer with the calibre 5 movement from the Chadstone store for over $2750. within 6 months it stopped working. the winder was jammed and being an auto watch it wasn't self winding. returned it for a warranty repair and TAG took care of it but a few weeks later same problem returned. again sent to TAG and this time it worked ok for 6 months but then stopped, same problem. and so the cycle continued, all up in 2.5 years this watch has been repaired 5 times and now, you guessed it, has stopped again

Purchased in June 2017 for $2,745.00.

Richard P

Richard PPerth, WA

Don't do it, you will be disappointed

paid $5,500 for a Tag watch. 3 years later it had serious problems. They wanted t charge me $900 to repair the issue. it was from water getting in. I argued with them and said it was a manufacturing fault, they said it was all my fault. at $1,800 a year for a watch, no thanks. I would have been better off getting a $10 rip off from Bali, that would have lasted longer

Purchased in October 2016 for $5,500.00.

Fantastic Respect

Just want to thanks to Peter at the Chadstone Store and Darren at HQ in Sydney for their total respect and transparency in the repairs with dealing with my husband and my link watches that were purchased in 1997. The watches represent our marriage and are more than saying we have a 'Tag Heuer' watch. Thank you so much for keeping us in the loop through the whole process, and allowing us peace of mind they would be returned safely in time for our trip to the UK. Brilliant!

Richard

RichardMelbourne

Excellent example as to why I own a TAG Heuer.

I sent my TAG Heuer for service by mail to LVMH. I received an email thread for the entire process. I was quoted a price, after 20 years ownership I expected a large amount but was pleasantly surprised. My watch was mailed back. Sheer joy. I thank all at LVMH.

Jippped

JipppedSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible watch.Waste of money.

Bought a Tag Carerra Juan Fangio and only wore it a few times whenever I went out.
Max 20 times I wore it before it started playing up 'like a two bob watch'.
First off the date wheel stopped working then the watch suddenly stopped working altogether.Absolute joke for a $4500 purchase.Ive had $100 watches that I bought years ago that still work.
Do not go near a Tag Huer is my advice for anybody wishing to purchase an expensive watch.

Mac

MacSouth East Queensland, QLD

Same review as everyone else - TAG equals poor quality at very expensive price

Three years old - band broken twice - out of warranty of course - my fault as apparently a diver's chromometer watch is not made to wear daily - $4000 for what???????
First time - clasp broke - not even up to first service (how that would help I do not understand)
Second - pins dropped out of band (from excessive wearing)
Should have purchased a Rolex or a$20 throw away

APPerth, WA

Terrible, terrible watch - broken down three times.

AP

Ha ha, just read the review by "Lucky" below. He certainly is "Lucky" if his Tag Heuer is as good as he says it is!

MJB

Caveat emptor ! Buyer beware!!

Jeff

JeffHunter Region, NSW

Terrible quality

Less than 2 years old and has been repaired either by Tah or their authorised agent Wallace Bishop 5 times as it just stops working. Each time they repair it they keep it for weeks at a time.

Just had it back from repair at Xmas and it now fills up with water and fogs up. Terrible after sales service they just keep repairing and won’t replace it with a new watch. About to send back for the sixth time and I just hate the watch now. They say a Manager will call you and this is terrible, but no one calls and nothing happens.

Mrs Sexton

Mrs Sexton

BEWARE , buy some other brand

Appalling after sale service. Love my Tag aquaracer watch BUT the after sales service is a rip off and appalling. 7 yrs old now told it is a very old watch ( still see exactly same for sale in Tag shops). After taking to a Tag shop in Brisbane and contacting Australia head office they cannot deny it is a fake! Bought from a very reputable jeweler. Tag just wants me to send it back to them to investigate! Dont think so, off to consumer affairs. Watch/ band should last longer than 7 yrs.
i now take it to my local jeweler who does a better job and so much cheaper and offers good service. My watch now works perfectly after sending it to Tag for battery changed and it didnt work when i got it back from them. DISGUSTED

bob

bobDOWNERS GROVE

Poor quality

Received my Carrera a little over 3 years ago at a total cost of just over 4 thousand dollars. It suddenly stopped working and I just today got a quote to repair it for $685.00. What a joke. I ok'd the repair,but never again. What a poor quality watch. I have 2 self winding Seiko's for over 40 years that continue to work fine.Less then a quarter of the cost.