Tefal Dark Ruby Ceramic Induction Range

Tefal Dark Ruby Ceramic Induction Range

24cm Frypan, 28cm Frypan and 30cm Frypan

Really great in the beginning...But then

Bought this frypan as it got a good rap from Harris Scarfe where I made purchase. It was really great for about 2 months, but now everything sticks to it. I was really impressed in the beginning but have receipt so will be returning it. I find this happens with other tefal branded pans 8 have had, but this one has such a shine to it I thought it would much improved. Sadly it was not.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Would the maker be interested in responding. Seems to be happening to most of them

Terrible frypan - but even worse customer service from Tefal

Worked well for about 6 weeks - I was very careful not to overheat it and did not use olive oil as instructed. Only hand washed. Started to stick and progressively got worse to the point where we could no longer use even if fully covered in suitable oil.

Has a warranty so I thought I would contact them and ask for a refund to try a different Tefal pan. After several rebuttals saying that this pan is not non stick and is designed for searing and not frying! I would hate to see the mess searing some steak or salmon would make with how badly this sticks when an egg is fried in a generous amount of suitable oil! I mentioned the staining on the surface thinking they might consider my claim as their website advertises how robust the surface is, but was also refused.

I was told Tefal will not warranty this - when I said I was not happy they advised to take it back to the retailer and see if they would refund. Talk about fobbing off the customer.

To Harris Scarfe's credit - they looked at the frypan and said - yes we can see this has been looked after well and gave a full refund - over 6 months after I bought it. Well done Harris Scarfe. After their handling of this, I will definitely be confident purchasing from Harris Scarfe.

As for Tefal - epic fail - I will never buy another Tefal product - I just can not trust them. How utterly stupid that they do not stand by their products and help customers with honest product issues. If they had only provided a simple apology, with a refund or replacement I would have been happy to trial again - and they may have got a loyal customer. When will customer service departments learn that sorting out these issues, quickly and painlessly, may cost a few dollars, but results in loyal brand ambassadors and confident consumers that are far more valuable - and still costs far less than the negative effect of feedback like what I am writing now.

Date PurchasedMar 2018