2Tripcover

Tripcover Questions & Answers

Verifiedtripcover.com.au
DQ S.
DQ S.

Hi there, would like to check if tripcover (au) and tripcover (nz) are under the same company?

Stan
Stan

Hi I am a uk resident and will be on holiday in Australia when hiring the camper,is this relevant can I still get cover from you

M k S
M k S

Hi, what car hire excess amount does this insurance cover upto? I can’t seem to find an amount during the quote process

Shona W.
Shona W.

Are all drivers listed on the rental agreement covered under this insurance, or only the primary driver?

Tripcover   DM

Hi Shona, all drivers eligible to drive the rental vehicle are covered

Stevo
Stevo

Hi, I will be in Sydney for 5 days and then Gold Coast 5 Days. They are consecutive. Basically I drop off the car in Sydney and hop in to another car on the Gold Coast 2 hours later. Do I need to get 2 separate policies or can I get one covering my whole 10 day trip.

Tripcover   DM

Hi Stevo, You will need a separate policy for each rental agreement

Chee Hau C.
Chee Hau C.

Does tripcover cover tourists flying in from other countries? For the car rental excess

Henry
Henry

Does Tripcover cover your rental car excess fee?

Georgia
Georgia

Am i understanding this correctly?...
I'm looking to hire a camper van hire in NZ for 10 days.
Liability Reduction Option with said company is $48/day ($480).
TripCover will cover the same time period for $233.50.
If I purchased the TripCover policy do I then just select the already included "basic cover" with the van rental company which appears to have an excess of up to $7,500?

Peter gyory
Peter gyory

Hi I am looking at hiring a camper-van in Tassie for 5 days approximately how much would this cost?

Roy
Roy

Dose anyone know what is going on with tripcover? does not seem to provide the service anymore...??

Tripcover   DM

Sorry Roy, We have had an issue with our contract with Allianz and are in the process of relaunching shortly. Check back in 1 week

Troy C.
Troy C.

Do you provide coverage if I rent a caravan for a holiday and it is accidentally damaged

Tripcover   DM

Not caravans and only campervans and motorhomes but in Australia we are unfortunately suspended from trading until further notice, due to a change in underwriters, but are still trading in New Zealand. external link

Fab
Fab

Are you able to supply excess reduction to $0 on a budget 3 ton truck?

Tripcover   DM

No Sorry Fab, as this is considered a commercial vehicle rather than a leisure van for travel

Kim M.
Kim M.

Hi do you have annual policies?

Tripcover   DM

Sorry Kim, It is on our wish lists Kim but at present no.

Lindsay N Pam M.
Lindsay N Pam M.

If the rental company policy I choose does not cover single vehicle accident/ roll over do you cover the cost of all repairs or only the excess coverage I choose through you?

jamie hassard

Please contact Tripcover direct, their speed of response is exceptional,
it was the level of customer service that prompted my review.

email@tripcover.com.au

Tripcover   DM

yes the policy will cover single vehicle vehicle and over head damage however only up to the value of the policy.

Karen
Karen

Does Tripcover cover excess insurance for campervan rental companies such as Camplify, Camptoo etc. ie peer-to-peer platforms. Thanks

Tripcover   DM

I am sorry Karen but we don't cover peer to peer rentals yet.

terry
terry

can i get car hire excess insurance with you as i am 78 years old ??

No sorry the Allianz policy only goes up to 75

Tripcover   DM

That is correct Jamie, and sorry Terry.

David C
David C

Excellent service from a company with a great excess reduction insurance product.

Tripcover   DM

Correct. :) This is not the review section David just the question section.

Peter
Peter

can I get a quote for an excess of $5000?

No sorry we only have $4000, $6000, & $8000 policies

Gareth J

Im planning a trip to Austrailia for a wedding. I want campervan excess cover of between $5000-$7000 AUD.
My trip is from 11 Sep 20 to 6 Oct 20 (25 days) and although I will be parked at various camp-sites between Cairns and Brisbane during this period, I will be driving between camp-sites. I'm an Institute of Advanced Motorist (HGV Trained) and never had a "at fault" accident in my 33 years of driving but you cannot rule out a Kangaroo jumping out in front of you in Austrailia. Can I get cover for the whole excess?

starof67
starof67

Hi Gareth,

You’ll have to get in contact with tripcover direct, maybe via email and they will answer all your questions.

Hi Gareth yes we can cover you we policies for up to $4000, $6000 or $8000

Gareth J

Thank you both. I have looked into this and the saving I will be making over the hire companies nil excess policy will be over $1200. The extra holiday cash in my pocket will be spent on local ativities whilst touring in Austrailia and I will be giving $200 to the Fire Damage Fund as a token of my appreciation to you both. Can't wait for the start.

Vladimir
Vladimir

I am 76 years old. Can I still get cover ?

Chris Jones
Chris Jones

You need to check with Tripcover

No sorry Vladimir the Allianz policy only goes up to 75

Edmund

My car rental access is 6000. I already took up a travel insurance which cover my car rental access up to 2500. Can I just take up the 4000 access package to have full coverage?

Tripcover   DM

Sure Edmund, and when claiming you just inform Allianz and they work out how to reimburse you. They just don't want you doubling dipping.

Edmund

So, assuming if I have to claim the full AUD 6000. I will claim 2500 from my travel insurance and Tripcover will paid the remaining 3500 to me?

Tripcover   DM

Yes something like that all insurance providers talk, I believe and come up with a solution, you can read more in our PDS external link

Get an answer from our members and Tripcover representatives

Extra Information