Mia

MiaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Ok but could be better

I have the worst allergies. From October to February I am on my hands and knees with them. Nose is so itchy and runs like a tap, itchy throat, top of the mouth gets bruised from trying to itch it with my tongue, a cough, watery eyes, really itchy inner ears and the sneezing it horrendous. I started at 140mg, it did nothing, I then took 180mg and got some relief but not enough so I added nasal spray and eye drops. I’m still suffering so now take 2x180mg (which is not recommended) and will finally get relief. Thinking of switching brands to something else because I just can’t get relief with this product.

Purchased in November 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for A$20.00.

Side Effects
  • None
Symptom ReliefModerate Improvement
Symptoms RelievedItchiness and Sneezing

AMPSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not working atcall

Took it to help with post cold symptoms. Main issue was itchy throat and hacking non productive cough.

Never administered before.

Useless product.

I would not recommend you purchase this product at all.

Purchased at Chemist Warehouse for A$30.00.

Side Effects
  • None
Used forIsolated Symptoms

Sure thing.

Hilarys_Dad

Hilarys_Dad

More side effects than competing formulations and nowhere near 24 hour relief

Purchased in September 2020.

Side Effects
  • Mild side effects
Symptoms RelievedCongestion

Tracie

Tracie

180 only lasting about 12 hours now

I have used these for probably 12 months now everyday. I used to think they were a godsend however the last few months they only last for 12 or 14 hours and I'm having to take another one and use a nasal spray. Is it possible to build a resistance do You think?

Purchased at Chemist Warehouse.

Side Effects
  • None
Symptoms RelievedCongestion, Itchiness, Sneezing and Watery Eyes
Used forAnimal Allergies, Dust Allergies, Hayfever and Skin Conditions
B Dyson

B DysonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Works well but not for so long

Took a Telfast180 around 9am and by 1:00pm I’m all stuffy again. So they work...just no way near 24 hours. Stops my eyes going itchy/bloodshot and helps stuffy nose...only wish it worked longer & I don’t want to overdose by taking more than whats prescribed. I did go for a long walk so maybe I’m pushing the boundaries?

I’m allergic to grass seeds & pollens
Drug works quickly & effectively...just not for as long as suggested.
No adverse effects from taking this.
Walked a lot outside so perhaps that’s being too optimistic.

Purchased in November 2019 at Chemist Warehouse.

Side Effects
  • None
Vahid

VahidSouth Australia

Ineffective

I bought a whole pack of this product for my hay fever but it doesn't help me at all..Wasted $30 :( There are no adverse effects though, its just not effective!

Purchased in September 2020 at Chemist Warehouse.

Side Effects
  • None

Life changer

I've suffered with hayfever for as long as I can remember. I'm 40 now and until 5 weeks ago when I was subscribed Telfast, life was pretty miserable as far as hayfever was concerned. My hayfever has completely gone.There's no crazy sneezing, no itchy eyes and no runny nose. Hope these amazing tablets continue to do their magic...10/10

Side Effects
  • Mild side effects
Symptoms RelievedItchiness, Sneezing and Watery Eyes
Used forDust Allergies and Hayfever
Product(s) Used120mg

whats happened to telfast

telfast 180 mg used to be so good worked very well .
tried using them again noticed the new packaging , but have no effect on my itching
have they made other changes to the formula as well as the packaging , very disappointed .
absolute rubbish now , will try something else .

Purchased in April 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for A$21.95.

Side Effects
  • None
Used forSkin Conditions
Jasmin T.

Jasmin T.Sydney, NSW

Doesn't help me at all

I have been getting hayfever since I was a child (now 30y/o). As i have gotten older my hayfever has been getting worse and worse. Unfortunately, Telfast is ineffective for me in relieving my symptoms and has no side effects either.
In saying that however, Telfast did work for me when I was younger but I may have built a tolerance to this and many other antihistamines (if that's possible). Now I get hayfever all year round and more days with than without hayfever in a 7day week, I gave it another try but got no relief. Gave 2 stars because it worked for mean few years ago.

Side Effects
  • None
Used forDust Allergies and Hayfever

TJFL

TJFLAuckland

The only one that works for me

I have chronic hayfever which left unchecked can lead to sinusitis, conjunctivitis and at its worse, bronchitis.
I have tried a number of antihistamines and this is the only one that both works and doesn’t make me drowsy.
Works within 24 hours.
The only negatives are the high price and a settling-in period where I feel a bit wakeful.

Purchased in March 2020.

Side Effects
  • Mild side effects
Symptoms RelievedCongestion, Sneezing and Watery Eyes
Product(s) Used120mg
Jo-Anne T.

Jo-Anne T.Central Queensland, QLD

Antihistamine you can't live without

This antihistamine is awesome. I can take a dose just once a day and get great relief from sneezing, sinus pain, itchy eyes and other itches. I love it because it does not make me drowsy and I can function throughout my day.

Purchased in February 2020.

Side Effects
  • None
Symptoms RelievedCongestion, Headaches, Itchiness, Sneezing and Watery Eyes

Hi Jo-Anne,
Thank you kindly for your feedback, we appreciate your comments. For more information about Telfast products and hayfever allergies in general, you can visit our website, https://telfast.com.au/.

Mystery Z.

Mystery Z.South East Queensland, QLD

Doesn’t make me drowsy!!! Many other brands do.

Effective. Helps greatly. My favourite benefit is that it does not make me sleepy or groggy. I don’t feel drugged when I use this brand which is a huge advantage.

Purchased at Chemist Warehouse.

Side Effects
  • None
Symptoms RelievedItchiness and Watery Eyes
Used forAnimal Allergies, Dust Allergies, Hayfever and Skin Conditions

Hi there,

MKK

MKKCentral Queensland, QLD

Does NOT work like it used to...

Used the last of the green label Telfast which has always worked very well for me for years...could notice my sinuses and lungs decongesting within 40 min of an allergy attack. I would only have to take 1 per day in the case of hay fever or mould spore issues. My wife bought the new stuff from the local chemist as that is all that is available. The new stuff does not work for me at all now or very, very little. I find it strange that the old stuff worked for me in January, and the new box opened in February doesn't.

Purchased in February 2020.

Side Effects
  • None
Symptoms RelievedCongestion, Itchiness, Sneezing and Watery Eyes
marascole

marascoleGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Lasts 3 hours - tops.

Just as others have stated I am not getting much relief from this medication and certainly not 24 hours. I know as soon as I am getting breakthrough and somewhere between 3-4 hours I started sneezing again.

The responders from Telfast seem to claim that nothing has changed from its original formula which prompts the only conclusion to be that it is a psychosomatic response to people believing something is ‘different’ when the changed packaging or somehow convincing themselves that it’s not as good or the same, however I have never taken Telfast previously in any form as my condition (sneezing, post nasal drip) is recent.

I think I will have to investigate another medication to get relief.

Purchased in November 2019 at Chemist Warehouse.

Side Effects
  • None
Symptoms RelievedCongestion and Sneezing
Used forHayfever and Isolated Symptoms
Lynette M.

Lynette M.Far North Queensland, QLD

Does not work anymore

Telfast used to work for me now does not a lot. I have noticed this since the new packaging. I had a telfast from the old packaging in my handbag took it the other day and I cant believe the difference. It helped so fast. Like it used to. Something must have changed. Has it. ?

Purchased in September 2019 at Amcal Atherton .

Side Effects
  • Long term physical illness
  • Mild side effects
  • None
  • Poor mental health
  • Short-term physical illness
Used forDust Allergies

Oskar C.

Oskar C.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Does not work at all

Used the Telfast 180 this year, does not relieve any of the hayfever symptoms at all. Not even for an hour. It just takes your money and does nothing. Just avoid it.

Purchased in September 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for A$29.00.

Side Effects
  • None
Product(s) Used180mg

Not bad - 2 seconds in...

It did exactly as the magical purple box claimed - relieved my hay-fever symptoms FAST. Even passed it on to 2 of my colleagues who were also in struggletown.
Well done Telfast - you weapon. <3

Purchased in November 2019 at Chemist Australia for A$14.50.

Side Effects
  • None
Symptoms RelievedCongestion, Headaches, Itchiness, Sneezing and Watery Eyes
Chloe B.

Chloe B.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I used to not be able to live without telfast but since its been in the new purple , does not last 24 hours at all

I used to not be able to live without telfast but since its been in the new purple packaging it doesnt work the same, will definitely be changing to another brand which is such a shame because it used to work so well for me, and apparently this new purple packaging is meant to stand out but I find the old green and white box stood out more

Purchased in November 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for A$29.99.

Side Effects
  • None
Symptoms RelievedItchiness and Sneezing
Lily

LilyNSW, 2150

Telfast 12 hour

Tried the same product in purple packaging but got the 12 hour version. It lasts me maybe half that time. I have to say that it's effective at reducing my symptoms by about 70%, but not eliminating them. So it does offer relief from the worst of it, but I've switched to another brand that uses a different ingredient to try get better results.

Symptom ReliefModerate Improvement
Symptoms RelievedItchiness, Sneezing and Watery Eyes
Product(s) Used60mg
Clare C.

Clare C.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disappointing for a long-term user

I've had Telfast for years and it's been working great. However with this new purple package, it's said 1 capsule for 24 hours. I had to had 3 within 8 hours to keep my eyes open. Still I talked like a person with severe flu and cannot control sneezing. Each capsule could only work for max 3 hours and only offered 30% of previous effect. I will go to buy some other brand and sorry for myself who bought 2 boxes of Telfast last week without testing it.

Purchased in October 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for A$29.95.

Side Effects
  • None

Elizabeth P.

Elizabeth P.asked

Is it safe to take 2 180mg Telfast tablets in 24 hours ? 1 in the morning and 1at bedtime ?.

Hi Elizabeth,

Thank you for your question. The recommended dose is 1 tablet daily as required, or 1 tablet to be taken every 24 hours as needed. If you would like more information we encourage you to ask your doctor or healthcare professional any questions you have about Telfast, or alternatively you can free call our medical helpline on 1800 818 806.

Patricia

Patriciaasked

Hi I had this itchy hot rash in mid 2018 and on n off I still will get it. My GP prescribed Cortic-DS 1% and also taking 180mg telfast normally have to use the cream n take tablets for 5-7dys before it will completely cure. After 7dys should I still continue to take telfast to make sure that the rash will not appear again. Thanks

Heloise F.

Heloise F.asked

I was going to purchase a pack of Claratyne because it had worked on me in the past but the salesperson at Chemist Warehouse highly recommended this product which made me to change my mind and I regret so much for doing so. I am now on my 12th day with no relief at all whatsoever. I am suffering every day hoping for some relief but does not look like it is forthcoming. Very, very disappointed and will not buy again. Always stick to what you know.

john marshall

yes my wife used to swear by telfast but no longer , since they changed to a new look packaging , we feel they also changed the formula somewhat , no longer effective .
for myself I found Zyrtec to be the most effective as I have long term hayfever . Zyrtec works well for long term relief , plus it is available on ebay quite cheap which is a help .

Get an answer from our members and Telfast representatives

CategoryAntihistamines