Telstra TV

• Reliability

Good but just two flaws

I like this product it’s good but with 2 flaws
1. It doesn’t work well with wifi extenders
2. Remote Goes through batteries very quick in a month I have had to replace the batteries 10 times

Purchased in July 2020 at Telstra Stores for $300.00.

ijones

ijonesNorth-West & West coast, TAS

A gross disappointment.

I should have known getting something from Telstra free would disappoint me. When I opened the box and saw it had no audio ports I almost sent it back.
Having lots of apps is good but when I watch movies I want the great sound of my sound system and not the tinny TV sound. Then I saw it doesn't record - with memory storage so cheap I was amazed at this lack of function. I hooked it up to the TV in the dining room - I guess my daughter can watch YouTube on it when she's home. So glad I didn't pay for it!!

Purchased in January 2021 at Telstra.

Si

Si

Minus 100

As per usual any product associated with telsta is useless. Customer service is not existent and plans and options are way overpriced to other retailers. When will stupid Australians learn to boycot this company.

Joseph

JosephGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Disappointing.

Continually loses connection and Apps keep logging out. The remote features need a lot of work - a better forward and rewind function would be great as would an easier way of exiting apps.

Claudio

ClaudioGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

No 5.1 Surround Sound :'(

Despite Telstra advertising that the Telstra TV box (3rd Gen) is a 7.1 Surround Sound streaming box, it's not! You can configure all the settings on the box and your AVR but the output is strictly stereo (Left & Right; No Bass).
If you plan to connect this box to only your TV, you will like the ease of use and range of apps though still waiting for Disney +.

Purchased in November 2020 at Telstra Stores.

Rodney JonesSydney, NSW

Happy Customer

Received this unit today. Installation was very easy and the unit is small and discreet.
Concerns:
Gets warm quickly
Remote is okay, was expecting more.
Dislike the cheap purple logo tabs
Positives:
Picture clarity is great
Fast streaming
Offers all apps and more

Purchased in November 2020 at Telstra Rewards .

Unhappy customer

Unhappy customerGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Love our Telstra Tv however the remote goes flat every week

We love our Telstra Tv, however the remote goes flat every week without much warning which is expensive to replace each time and inconvenient when i dont have replacements. I started to use rechargeable batteries as an option, but same thing. They go flat and we have to charge then weekly.

Purchased in December 2019.

MartinNorthern Region, NSW

Waste of time

It cannot record, it always loses channels, needs to be restarted but can only be done by unplugging the power supply as it does not have a power button,expensive contract.and so on if you purchase a video then change provider you loose your purchase that is very disappointing,

Purchased in September 2019 for $200.00.

Happy homeowner

Happy homeowner

What’s it for

Have to pay to watch anything or watch through your own subscriptions. Telstra charged over $200 For this plastic piece of crap. As a charge I didn’t know about when getting nbn internet connected. Smart tv doesn’t need it. Update: it can get live tv if you plug an aerial into it. Still I don’t know why you would need this except to pay to watch Telstra stuff.

Purchased in March 2020 at Telstra.

RLB

RLBSydney, NSW

Great device

It does everything we want. In fact we have two. Simple to use. Had no problem with the T Box and like it’s replacement. One drawback is not being able to record.

Purchased in April 2019 for $200.00.

YourFace1996

YourFace1996Adelaide

A slight improvement over Telstra’s previous offerings

Telstra TV Gen 3 is the second streaming device I’ve received in a bundle from Telstra; my first was a T-box, which I’m sorry to say was absolute rubbish!
It streams all the usual stuff like all free-to-air television channels (it falls back onto an online stream if antenna signal is too weak, which is handy), Netflix, Stan, YouTube, Amazon Prime and Hayu. The Roku user interface is easy to get around once you know how.
Although it does occasionally slow down and freeze, I think this would be mitigated with more onboard RAM.

Purchased in February 2019 at Telstra.

mirna

mirnaSydney, NSW

Apps are limited and system experiences moderate lag

The controls on the unit are very limited so if you lose the remote you need to get a new one. The app installed on my phone which connects to the TV seems to require connection via the remote first so this is kind of pointless. There is still no Disney+ and this has been promised for a while now. The software needs an update and it sometimes lags. The device is not always responsive to the remote and you need to press down for more than a few seconds to receive a response. Overall, the interface is ok, however I would love if there was an option to add my favourite apps to the home screen for ease of access. I wouldn't recommend this product, considering the price point and the other competitor products out there.

Purchased in September 2019 at telstra for $150.00.

Annoyed

AnnoyedPerth, WA

Shocker!

Constantly rebooting,
Constant freezing.
Great amount of lag between sound and picture. Complete and utter waste of money. Remote chews through the batteries. Half the time the thing doesnt even recognize commands.

Purchased in November 2019.

Jeff Ballinger

Jeff BallingerSydney, NSW

Still no Disney+

Ok, some of it is ok but the system is slow and clunky and inferior to Foxtel. My main gripe is Disney+ still isn't on it. Why is this and why won't Telstra reply to my Facebook message answering my question on this.

Jadeelizabeth

JadeelizabethQueensland

Love it!

We have an older tv, so the Telstra tv is amazing as it has most of the apps that we use. We recently bought the advanced remote as the original broke and Telstra didn’t replace it. It’s a lot better than the original remote as it’s through WiFi. The only down side is it doesn’t have all apps like Disney+ which is disappointing.

Purchased in January 2017 at Telstra.

mamaluchka47

mamaluchka47Sydney, NSW

Shocking environmental attitude by Telstra!

Shame on Telstra for asking customers, when cancelling this service, to dump their TV app and associated NBN apps, to end up in landfill and further poison our environment! Not only that, but I was also charged a hefty sum for cancellation of this service!

Purchased in June 2019.

Be careful not to breathe too closely to the remote. You might accidentally change channels.

Remote has bipolar.
Do not like remote Sam I am, do not like it no no no. Do not like how when I look at you, that you feel the need to change my show.

Watcher

WatcherNortheast, VIC

Quality of sound on Telstra TV3

We find it hard to pick up what is being said on Netflix shows through Telstratv3. Bought a sound bar but that made no difference so wondering if others have had similar problems

Purchased in February 2020 at Telstra Wangaratta .

Nathan

NathanMitchell 2911, ACT

Absolutely rubbish, only have it as locked into a contract. Full of glitches, always resetting it trying to get it to go

Full of glitches, normal free to air tv barely works due to the glitches. Always resetting and starting again. Telstra is terrible for service, will never be using them again.

Purchased in February 2018.

CJH

CJHSouthern and Hills, SA

TelstraTV ....it is the most frustrating thing ever

Purchased in April 2019 for $200.00.