Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Electric Steam

Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Electric Steam

See the Best Bottle Warmers & Sterilisers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Andrew JardineMelbourne

Dont Buy Waste Of Money

The product worked well for the first 3 months. At the 3 month mark the product was descaled. The heat pad disintegrated and left a black residue on the bottom of the product. This meant that the capacity fell by half as the bottom shelf could no longer be used. From the 3 month to the 6 month mark the performance of the product became erratic. Sometimes it would work the first time. Other times after the second or third attempt. The cycle times increased. Where it took up to 30 minutes to sterilise the bottles in the end.
At the 6 month mark the product stop working altogether. Save your money buy a microwave steriliser instead!!

Purchased in April 2019 at Target Australia for $100.00.

Arrrhh Hot Plate Disintegrated

Purchased in March 2019 at Target Australia for $120.00.

Bojana J.

Bojana J.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

It’s horrible don’t buy it

This is what discqling looks like, you are dissolving the plate itself ; I thought I got send in the unit from underneath but it’s the unit crumbling from underneath too; I wish I read the reviews beginning purchasing it

Purchased in September 2019 for $50.00.

WARNING: DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT.

Purchased in April 2019 at Baby Bunting Online store for $100.00.

wrxbigbill

wrxbigbillNew South Wales

Warning warning do not buy a tommee tippee steriliser - read all the reviews

Purchased in December 2018 at Target Australia for $109.00.

Pathetic - broke after 2 months.

Tommee Tippee is the most pathetic company I have ever dealt with. My son was born in March and my steriliser broke in May. I rang and was advised to cut the cords and send a photo with the date and my name for it to be replaced. I was given an Australian Post tracking number to track my replacement steriliser, that was never sent. I was advised that sterilisers are out of stock world wide and would be advised when they are back in stock. It is now the end don July and I’ve been offered a LOUSY $75 AUD refund via cheque - that HAS NOT and probably WILL NOT ever arrive. PATHETIC, UNPROFESSIONAL, UNETHICAL company. You should be ashamed of yourself. I’ll tell everyone my story and ensure all my friends never support such a disgusting company.

Purchased in March 2019 at Big W for $150.00.

Mandy

MandyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Perfect and time saving

I love the fact that i can just steam and no need to dry the bottles as the water is sterile so can straight away use the bottle. Easy to use very straight forward usage and handling. The tomee tippee website has all the info on how to clean it. Love the product as it looks stylish as well.

Purchased in February 2019 at Big W Online Store for $125.00.

Don't buy a Tommee Tippee Steriliser - READ ALL THE REVIEWS

Used the steriliser once a day for 8 weeks and it stopped working. De-scaled the heating plate as per the manufacturers instructions and it still stopped working.

Only 8 weeks old and Tommee Tippee won't cover it under warranty and will blame you for damaging it. $150 down the drain, don't waste your money.

Purchased in April 2019 for $150.00.

EL

ELPerth, WA

Do not buy! Lasted only 3 months

Bought and used the electric steriliser on a low average of 1-2 times a week as bub is mainly on breast feeding..
The coating of heat pad melted after 3 months, emailed Customer Service and they blaming me for not descaling the unit, arguing they done extensive test on all their unit bla bla.. and would not offer replacement/repair..
A new unit with minimum usage (p/s - all bottles and parts were cleaned with detergent before sterilise, heating was considered clean most of the time) shouldn't be blamed for melting the heating pad being the essential part of the unit.. if the right material is being used and designed properly!

Am trying to find the lost receipt hoping to check with BigW if they could offer a repair etc..

Purchased in February 2019 for $69.00.

Josh

Josh

Does not last

Do yourself a favor and read reviews from different sites.
Sterilizer stopped working within 5 months.
Item was cleaned following instructions by Tommee Tippee.
Regardless Tommee Tippee blame you and offer no warranty.
Works great until you come across this very common problem.

Purchased in July 2018 at Amazon for $150.00.

Joolziebobs

JoolziebobsDarwin, NT

Stopped working, not even 3 weeks use.

Steriliser stopped working after only less than 3 weeks use. They won’t offer refund but will send you a replacement. Have now waited over 4 weeks for that after being told it would take 5-7 days. Not receiving any response to follow up emails. Don’t waste your money. Poor quality product and poor quality customer service.

Purchased in January 2019.

Charis and Vivian

Charis and VivianMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Does the job!

I have had this bottle steamer for almost 5 months now and use it every single day. I love it. I havent had any issues with the button like other reviewers....
My unit has a black base (not white as per picture), and holds max of 5 bottles. It steams in about 10mins, and I like knowing the bottles are clean and sterile ready for my daughter. I have the whole tommee tippee range and have not had any issues with any of the products and best of all my daughter loves them all too!

Layne

LayneSydney

Save your money - stick with a microwave one

All the sterilisers with these heating elements eventually will get damaged or rust no matter how well you take care of it. I had the first generation one as a hand me down from a friend. Every time I used it I would get brown water. After a couple of months it started shorting our electricity. So I bought a new one, Gen2. It was great for 2 months, and I descaled regularly but the heating element once again started getting dark black marks and the water would go brown and there would be stuff on the element after every use. They were good about it and offered a refund or replacement.. I took the refund and got a microwave one.

Codee.S

Codee.SMaryborough

I absolutely Love it!

I originally had the bug bulky white one, which was absolutely horrible! it got black/brown at on the heating plate which i could never get off!

I upgraded last week to the 2017 model, its smaller ( con is it holds a little less), but i absolutely love it,

Just make sure you wipe it down after every use and drain excess water otherwise it will go yucky.

Its quick to steralise and I love how it uses water only and not any products.

Some people really dont like it, but ive had no problems because I keep it clean.

3 little cherubs

3 little cherubsvictoria, 3825

Definitely do not buy

Worked great to begin with. Until the water started turning brown/black with black wholes in the in heat plate. I sent it back the tommee tippee to be told after 4 months that it was my fault when I only ever used vinegar and a sponge. Do not buy this product as they don’t care about you as the customer and like to blame customers for there faulty product.

Monique

MoniqueJindabyne

Horrendous

Do not buy!!

I was using the tommee tippee sterilizer for 9 months and the button ended up burning, lucky it didnt burn down the house! I complained and they only said sorry we cant replace it but please discontinue it! Its a joke!! They should atleast last the year! Wouldnt recommend it!

Ash L

Ash L

Don’t waste your money!

I brought the Tommie Tippee Steriliser thinking it was a good brand. After a couple months of using the heat pad began to turn black in certain spots. I contacted the Careline. They asked for an explanation on how I use the machine which I explained through email. I followed the instructions on how to sterilise.
I was told the heat pad corroded. They didn’t warn me it was no longer safe for my baby bottles! I had to ask! They refuse to fix/repair it as they claim it only breaks if you do not clean it their way...but it was already determined I followed their cleaning protocol perfectly! So I was pretty much called a liar! And told to buy a new one.

Sarah

SarahSydney

DO NOT RECOMMEND!!HORRIBLE!! NOT WORTH IT!!

I have had my Tommie Tippee Steriliser for 5months now and since the beginning it has left a brown colour almost like a burn on the bottom of the steriliser. A few days ago the machine just wouldn't turn off leaving a burning smell. I contacted the Careline. They asked for an explanation on how I use the machine which I explained through email. I followed the instructions on how to sterilise but they were not one bit interested in fixing it or sending a replacement even though it was still under warranty. Instead they said they could not help any further. Very dissapointed!!! Customer service was not there. They only care for sales! Do not recommend!!

SallyM

SallyMSydney

Does the job

Have been using this for our bottle fed bub and at first I didn’t like it because the element smelt burnt however after using for 2 months I’m pretty happy. It’s much more convenient that boiling and cleans better than using the Milton tablets. I now just make sure that I put more water in than the line indicates and wipe clean the element after every use.

Kathleen W.

Kathleen W.asked

Unit smells burnt after each use, always has the correctcamount of water in it, the smell is through all of my bottles and manual breast pump. Is this safe to use? and are the bottles safe to use for baby?

Andrew Jardine

That question is impossible to answer. It is your baby and only you can decide whether the bottles are safe to use. The smell that is coming from the unit tells me the unit is developing an electrical problem. I would not take the risk. Stop using it. If the unit is still under warranty take it back for a refund.

Ang I

Ang Iasked

Does it fit all sized bottles?

Angry customer

It's made for their bottles so you can put others but mine always seemed to tip over if they were skinnier or smaller type ones

Emma

Emmaasked

The items never seem to dry out once they've been sterilised. I'm only 22 and pretty naive when it comes to this kind of thing, but doesn't that defeat the purpose of serializing if it has to sit around wet afterwards. I was drying them out with a clean tea towel after sterilising, but again I feel as though it defeating the purpose and introducing more germs.
Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

Angry customer

I just fill up with cooled boiled water as soon as they have finished in the sterilizer so they are ready to use (the water that stays in is like boiled water so safe for bubs as made from the steam)

Get an answer from our members and Tommee Tippee representatives