TP-Link MR6400

TP-Link MR6400

OK but not great

After reading some UK reviews I settled on this TP-Link MR 6400 4G router for $156 from Officeworks. Easy to set up and connected readily to my network. I am using it to connect to a Wyzecam single camera and so far that seems to work fine. However, when I connect it to my home computer after some minutes it tends to disconnect and is slow to respond. Prior to this I had been been using my mobile hotspot to connect to my computer and that works OK. Only occasionally do I get a three bar connection but it usually sits on two bars. I was expecting it to pull in a strong signal but alas that isn't the case. I just wonder whether a $25 dongle from Kmart may have served my purposes just as well.

Purchased in May 2019.

Tony Fisher70

Tony Fisher70Sydney, NSW

Works just fine

Date PurchasedMay 2018
    Alexhome007

Alexhome007Melbourne

Slower 4G data than a pocket modem and phone hotspot.

These modems are slow.!
    I have purchased 2, One for Optus and One Telstra. Yes they work. But the data speed is terrible.
    With a normal pocket modem I get 20mb down and 5mb up.
    In this modem in the same spot. 4mb down and 0.7mb up? My phone works better on hot spot..!
    I have tested in a number of locations across Victoria. Checked the APN settings.?
    Sorry, I thought these would rock, having big antenna's. Junk in my book. I will feel bad to sell them so I might just bin them.!
    I got these for when i travel, hoping the signal would be better. Gee I wish I had found a good review.
    I just hope I have helped someone else..!

Date PurchasedMar 2018