Ubbi Diaper Pail

Ubbi Diaper Pail

See the Best Nappy Disposal Systems in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

harri

harriDarling Downs, QLD

Looks good works bad

Looks stylish and locks in the smells, but like many stylish looking things they aren't practicable to use. Most bins are tapered out at the top to release the contents as it is removed. Not this one, it has straight sides and then a lip at the top to cause and obstruction upon removing the bag. Then there is the bracket inside for securing the bag, which when folded up leaves a square corner on the way to create another obstruction and tear the bag open spilling the nappies out. With three in nappies it's a daily empty and more than half of them get torn open.

Purchased in December 2018.

Wishy

WishyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Economical option for nappy disposal

Purchased in December 2018 at Tiny Fox for $76.67.

Not what I thought it would be

Ok, the design is nice and the fact that you can use any kind of bag is good, but it doesn’t lock odors in... ive just bought arm & hammer bags and odor pods to try and fight it... I hope it works because the smell is AWFUL... I also put some Lysol bacteria killer every time I change the bags. Plus when you want to change the bags, it kind of gets stuck inside and it’s hard to take them out with the fear of them tearing appart.
I don’t think it’s worth the money AT ALL.

Fantastic

I have been using this nappy bin for 3 months so far with no complaints: it looks great, it contains nappy smells, it's very quick and easy to use and empty + so handy that it uses ordinary bin liners (one of the major selling points for me). I am happy with the product and would definitely recommend it.

Eza redMaitland

Excellent!

After being drawn to this product because of its funky designs (we chose white and grey cheveron) I read reviews online and decided to give it a go.
It definitely contains all the smells, holds a decent number of nappies (changing the bag every 2-3 days) and we can use the same bags as we use in the kitchen if we wish. Fits in the corner neatly. Easy to slide lid and a lock for curious toddlers. Great buy!

Saul

SaulGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

No fuss / high quality

M. Buttler

M. ButtlerMelbourne

Great bin that does the job

I bought this bin for my toddler's room after seeing it at a friend's place. I have had it for about a month and I am pretty happy with it. You don't have to buy special bags which is a major plus (and largely why I didn't buy other bins), once the nappy is in the bin it locks in the smell and it looks good. But as mentioned previously, when you open the bin after placing a few pooey nappies in it, the smell escapes and can linger. This wasn't really an issue for as I have placed the bin in our en-suite which is still convenient enough for me.

Overall I am happy with this purchase.

Daamon

Daamon

A Good Bin With EXCELLENT Customer Service

ChloeT

ChloeTAU

Great alternative to traditional nappy bin systems

mo27

mo27AU

best nappy bin - uses normal kitchen bags

This nappy bin has saved me lots of $$$, we still have our original bin stored in the cupboard but we no longer need to purchase the expensive cartridges. The Ubi nappy bin takes double the nappy count and uses normal bags which is a big saving in time and money

vixon84

vixon84Adelaide

Quite Disappointed

Plink

PlinkAdelaide

Not perfect but certainly does the job!

MushiSydney

Excellent product

Although many may consider a nappy dispenser to be a glorified bin... This product is worth every cent. The Ubbi does not require "special bags" unlike all other nappy dispensers which end up costing an arm and leg over time (I use large kitchen garbage bags). The lid slides open which means it keeps the smell that escapes when the lid is open to a minimum (if any at all). The design is great and it looks like a quality product as it's not made of plastic.

I did a lot of research on nappy dispensers before purchasing the Ubbi and am super happy with it.

If you can afford the luxury and have the space for a nappy dispenser, this is the one to go with in my opinion.
Design, cost effectiveness, keeps smell locked in

skeeta
skeeta

how long could you leave nappies in there before it gets too smelly? We will only be using disposables at night so won't need to empty it due to capacity often. Cheers

Sab

Sabasked

Is this bin available in Australia and can I order it online?

Eza red

I purchased mine from Baby bunting in Australia (NSW) and as far as I am aware they were also available on their website.

Beth

Yes there are a number of websites that sell it, just google it.

GEOFFOasked

Hi do you think I could use this bin for my sons Disposable depend real fit underwear The problems are the same just the size is probably a little larger than a nappy I guess it may only mean emptying it a little more often Geoffo

Eza red

Yes, I think you could use this bin with other products such as depends, with regular changing. The bin holds the smell exceptionally well. Odours only escape when lid is open.

ok, thanks I will go & see If I can have a look at one at Baby Bunting locally,

NatalieH

NatalieHasked

I was hoping this bin wouldn't retain the smell once the bag was removed. Any advice on how to avoid smell leeching into the bin? I do think hubby could empty more frequently!

Eza red

Hi Natalie, I purchase a inexpensive 'small space air freshener' from the supermarket and have that in the bottom. I also empty bin every two days. Hope that helps

CategoryNappy Disposal Systems