Tyrrell's Chips

Tyrrell's Chips

ALS

ALS

Sea Salt & Cider Vinegar is no more.

This was the only crisps that tasted good. I’m disappointed this is discontinued. If you bring this back I would definitely be purchasing this again. 1 star until you bro g it back.

They always sold out so I don’t understand why you took it off the shelf.

Sea salt & cider vinigar

Disappointing flavour with the Sea salt & cider vinigar. The seasalt doesn't punch through and the cider vinegar is very weak.
If the manufacturer could intensify both of those ingredients I probably give an 8 Out of 10, I will give one star out of five.

Purchased in March 2021 for $1.80.

Zoltan

ZoltanSydney, NSW

Tyrell Mature Cheddar & Chive: where is the cheese flavour??

Total disappointment: these chips don't taste like cheese but, maybe, chicken salt? This was the first and last time I bought this product. Why can't Tyrell make this taste like the name says?

Purchased in February 2021 at Woolworths for $3.50.

Bob

BobGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Life-changing

Tyrrell’s cider vinegar chips were the best rustic chips and my ultimate favorite. Sadly, someone thought these chips needed changing and made them crinkle chips and altered the taste. These chips have gone from the best to the worst. There were no chips on the market that could measure up to these once delicious rustic chip. I hate crinkle chips and sadly Tyrrell’s chips are off my shopping list until they restore them back to a rustic chip!

Purchased in November 2020 at Coles for $4.50.

Craig

CraigSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not sure why they made an awesome crunchy thick chip and changed it to the same as every other chip

They used to be sooo good and thick and crunchy. Now just the same as any other chip. They may have become saltier too. I dont know why they changed it. Now no point of difference and very similar now to redrock deli, kettle ( who also made some negative changes) and smiths thins.

Purchased in January 2021 at Woolworths Physical store for $2.25.

AG P.

AG P.Canberra 2600, ACT

There is no taste

Lightly salted aka no salt and no flavour. These are by far the most tasteless chips I've come across. An they're positioning them as premium, no chance, would return if I could.

Purchased in December 2020 at Coles Supermarkets for $4.50.

Deirdre C.

Deirdre C.Hunter Region, NSW

Loved the cheese and onion crisps before they were crinkle cut - the crunch is great now, but now they are tasteless!

Tasteless now they are crinkle cut. Please go back to crisps.

Purchased in November 2020 at Woolworths Physical store for $3.50.

No to Crinkle Cut!!

Why have you changed to the crinkle cut chip? I don’t understand. They are not good!!! If it ain’t broke... PLEASE BRING BACK THE NORMAL CHIPS!!!

Purchased in October 2020 at Coles for $4.50.

Don’t you dare change your chips to Crinkle Cut!

Please keep your chips the same as Crinkle do not suffice and do not taste as good!

Roth

RothQueensland

From best to very worst ?

When we first bought Tyrrell crisps they were crisp and fresh and tasted so good! Over the past six months they have slowly deteriorated so badly that we cannot buy them ever again ! Such a pity going from best to worst. Not sure of the reason perhaps you guys know the answer. From a disappointed ex fan.

Purchased in October 2020 at Woolworths for $2.99.

Crinkle cut ??!!!! Why

Very disappointing !!?? Why fix something that’s not broken . Salt and vinegar . Not good

Purchased in September 2020 at Coles.

JohnJ

JohnJSouth East Queensland, QLD

Why Crinkle Cut?

I loved Tyrrell's mature cheddar chips and accidentally bought the cheddar cheese and chives crinkle cut chips, they are not nearly as good, why on earth would they change to crinkle cut, such a shame to try to improve on perfection.

Purchased in September 2020 at Coles.

Vvv

VvvGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Why crinkle cut!?! It's dismal

The cheddar and chive chips were my absolute all-time favourite chip. I'll eat no other... if a bag was open near me it'd be empty after ten minutes. Imagine my shock when I saw they were replaced with a crinkle-cut variety! Bought them because it's about the flavour, not the potato - merely a vector - right? Wrong. The crinkle cut shape fails to hold the flavour well and most of the chips in the packet barely had a hint of cheddar. For the price, never again. Such a shame because they were truly excellent chips before the change. That's one way to stop me from snacking, I suppose?

Purchased in August 2020 at Coles for $4.50.

The best

The Sea Salt variety is the best! And note that they have half the salt content of other chips.

Purchased in September 2020 at Coles for $2.25.

Hope

HopeCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Love Love mature cheddar and chive

They are super crunchy, tasty and not greasy. Love the plain chip. Just tried them in crinkle cut ...not a fan. Get the plain next time.

Purchased in September 2020 at IGA.

zurizuri

zurizuri

Ok chips but very small and money goes overseas

These chips taste ok but they are often very small. I like that they use Australian potatoes BUT it is not an Australian owned company so that means all the profits get sent overseas. Small chips and profits don’t stay in Australia means I won’t be buying them again. Support Australian made, Australian OWNED!!

Purchased in June 2020.

Extremely Disappointing

Loved Tyrrells Lightly Sea Salted Crisps until the last packet which contained crisps no bigger than a ten cent piece. Will never buy them again

Purchased in September 2019.

Sue

SueGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

These are the best chips, ever.

Thin, lightly salted, nice oil, very addictive. So much more satisfying and enjoyable

Purchased in November 2019.

Never again

I have started trying to buy more healthy snacks. I have bought a Tyrrell's veg crisps recently, which was very disappointing. The amount of salt which they use is over the moon and hell far from ' healthy and sustainable'...Absolutely I'll never ever purchase any of this company products. If you want a overpriced bag of a salt with the greasy 'crisps' ...go for it......

Purchased in October 2019 at Tesco for $2.20.

Kiri

KiriSydney, NSW

No flavour

Bought the salt and vinegar from cloes they had no flavour at all and werent very crunchy

Purchased in October 2019 at Coles.

Muso

Musoasked

Good evening, my husband loves your mature cheddar cheese & chive crisps and I purchase a few bags every week from Coles supermarket in Sorell, Tasmania. They have always only cost $2.70 per 165g bag of crisps. Today I got the shock of my life when I went to buy them with my usual groceries, the price has increased to $4.50. That’s an increase of $1.80 which is a bit more than 80% price increase. So many other crisp brands are so much cheaper, even when they were $2.70 i found it expensive but now I won’t be able to afford to buy them at that price and refuse to spend that much on crisps anyway. I hope you can explain this exuberant price rise and possibly revue the price. I look forward to hearing back from 1 of your staff members. Kind regards
Rachael Sushames

Boris Yasminsky
Boris Yasminsky

You may recall the saying "Greed is good" from the 1980's, well guess what, that saying is back in fashion.
The only difference this time around is, the product quality is inferior when compared to the 1980's.

Muso