TAL Income Protection Insurance

1.0

Ann

AnnSydney, NSW

Stay away from TAL

They add indexation to your bill every year and when you ask them to remove it, it take forever. They are quick at getting your money but when you contact them, nothing is done. Their employees on phone are nice but the system is broken itself. They only can take notes and you will have to wait for someone else to do something. Then nothing is done at all.

brett H.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

BEWARE: you need to know this for your family

Claim DateJuly 2019
brett H.

TAL have shown no interest in disputing or discussing this review. Maybe they know it’s accurate? FSS, at least, have looked into their processes around this, for which I thank them.

My contract is with FSS. TAL’s contract is with FSS.

Seany

Seany

Didn't deliver when I needed them...

Went to make an insurance claim and was told that, although all premiums were up to date, that because my super hadn't had any contributions the policy was on hold.

Funny, the time you need these insurance companies is the time they're nowhere to found.

Happy to take premiums, not happy to support their customer.

Insurance through super is another fraud we accept as normal! don't waste your super balance on them.

Irish 57

Irish 57Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

TPD and Death insurance in your super with TAL.

Claim DateOctober 2016
Rich

RichSouth East Queensland, QLD

Toxic culture of discrimination and avoidance

TAL Insurance sells insurance products but not to everyone. The moment they discovered my relative had Parkinson's disease they did not hesitate to discriminate against him and decline to cover him. You can consider yourself lucky if these people will insure you or even pay a claim as they are so discriminating.

lpaul

lpaulGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Horrible customer service

Got in touch with the customer service as I was not able to open the insurance confirmation document as some one had screwed up the date of birth. The lady was rude and extremely unhelpful.

SB

SBMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

They are refusing to cancel the policy and this is turning into harassment by this company

Do NOT use this company....
The product was sold to me by the Bank YBR who have been harassing me since. I have tried to cancel this with TAL and they have refused. Do not waste your time with this company!

Avoid!!!

They will make up any reason to not pay you what u pay ur insurance for. Looks like I’m going to be in a long fight. Avoid unless you like giving strangers money

Kareena

Claim DateDecember 2018
Fi Fi

Fi FiRichmond-Tweed, NSW

This is not income protection this is Matthew Guildea, beware

I hope this name will not come up in the future if anyone does their homework over the name supported by TAL and other finance/super companies. Past behaviour reflects future behaviour in my opinion (not futures for you). Good luck with anyone who choose dealings with Matthew Guildea, please be diligent over his many companies in history over several decades. Google it!! You have been informed, my personal opinion.

Danni

Danni

No stars wasn't possible

Rude and totally unhelpful over the phone. Never received details of my coverage as requested numerous timed. Never advised when they would start the policy from just found I was short money in my bank account. Wanted the policy cancelled immediately as they weren't worth receiving my money and so I could get some money back like all other insurance. But the future dated to the supposed day the policy started so they could collect the full months premium!
No tax statement received either.
Hate to see what they were like making a claim!

Gareth G.

Gareth G.

Less than one star to be quite honest

Extortionate premium increases experienced by myself and my wife. We cancelled our policy and jumped ship to another IP insurance provider and halved our premiums overnight. Oh and don't expect to get end of tax year statements from them - plan that one well in advance as it is beyond their operators.

Extremely rude from staff to the manager Sharon in Sydney

Called them just now to get a policy schedule and they were utterly rude and no help what so ever told me to send them an email then I spoke to the Manager in Sydney Sharon who was just as rude. They palm you off and don't want to help you and just tell you to ring someone else.

sunny

sunnyperth

Lazy customer service

I have asked 3 times to cancel my policy with tal insurance with no reply i have been waiting nearly two weeks to get them to cancel my policy.
Bad service

Janet

JanetGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very disappointed when transfer super insurance, long process and failed to get reply

Policy was expensive, under writers are inconsistent despite same TAL to another super. Refused to match coverage despite no claims when transferring to a other super. Biased over age 30 and above with strict assessment. Been with them for 8 years over, when transfer to another fund refused. Claim once on IP 7 years ago DUE TO WORK BULLY and WAS refused TPD UNLESS undergo strict reassessment, lower units allowance and same high fees. Complete nightmare treatment from TAL.

Claim DateFebruary 2014
Claim ApprovedYes
Andy

AndyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

TAL Opens a policy without my knowledge

1. I shut down my income protection policy with TAL over 12 months ago.
2. TAL, unbeknown to me, retained my credit card details.
3. This year, without my knowledge or permission, they opened another policy under my name and charged my card.
4. They now refuse to refund the entire amount. Essentially, I’ve had to engage the regulators in attempting to get the money that they stole from my account.

Claim DateMarch 2019
Andrew L

Andrew L

Very disappointed

I applied for my wife to have life insurance through her super it was rejected because she had a hysterectomy. I will now cancel my policy with TAL and take my and my wife's business elsewhere

Hunney

HunneySouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst insurance company i have ever encountered

Insurance claim madeYes

brett H.asked

Is TAL the insurer for First State Super (as claimed by FSS) or are they just contracted to make recommendations to FSS’s Board of Trustees for life insurance claims, including terminal illness and total permanent disability (as claimed by TAL)??? Just want to know the legal/contractual relationship between TAL, FSS and myself.

gazzaasked

i am on income protection for a lower back injury i have had an operation to fuse my back i will not be able to go back to my pre injury work which is heavy construction that i took the policy out for.what happens next?

Tony.
Tony.

If you are insured with tal, get ready to be screwed over! Do not trust them for a second! They will turn anything you say around on you to avoid your claim regardless of how valid your claim is! Like me, your only option may be the financial ombudsman service which may be just as hopeless . Good luck!

gazza

hi garry again thanks tony do you think seeking legal advice against onepath is a better option as i now have letters from my surgeon and doctor stating i will no longer be able to work as i have bladder problems and numbness from left hip down to ankle which is causing me to limp and cause severe pain

Lost Everything
Lost Everything

Gazza Tony ,I have been fighting for 14yrs and I expect will die fighting TAL, they are thieves and liars , they have cost me ,my business ,my staff there jobs, my house ,car ,girlfriend,and all my assets to fight them ,a very difficult and soul destroying thing having brain injury and spinal injuries and having to deal with ignorant ,arrogant TAL staff. So I don't like your chances
(Lost Everything)