Tripcover Questions & Answers

Listing monitored by Tripcover

77 questions from our users

Fab
Fabasked

Are you able to supply excess reduction to $0 on a budget 3 ton truck?

Desmond S.Tripcover

No Sorry Fab, as this is considered a commercial vehicle rather than a leisure van for travel

Kim M.
Kim M.asked

Hi do you have annual policies?

Desmond S.Tripcover

Sorry Kim, It is on our wish lists Kim but at present no.

Lindsay N Pam M.
Lindsay N Pam M.asked

If the rental company policy I choose does not cover single vehicle accident/ roll over do you cover the cost of all repairs or only the excess coverage I choose through you?

jamie hassard

Please contact Tripcover direct, their speed of response is exceptional,
it was the level of customer service that prompted my review.

email@tripcover.com.au

Desmond S.Tripcover

yes the policy will cover single vehicle vehicle and over head damage however only up to the value of the policy.

Karen
Karenasked

Does Tripcover cover excess insurance for campervan rental companies such as Camplify, Camptoo etc. ie peer-to-peer platforms. Thanks

Desmond S.Tripcover

I am sorry Karen but we don't cover peer to peer rentals yet.

terry
terryasked

can i get car hire excess insurance with you as i am 78 years old ??

No sorry the Allianz policy only goes up to 75

Desmond S.Tripcover

That is correct Jamie, and sorry Terry.

David C
David Casked

Excellent service from a company with a great excess reduction insurance product.

Correct. :)

This is not the review section David just the question section.

Peter
Peterasked

can I get a quote for an excess of $5000?

No sorry we only have $4000, $6000, & $8000 policies

Gareth Jasked

Im planning a trip to Austrailia for a wedding. I want campervan excess cover of between $5000-$7000 AUD.
My trip is from 11 Sep 20 to 6 Oct 20 (25 days) and although I will be parked at various camp-sites between Cairns and Brisbane during this period, I will be driving between camp-sites. I'm an Institute of Advanced Motorist (HGV Trained) and never had a "at fault" accident in my 33 years of driving but you cannot rule out a Kangaroo jumping out in front of you in Austrailia. Can I get cover for the whole excess?

Hi Gareth,

You’ll have to get in contact with tripcover direct, maybe via email and they will answer all your questions.

Hi Gareth yes we can cover you we policies for up to $4000, $6000 or $8000

Gareth J

Thank you both. I have looked into this and the saving I will be making over the hire companies nil excess policy will be over $1200. The extra holiday cash in my pocket will be spent on local ativities whilst touring in Austrailia and I will be giving $200 to the Fire Damage Fund as a token of my appreciation to you both. Can't wait for the start.

Vladimir
Vladimirasked

I am 76 years old. Can I still get cover ?

Chris Jones
Chris Jones

You need to check with Tripcover

No sorry Vladimir the Allianz policy only goes up to 75

Edmundasked

My car rental access is 6000. I already took up a travel insurance which cover my car rental access up to 2500. Can I just take up the 4000 access package to have full coverage?

Desmond S.Tripcover

Sure Edmund, and when claiming you just inform Allianz and they work out how to reimburse you.
They just don't want you doubling dipping.

Edmund

So, assuming if I have to claim the full AUD 6000. I will claim 2500 from my travel insurance and Tripcover will paid the remaining 3500 to me?

Desmond S.Tripcover

Yes something like that all insurance providers talk, I believe and come up with a solution, you can read more in our PDS https://tripcover.com.au/Allianz_Tripcover_Policy.pdf

Cay
Cayasked

HI,

Does this insurance cover the Searoad ferry trip from Sorrento to Queenscliff?
Thanks.

starof67

If you get in touch with Tripcover they will be able to answer your question. They are very prompt with replies.

Desmond S.Tripcover

Hi Cay yes the policy will cover you on the ferry

Jack
Jackasked

Hi, does it cover Uber Eat Car??

no sorry

Debbie
Debbieasked

does it cover scratches ?

Ram M.
Ram M.asked

Does this cover excess from cars hired from services like CarNextDoor?

Desmond S.Tripcover

no sorry not at this point, we don't do peer to peer rentals or car share, yet

Lisa M.
Lisa M.asked

canadians wishing to rent car in Brisbane Australia for couple of weeks. CC "Visa" discourages accepting collision damage waiver at rental desk-as they will cover vehicle in full . what about 3rd party liability in Au.? Car rental company assumes CTP (comp. 3rd party) while we drive? Our daughter lives in Au. and will be driver for most part-if not all driving -should we consider adding a level of outside insurance coverage?. thxs

Desmond S.Tripcover

"Car rental company assumes CTP (comp. 3rd party) while we drive?" usually they do best to ask them.
and we cover the excess or deductible for that. I cannot give personal advice as to taking out extra cover Lias.

Chris Q
Chris Qasked

Hi, we are thinking of taking out this insurance when hiring a motorhome in New Zealand. If we did need to make a claim, and the excess at the motorhome company is $7500, would we have to pay the full $7500 amount out of our own money, then claim back whatever we have covered ourselves for ($4000 or $6000) from Tripcover? Cheers Chris

Ingrid M
Ingrid Masked

Can I take out insurance once I have picked up the hire car?? Thanks

Desmond S.Tripcover

If you can send me an email verifying that no damage has occurred up to this point and we can use that
as legal tender for the policy. email des @ tripcover.com.au

Chris S.
Chris S.asked

Hello,

I am considering taking a policy for motorhome insurance with yourselves. The excess on the motorhome is 5000AUD.

Obviously, if I take the 6000AUD cover plan this will be fully compensated, however, if I take the 4000AUD cover plan (which is significantly cheaper) I would like to clarify what would happen if I damaged the vehicle exceeding 4000AUD worth of damage.

For example, if I caused 4500AUD worth of damage would I simply pay the 500AUD difference or would I have to pay the full 4500?

Thank you in anticipation of your reply.

You would just be liable for the $500 Chris

Lindsayasked

We will be hiring a 4WD from Hertz for a week in early July. Hertz says that if the vehicle is lost, stolen or damaged, we are responsible for:

"the loss or damage to the vehicle;
the Hertz Claims Management Fee and External Damage Assessment Fee;
any towing and storage charges;
loss of rental income; and
other losses or expenses related to the incident".

The accident excess amount on a 4WD hire is $6,000.

Does Tripcover cover each of these types of claim up to the policy amount ($6,000)? We are particularly concerned about any loss of rental claim by Hertz while a vehicle is being repaired if an accident happens or the vehicle is damaged.

Thank you.

Desmond S.Tripcover

So if the car was stolen they would charge you $6000 and yes our policy covers this and other accidents.
Their loss of use fee is not covered however.

Lindsay

Thank you for your response. Your advice as to the full payout of $6,000 if the car was stolen is what I would have expected.

My question was more directed to each element of what might be claimed by Hertz if the vehicle is damaged. Hertz would charge $50 per day to remove the risk of all of the elements I listed, which makes Tripcover’s premium of $21.56 per day look attractive (and is the reason for my enquiry), but only if Tripcover covers the same risks.

Could you please let me know what the payout by Tripcover/Allianz would be in respect of each of the following components listed by Hertz if I took out a $6,000 excess policy with you, the vehicle was damaged and Hertz made the following claims against me:

Repair of damage to the vehicle $2,000;
Hertz Claims Management Fee and External Damage Assessment Fee $200;
Towing and storage charges $1,000 (Northern Territory);
Loss of rental income $2,400; and
Other losses or expenses related to the incident $400.

Thank you.

Repair of damage to the vehicle $2,000; Yes
Hertz Claims Management Fee and External Damage Assessment Fee $200; Not sure, unless it is part of the excess
Towing and storage charges $1,000 (Northern Territory); Not sure, unless it is part of the excess
Loss of rental income $2,400; and No
Other losses or expenses related to the incident $400. No

Brit T.
Brit T.asked

Hi,
Does Tripcover cover the deposit for the rental car? The car rental company already have my card details but can pay the deposit on the day, Will i still have to pay this deposit once covered by tripcover?

Get an answer from our members and Tripcover representatives

Other Travel Insurance