Tefal So Tasty

Tefal So Tasty

perfect

I have always been a tefal fan and this product is just perfect. A little pricey but totally worth it. Would recommend it to everyone. have been using tefal products for more than 10 years now and am always intrested in finding out more about their new range.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

The non-stick coating is not durable enough for the high heat required to cook Chinese Stir-Frys

I purchased my Tefal 28cm So Tasty Stirfry Pan from Kmart 6 months ago. At the time this pan was on sale for $25. I liked the size of the pan and I liked how it's flat base sat well on my cooktop. This pan worked well for about five months before the non-stick coating started to fail. I cared for this pan, I only used soft cooking utensils and always cleaned it with non abrasive cleaning pads. I was disappointed that it could fail in just five months.

Whilst looking for a replacement I learnt a lot about stir-fry woks and pans and the Tefal 28cm So Tasty Stirfry Pan should have never been used for this purpose. Chinese stir-fry cooking requires high temperatures and non-stick coatings are not durable enough for this. I have tried to cook Taiwanese 3-cup chicken on low heat with my new Baccarat Capri non-stick pan but the chicken ends up too soft. So I'm going back to the trusted carbon steel wok for now.
The size of the pan is perfect. Made in France
The high heat required for Chinese cooking damages the non stick surface.