Telfast

See the Best Antihistamines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Symptom Relief
    • No Effect (5)
    • Mild Improvement (4)
    • Significant Improvement (2)
    • Moderate Improvement (1)
  • Used for:
    • Hayfever (12)
    • Skin Conditions (2)
    • Dust Allergies (1)
    • Isolated Symptoms (1)
  • Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)
  • Side Effects
    • None (11)
    • Mild side effects (1)
    • Poor mental health (1)
    • Short-term physical illness (1)
    • Long term physical illness (1)
  • Symptoms Relieved
    • None Relieved (7)
    • Headaches (1)

marascole

marascoleGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Lasts 3 hours - tops.

Just as others have stated I am not getting much relief from this medication and certainly not 24 hours. I know as soon as I am getting breakthrough and somewhere between 3-4 hours I started sneezing again.

The responders from Telfast seem to claim that nothing has changed from its original formula which prompts the only conclusion to be that it is a psychosomatic response to people believing something is ‘different’ when the changed packaging or somehow convincing themselves that it’s not as good or the same, however I have never taken Telfast previously in any form as my condition (sneezing, post nasal drip) is recent.

I think I will have to investigate another medication to get relief.

Purchased in November 2019 at Chemist Warehouse.

Side Effects
  • None
Symptoms RelievedCongestion and Sneezing
Used for: Hayfever and Isolated Symptoms

Lynette M.

Lynette M.Far North Queensland, QLD

Does not work anymore

Telfast used to work for me now does not a lot. I have noticed this since the new packaging. I had a telfast from the old packaging in my handbag took it the other day and I cant believe the difference. It helped so fast. Like it used to. Something must have changed. Has it. ?

Purchased in September 2019 at Amcal Atherton .

Side Effects
  • Long term physical illness
  • Mild side effects
  • None
  • Poor mental health
  • Short-term physical illness
Used for: Dust Allergies
Oskar C.

Oskar C.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Does not work at all

Used the Telfast 180 this year, does not relieve any of the hayfever symptoms at all. Not even for an hour. It just takes your money and does nothing. Just avoid it.

Purchased in September 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $29.00.

Side Effects
  • None
Product(s) Used180mg

Not bad - 2 seconds in...

It did exactly as the magical purple box claimed - relieved my hay-fever symptoms FAST. Even passed it on to 2 of my colleagues who were also in struggletown.
Well done Telfast - you weapon. <3

Purchased in November 2019 at Chemist Australia for $14.50.

Side Effects
  • None
Symptom ReliefSignificant Improvement
Symptoms RelievedCongestion, Headaches, Itchiness, Sneezing and Watery Eyes

Chloe B.

Chloe B.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I used to not be able to live without telfast but since its been in the new purple , does not last 24 hours at all

I used to not be able to live without telfast but since its been in the new purple packaging it doesnt work the same, will definitely be changing to another brand which is such a shame because it used to work so well for me, and apparently this new purple packaging is meant to stand out but I find the old green and white box stood out more

Purchased in November 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $29.99.

Side Effects
  • None
Symptoms RelievedItchiness and Sneezing

Lily

LilyNSW, 2150

Telfast 12 hour

Tried the same product in purple packaging but got the 12 hour version. It lasts me maybe half that time. I have to say that it's effective at reducing my symptoms by about 70%, but not eliminating them. So it does offer relief from the worst of it, but I've switched to another brand that uses a different ingredient to try get better results.

Symptom ReliefModerate Improvement
Symptoms RelievedItchiness, Sneezing and Watery Eyes
Product(s) Used60mg

Clare C.

Clare C.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disappointing for a long-term user

I've had Telfast for years and it's been working great. However with this new purple package, it's said 1 capsule for 24 hours. I had to had 3 within 8 hours to keep my eyes open. Still I talked like a person with severe flu and cannot control sneezing. Each capsule could only work for max 3 hours and only offered 30% of previous effect. I will go to buy some other brand and sorry for myself who bought 2 boxes of Telfast last week without testing it.

Purchased in October 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $29.95.

Side Effects
  • None

Smart R.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Telfast 180

Have used "Z.....C" previously with great results - picked up telfast - all I can say is rubbish - took one at 7.00 this morning and the nose and eyes haven't stopped running.

Purchased in October 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $15.00.

Side Effects
  • None
Smart R.

I've attempted to call your company and selected opt 3 but then only listened to a message saying that there was noone to take the call - please leave a msg - which i did with my contact number. That was over 24 hrs ago!

Greg Justyna K

Greg Justyna KTarneit

Does NOT work! Taking twice a day and still running nose, sneezing , watering eyes, this product is rubbish!!!

Telfast doesnt work for me! Been talking it for 2 weeks! Runny nose, sneezing , watery eyes, I'm taking twice a day and still nothing! Last year works, but not this year! Dont know whats going on.

Purchased in October 2019.

Side Effects
  • None
TelfastTelfast

Does not work waste of money, has not worked for my family.

We used to use this product because my husband works in gardening maintenance and landscaping and is not working at all, is has not worked for me or my sister and the rest of the family.

Purchased at Chemist Warehouse for $28.00.

Used for: Hayfever and Skin Conditions

Muzzie1993

Muzzie1993AU

Great antihistamine

Got a 60 tablet pack of Telfast 180 mg
Works really well No more Eye issues very happy with product
Been using Telfast in the Past !!
Much better than zyrtec normally
runny nose gone and no more Eye Issues now

Purchased in October 2019 at Direct Chemist Outlet for $28.99.

Side Effects
  • None
Symptom ReliefSignificant Improvement
Symptoms RelievedSneezing and Watery Eyes
Used for: Hayfever and Skin Conditions

Hi Muzzie1993,
Thank you kindly for your feedback, we appreciate your comments. For more information about Telfast products and hayfever allergies in general, you can visit our website, https://telfast.com.au/.
Many thanks,
The Telfast Team

Smith58

Smith58Hunter Region, NSW

DOESN'T WORK!

Tried this brand for a change. It doesn't work. Took 2 this morning and still sneezing, itchy eyes and nose. Watery nose dripping like a tap. They don't last for 24 hours, they don't even work.

Purchased in September 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $29.99.

Side Effects
  • None

kristin

kristinSouthwest, VIC

Does not last 24 hours like it states on the packet

I get hayfever with itchy eyes, stuffy nose and phlegm stuck in my throat.
Bought Telfast 120mg 24 he relief and I've been on it a few days.
Took one at 2pm yesterday afternoon and took another one at 9am this morning because my eye was itchy.
That's 5 hours short of 24 hours.
Paying for a product that claims to last 24 hours and dosnt even last 19 hours has put me off and Il think Il try another brand

Purchased in April 2019 for $13.00.

Side Effects
  • None
Symptoms RelievedItchiness
Product(s) Used120mg

Geoffffffffy

GeoffffffffyMid North Coast, NSW

Does not make any difference and Telfast shut down the cash back

Tried to claim the rebate cash back when I returned after the after the holiday period , well guess what Telfast have shut it down on 7th January. Do not buy this dumb product.

berzy

berzy

Cashback

Telfast advertises a $7 cashback but when you try and claim it the website is faulty either it is designed to be faulty so you cant claim or it is faulty so you cant claim. The product in general is ok.

Rash (or is it hives)

I got again, Telfast does the trick. I take 2 on the first day...one at, say 7am, the other 6pm.
The 2nd one knocks me around a bit, I get dizzy when I get off my chair & gives me heartburn.
The following day I only take one. And on the 3rd day another & I'm back to normal

Vash

Vash

Doesn't work for 24 hours

We bought the 24 hour 120mg pack for our son. He took it in the morning and by the afternoon his symptoms began to return. By the late afternoon they were worse than they were in the morning before the telfast.

Product(s) Used120mg

Bern

Cash back site constantly down

I have now purchased 2boxes and on both occasions tried to claim online and it fails at the end saying ‘ sorry something went wrong and our server is down’ what a joke . Back to Zyrtec.

kat

kat

Not working at all

It started out well by working for abbout 8 hrs even though it is supposed to protect for 24 hrs. Then gradually it lost its effect. After a week an half, it has stopped working completely.

De Quincey

De QuinceyMelbourne

Really fast acting!

I get allergies in the summer and because of cats. I take a Telfast and that seriously disappears. The allergies I have to cats disappear! I don't get welts, itchy skin or asthma! Really worth looking into if you're uncomfortable due to allergies.