TAL Income Protection Insurance

TAL Income Protection Insurance

See the Best Income Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for TAL Income Protection Insurance? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.0
  • Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (1)
    • 3+ months (9)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (3) · No (9)
 Clark
ClarkGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Atrocious

39 year old male who does not smoke or drink.
Declined insurance insurance based on being type 2 diabetic despite being fit and healthy.
Appalling service. But this conglomerate does not care about reviews, or customer service, or people. Just look at the reviews and employees reviews.

Bill
BillMelbourne

Do not trust TAL. Deceptive

Read the fine print as the insurance is geared towards them and impossible to access despite me becoming blind. Get yourself a good lawyer as you'll need them. It's not worth the paper it's written on.

Jeff C
Jeff CMid North Coast, NSW

Be very careful they increased my premium by 17.27%

Premium quoted 4 weeks ago = $1778.48
Premium charded today = $2085.25 increaded 17.27%
Explanation - CPI + Price increase.
Be very careful of TAL. Charged me at 9 am I am cancelling the same day and they are disputing a full refund.

Dirty deeds done dirt cheap by TAL If l could give less than one star l would.

TAL is the worst experience I've ever had with any financial institution they are dishonest and deceitful dealers who have almost wrecked my life.
This is the second claim I've had to make against them the 1st was 2018 with the AFCA which ended in my favor and this one will too.
Don't be afraid of insurance companies like TAL if you are in the right fight them don't be defeated.

J S.
J S.

Disgusting lies

Jim
JimGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Discrimination, liars, no customer service skills what do ever.

I wasn’t even aware I was insured through tal, it wasn’t until I went to a solicitor to check my claim that I found out. Forget tal & Bendigo bank, liars

Cheesed off21
Cheesed off21South East Queensland, QLD

So far not so good for me, these reviews have got me worried

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019

Been with tower for over 10 years just to be let down

Whatev
WhatevGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

had to cancel 3 times and still don't know if they will stop taking my money

We cancelled our life insurance 3 months ago following advice from a financial advisor. They cancelled my husband's but not mine. We then rang again and they said they would cancel and we even got an email asking for feedback as to why we cancelled and also that we would get back our last payment which they took after cancellation. A few weeks on and no sign of the refund and today I got an email re the anniversary notice, which tells me they still haven't cancelled. Had to ring yet again - was told it is in the process of cancellation but they can't give me a time frame - maybe by mid next week! It is inefficient and painful dealing with this company - definitely don't recommend.

bunker90
bunker90

Outrageous conduct

After years of underwriting the life/tpd and income protection insurance and many thousands of my dollars spent on those policies (never claimed either) this mob have opted to increase their premiums by some 250%. Yes, that's correct, 250%. I'd urge anyone considering them to look elsewhere, I certainly have.

Claim Made No
Irish 57
Irish 57Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

You can't win against them even the government department complaints tribunals favour them

Mark
MarkGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Waist of money

Took 6 months and then they only paid me for a month & I was off work for 7 months waist of money what a drama to get that. Never again

Wajdi H.
Wajdi H.

Insurance was cancelled with no Authority!!!

Adrienne Gilligan
Adrienne GilliganGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

BE AWARE

The most appalling service. Have lost touch completely with customer care and continuity. I agree the system is broken. You can't get your own money out of them. Almost impossible.

brett H.asked

Is TAL the insurer for First State Super (as claimed by FSS) or are they just contracted to make recommendations to FSS’s Board of Trustees for life insurance claims, including terminal illness and total permanent disability (as claimed by TAL)??? Just want to know the legal/contractual relationship between TAL, FSS and myself.

Adam W.
Adam W.

TAL pays the income protection for 7 years if your a injured police officer. Thank god I got out under the old scheme.

brett H.

New scheme for all public sector workers is inadequate

gazzaasked

i am on income protection for a lower back injury i have had an operation to fuse my back i will not be able to go back to my pre injury work which is heavy construction that i took the policy out for.what happens next?

Tony.
Tony.

If you are insured with tal, get ready to be screwed over! Do not trust them for a second! They will turn anything you say around on you to avoid your claim regardless of how valid your claim is! Like me, your only option may be the financial ombudsman service which may be just as hopeless . Good luck!

gazza

hi garry again thanks tony do you think seeking legal advice against onepath is a better option as i now have letters from my surgeon and doctor stating i will no longer be able to work as i have bladder problems and numbness from left hip down to ankle which is causing me to limp and cause severe pain

Lost Everything
Lost Everything

Gazza Tony ,I have been fighting for 14yrs and I expect will die fighting TAL, they are thieves and liars , they have cost me ,my business ,my staff there jobs, my house ,car ,girlfriend,and all my assets to fight them ,a very difficult and soul destroying thing having brain injury and spinal injuries and having to deal with ignorant ,arrogant TAL staff. So I don't like your chances
(Lost Everything)