Tefal Pro Selection Series

Tefal Pro Selection Series

Frying Pan and Stir-Fry

Thanks Tefal

I'm a cook, I love my kitchen appliances, they have to work well or they lose their spot. The Tefal is staying.

Let me say straight up, though I use it regularly, I keep the power on my stovetop at around 70% maximum. This is for 2 reasons: First, what I cook in it (bacon, eggs, onions, meats, vegetables etc...) doesn't need extreme heat. Second, I don't want to expose it to extreme heat - after all, I have cast iron pans if I need screaming hot, solar-like temperatures.

This pan is simply delightful to use. After cooking, I soak in water, then rinse it then wipe with a paper towel - no soap necessary - and it remains like brand new.

Ergonomically its handle stays cool, it sits nice in the hand and is easy on the wrist - useful if you want to do some back flipping. I protect it in the cupboard by keeping it on top of the pile with a tea towel inserted, in case somebody throws a pan on top of it. Grrrr.

The non stick is effective. I haven't had any problems in the two years I've used it. And I'm looking forward to it being in my kitchen for a few more. Admittedly I don't use metallic tools, just in case.

Verdict: I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this pan. My partner (who abhors cooking) actually enjoys using it, and she quotes: "I can actually cook with this pan. It doesn't wreck my food."

And there you have it :)

Purchased in July 2017 for $70.00.

Non-Stick Quality
Hot Handles While Cooking No
Even Heat DistributionYes
Non-Stick Longevity1 - 3 years

Amazing

My frying pan looks different to the one in the picture. Mine has the silver handle (which can get hot, my only complaint but still totally worth it) and the thermo spot anyway it is brilliant. I used to dread using my old frying pan as it was such a drama to clean up but with my Tefal one it just wipes clean. I’ve only been using it a couple of weeks but I love it.

Purchased in December 2018.

Hot Handles While Cooking Yes
Even Heat DistributionYes

Titanium or Plastic?

we bought one a little over a year ago, i don't remember the exact model but it was the Titanium something model.. our previous Tefal was another and cheaper model that served us about two years. For the price paid i found it just about right.
However, the new and supposedly tougher , a lot more scratch resistant yada yada one.. barely lasted a year, and began peeling like plastic
we are just husband and wife in kitchen with no kids and we use our cookware properly. It seems like Tefal decreased the coating strength rather than increase it..

it is in the bin now.. we bought another cheap one to replace from another brand, there is no point in paying triple if the product is not lasting anymore than common stuff..

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Great product but....

The 2 Tefal frying pans I have are abolutely fabulous! I give them a 10/10. But...
I cant read the instructions!! The print is too small!!! I dont use glasses but even with the aid of a magnifying glass I cant get essential information. I know it is great to be inclusive when providing instructions, but I doubt many can get the information needed. That earns a 1/10.
I have tried the Tefal website & cant get any information on frying pans.

Hi Chuffybuck, Thank you for the review of the Tefal Frying Pan. So happy to hear you give the pans a 10/10 ! We can definitely assist you with the instruction manual issue so please send us your details via email to productreview@groupeseb.com and one of our Customer Service Team Members will be in touch. Thank you. – Tefal Australia facebook.com/TefalAustralia