Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Electric Steam

Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Electric Steam

Does not last

Do yourself a favor and read reviews from different sites.
Sterilizer stopped working within 5 months.
Item was cleaned following instructions by Tommee Tippee.
Regardless Tommee Tippee blame you and offer no warranty.
Works great until you come across this very common problem.

Purchased in July 2018 at Amazon for $150.00.

Stopped working, not even 3 weeks use.

Steriliser stopped working after only less than 3 weeks use. They won’t offer refund but will send you a replacement. Have now waited over 4 weeks for that after being told it would take 5-7 days. Not receiving any response to follow up emails. Don’t waste your money. Poor quality product and poor quality customer service.

Purchased in January 2019.

Does the job!

I have had this bottle steamer for almost 5 months now and use it every single day. I love it. I havent had any issues with the button like other reviewers....
My unit has a black base (not white as per picture), and holds max of 5 bottles. It steams in about 10mins, and I like knowing the bottles are clean and sterile ready for my daughter. I have the whole tommee tippee range and have not had any issues with any of the products and best of all my daughter loves them all too!

Save your money - stick with a microwave one

All the sterilisers with these heating elements eventually will get damaged or rust no matter how well you take care of it. I had the first generation one as a hand me down from a friend. Every time I used it I would get brown water. After a couple of months it started shorting our electricity. So I bought a new one, Gen2. It was great for 2 months, and I descaled regularly but the heating element once again started getting dark black marks and the water would go brown and there would be stuff on the element after every use. They were good about it and offered a refund or replacement.. I took the refund and got a microwave one.

I absolutely Love it!

I originally had the bug bulky white one, which was absolutely horrible! it got black/brown at on the heating plate which i could never get off!

I upgraded last week to the 2017 model, its smaller ( con is it holds a little less), but i absolutely love it,

Just make sure you wipe it down after every use and drain excess water otherwise it will go yucky.

Its quick to steralise and I love how it uses water only and not any products.

Some people really dont like it, but ive had no problems because I keep it clean.

Definitely do not buy

Worked great to begin with. Until the water started turning brown/black with black wholes in the in heat plate. I sent it back the tommee tippee to be told after 4 months that it was my fault when I only ever used vinegar and a sponge. Do not buy this product as they don’t care about you as the customer and like to blame customers for there faulty product.

Horrendous

My first unit had an issue with the button and the centre piece slipped down and got burnt. I had the unit replaced and was told the sticky button was common in that unit - grrrr! Second unit is 5 months old. Button is slightly sticky but not too bad. Clip has broken off the bottom of the centre piece and the heat plate has corroded. I noticed black marks on the heat plate and sent pics to TT. Their response thus far has been that it was my fault and I must have used a corrosive product on it. Incorrect - only used vinegar per instructions. They proceeded to advise that I must have cleaned it too much. Also incorrect. So they decided instead that I didn’t clean it enough! Following up with Consumer Tribunal as I don’t think that response is satisfactory. Do not buy it !!!!!!!!!!

Do not buy!!

I was using the tommee tippee sterilizer for 9 months and the button ended up burning, lucky it didnt burn down the house! I complained and they only said sorry we cant replace it but please discontinue it! Its a joke!! They should atleast last the year! Wouldnt recommend it!

Don’t waste your money!

I brought the Tommie Tippee Steriliser thinking it was a good brand. After a couple months of using the heat pad began to turn black in certain spots. I contacted the Careline. They asked for an explanation on how I use the machine which I explained through email. I followed the instructions on how to sterilise.
I was told the heat pad corroded. They didn’t warn me it was no longer safe for my baby bottles! I had to ask! They refuse to fix/repair it as they claim it only breaks if you do not clean it their way...but it was already determined I followed their cleaning protocol perfectly! So I was pretty much called a liar! And told to buy a new one.

DO NOT RECOMMEND!!HORRIBLE!! NOT WORTH IT!!

I have had my Tommie Tippee Steriliser for 5months now and since the beginning it has left a brown colour almost like a burn on the bottom of the steriliser. A few days ago the machine just wouldn't turn off leaving a burning smell. I contacted the Careline. They asked for an explanation on how I use the machine which I explained through email. I followed the instructions on how to sterilise but they were not one bit interested in fixing it or sending a replacement even though it was still under warranty. Instead they said they could not help any further. Very dissapointed!!! Customer service was not there. They only care for sales! Do not recommend!!

Does the job

Have been using this for our bottle fed bub and at first I didn’t like it because the element smelt burnt however after using for 2 months I’m pretty happy. It’s much more convenient that boiling and cleans better than using the Milton tablets. I now just make sure that I put more water in than the line indicates and wipe clean the element after every use.

Big and Bulky

This steamer is perfect for cleaning numerous bottles at once. But dont be in a rush, it takes more then 5 minutes to complete. Its big and Bulky and takes up alot of room on the bench top lucky we have alot of bench space keep this put.of the rode of everything.

Just got to remember to clean and descalr in between wash, if you dont then you get the burnt smell and the bottles sometimes have that smell.

Junk products - not worth the effort

This product and all the other electrical items from Tommee Tippee are not worth the time to use or the effort to find them.
This device didnt work out of the box, their "careline" is unsympathetic to parents and their "3-4 days" to send out a new device took 5 weeks and by that time we had settled into a routine of using a Milton steriliser.

Please don't rely on these devices. I understand that some people like them but all the gifts we got from friends that were Tommee Tippee (electrical items) don't work, have issues or dont work to capacity.
The company knows they only need to make a device that will work for a short amount of time so they make them cheep.

Takes so much space

It took me a while to get used with this steamer, the buttons are not where I expected the to be and I have to move a go around it a little bit to figure where the buttons were. This steamer also takes so much space on my kitchen counter which is a con. :(

If you are buying this, you should have a big space in your kitchen

I love this product because it functions well. I love that the bottles are still sterilized after 24 hours and it is very hygienic because of the big lid that comes with it. The tiny parts of the bottles have places in all the steamer which makes the job easier although a little time consuming when you take them off the steamer. Overall, I think this a great steamer. The size is just big.

It has its downsides..

This product was given to me as a gift to be an alternative to boiling bottles over the stove. However from day one the element browned having a permanent burnt smell even after descaling.

This goes on the bottles and although I would presume they are sterilized, I still need to rise them with boiled water.

It also takes longer then the advertised 5 minutes cycle time. About 10-15 minutes instead.

Love it

Love this product very fast and reliable only thing I have noticed is I can't seem to find any rescaling tablets anywhere for this so is there is no way of cleaning it unless I use vinegar other than that I'm very happy as I have had it a long time and it has never let me down old but still going strong

Rip off & bad quality!

I loved Tommee Tippee because of their bottles but all the other products are so poor quality. Bought the electric steriliser in a pack so it was not cheap.
Two weeks ago I bought it, the water had gone brown, the hot plate has burned the plastic at the bottom of the bottle stands, it has left a very sour smelling stench almost like vinegar on my bottles & its sticky! Very disappointed :( I rang TT but they just told me to clean it another way or try and return it to my store I bought it :/

Brilliant product!

After much deliberation we purchased the Tommee Tippee Electric Steam device. The product is easy to use and clean and the bottles cleaned exceptionally well. The thing I like the most about the device is the assurance that the bottles are cleaned to an exceptionally standard. I highly recommend this to mums that are busy and need to ensure that their babies bottles are cleaned to a high and safe standard.

It steams, it cleans.

Brought this in a pack with bottles and cleaning brush, this is amazing steamer, i tired it at the hospital and couldnt wait to go home and use mine. I have descaled with white vinger and then steamed it with no bottles and works a treat. My bottles are so clean, no funny smells and this is so easy to use.

Does it fit all sized bottles?
It's made for their bottles so you can put others but mine always seemed to tip over if they were skinnier or smaller type ones

The items never seem to dry out once they've been sterilised. I'm only 22 and pretty naive when it comes to this kind of thing, but doesn't that defeat the purpose of serializing if it has to sit around wet afterwards. I was drying them out with a clean tea towel after sterilising, but again I feel as though it defeating the purpose and introducing more germs. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!
I just fill up with cooled boiled water as soon as they have finished in the sterilizer so they are ready to use (the water that stays in is like boiled water so safe for bubs as made from the steam)

My Tommie tippee sterilizer, the little grey plate inside seems like its got a brown look to it and looks like little black dots appearing. Is that normal? And after descaling did u rinse out the vinegar a couple times to get rid of the smell?
Merry Christmas Connie C, I found the black dots initially however they soon disappeared after cleaning it with vinegar (or you could use Citric Acid was the other option). I do have discolouring to the heat plate but would think this is normal wear. I've chatted with TT Customer Care and they advised for you to call them direct on their Customer Care Line Freecall: 1800 890 011 (Monday - Friday 9.30am - 3.30pm EST) and they could then offer some specific advice on the product. Hope that helps you out.In regard to the vinegar smell, I normally sterilise it 2-3 times before using it again. The smell does disappear.

Similar listings