Unibic Sponge Fingers

3.5

Maria M.

Maria M.Far North Queensland, QLD

Bring back Unibic Sponge Fingers

It's disappointing that we cannot find these sponge fingers on the shop shelves of Woolies, Coles, or IGA anymore. Ital brand is nothing compared to Unibic brand, I use them, to make my family old favourite old Italian Stong Cake recipe..and when I couldn't find them..used the Ital biscuits. Just wasn't the same quality of taste and texture. "Please bring back our Australian made Unibic Sponge Finger biscuits"

Not Happy Jan

Not Happy JanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Ital savoiardi biscuits

Couldn't agree with Nicole and others more. Ital brand are nothing compared to Unibic. They taste bland, amost stale with a terrible texture. I am annoyed that Woolies has replaced a quality Australian product with an inferior import when they should be supporting Australian businesses.

Purchased in September 2020 at Woolworths for $3.00.

Unibic sponge fingers

Perfect for trifles in lieu of sponge cake. Can't seem to find them anymore, Coles please bring them back, will not buy imported.

Flavoured Snacks & Biscuits

Find out how Unibic Sponge Fingers compares to other Flavoured Snacks & Biscuits

Nadia

NadiaSydney, NSW

Where are the Unibic biscuits

Why have these biscuits been discontinued?? They were perfect for tiramisu. Please bring them back

Nicole

NicoleCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Bring back unibic - Italia are dreadful

I bought Italia sponge finger biscuits and they are horrible. They taste stale and dry but floury. No crunch on the outside. I wanted the unibic ones but from this thread it looks like they aren’t available or the same as we remember. Woolies, please stop selling the Italia ones - you are doing a disservice to your customers. Truely the worst biscuit I’ve ever eaten. Would ruin a tiramisu.

Purchased in October 2020 at Woolworths for $3.50.

Unibic - Sponge Finger Biscuits

WHATS HAPPENED to my favourite sponge finger biscuit? Tiramisu does not taste the same using these biscuits and my family did not enjoy it at all. Please let us know why its been changed. :( I don't like to write negative reviews but I am blown away that something so GOOD has just changed. I am so disappointed.

Purchased in October 2020 at Woolworths.

ChrysGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Sponge Fingers. They’re back!

I have found a new Sponge Finger, which taste very similar to the Unibic Sponge Fingers. It is soft and a larger finger. It’s also locally made. The brand is the “Famous Homemade Biscuits”
I found it at Gervasi Foodworks in Brunswick. My Nonna saw them at Lakes Fresh in Taylor’s Lakes.
Tiramisu is now back on the menu.

Purchased in March 2020.

Gabriel Kantor

Gabriel KantorSouth Australia

Unbelievable

I can't believe they are gone. I used to eat these sponge fingers pretty much every day of my life for afternoon tea. I tried the italian imported product and i don't like them at all. No comparison, i really can't believe that a product like this can be discontinued.
I am really sad and disappointed.

Purchased in October 2019 at Coles for $4.99.

10boysandcounting

10boysandcountingMelbourne

So sad they’re gone

I grew up with these sponge finger biscuits. I’ve made tiramisu after tiramisu throughout the years. These were the best sponge finger biscuits on the market. Much nicer than any of the Italian brands. The size was perfect, texture was just right. This Christmas I made tiramisu using another brand. What a disaster!!! My family did not like it. Please please please bring them back!!!!

Purchased in January 2017 for $6.00.

Flavoured Snacks & Biscuits

Has the recipe changed?

I've been using these for deserts for many years, they used to be soft enough to cut in half without breaking up but no longer as they are now too crunchy.
I will have to find another brand.

Joan29

Joan29SYDNEY

The texture has change

The sponge fingers are my favorite and i,ved always made sure that my pantry is always stocked up. I have been buying the sponge fingers for many many years however I,ved notticed that the texture has changed from soft to crunchy. I am now very.disappointed and will not be buying it again till the recipe has been brought back to its original texture.
Light and fluffy