Vanilla Visa Gift Card

Vanilla Visa Gift Card

Mine worked i just want to know how much i have left.

Would not get again tho I thank my friend tho it was a nice gift but I wish it was real cash tho the first time I tried it did not work but now it does.

KMacMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

don't waste your good money

received 2 cards no trouble in the initial purchases both now have $14-$15 remaining which I can see on the balance screen
neither cards will be accepted anywhere!!! not even manually....
seems they profit from money not used (small amounts) which add up, and the activation fees in the beginning

$25.00 Vanilla Visa Gift Card

Received a $25.00 Vanilla Visa Gift Card for Christmas,12/25/2020, today, 1/19/2021 when I used it is was only worth $2.20. I will let the person who gave me this Gift Card know and hope they will never again use a Vanilla Gift Card.

Vanilla Visa Gift Card - Scam

Vanilla Visa Gift card is a scam. I was gifted this and it has an expiry date of 03/22. I admit I did not use right away but I now have tried and did not work. Vanilla Visa advised me my card was closed. If you do not use the card within 6 months of purchase there is monthly service fee of $2.50 for card. This service fee used up my gift balance. Why is there a service fee when the purchaser paid for amount of card and activation fee. Vanilla Visa gets the money spent on card and uses all the value in service fees and the recipient gets nothing. I would not recommend buying this type of gift card.

Was able to use ok in the end

LIZ

LIZGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Scam, scam, scam

This scam of a card. After the generous person has bought this card for you, you only have 6 months to use it. After 6 months they charge $2.50/month until all your funds are used up. I basically used $50 of a $200 card and the rest was used up every month at $2.50.

Eilleen Shields

Eilleen ShieldsVictoria

Vanilla Visa - Do Not Buy This Card

Risky Business
$250 in cards as a gift $100 x 2 and $25 x 2 expiry 2024.. Walked into shop to purchase goods pre Covid and shop did not accept cards. Kept cards until now. $100 and partial funds $25 Card accepted today, with great difficulty, at Woolworths. At home, tried online to check balance of remaining two cards. Help line out of order, no website (chat).
Warning Do not purchase - frustrating, risky, limited shops accepting,creating wait at checkout.
PS this is the first negative feedback I have ever felt compelled to write, the experience has been so bad.

Disappointing and useless

I have tried to use my vanilla visa gift cards on a few occassions only to be told that they are not accepted in all the stores I tried to use them.
You pay a service fee for a card that is unable to be used.
I can't give it a rating as it is not worth any stars

You pay a fee for this card ONLY TO LEARN YOU DO NOT have a balance of $50.00??? brand new card, unopened UNFAIR

Tried to use this $50.00 gift card for Chinese food tonight, 1st the card was declined but after a second try the cashier was able to get $40.00. This cashier tried to run it again for $8.54 but again it was declined! I suppose I should be grateful I was at least able to get the $40.00 but I mean you pay $50.00 for the card PLUS $4.25 FEE to be taken advantage of at the point of sale????

Anis I.

Anis I.South East Queensland, QLD

Vanilla VISA is a SCAM

The pin? There is no way to find out or bypass the pin. Received this as a gift card and was unable to use it in spite of numerous attempts.
Pushing "enter" does not bypass the pin.

DO NOT BUY. Balance is mostly eaten up in fees.

Received this as a generous gift from a friend.
We go to use the card, only to find out that we've been charged $70 for "monthly service fees".
Hard to believe that this is a genuine business cost, given that they don't answer calls (and competitors do not have the same fees)
Disgusting and greedy business practice. AVOID AVOID AVOID.

Baj

BajNorth Queensland, QLD

Absolute disgrace!!!!! DO NO PURCHASE

Complete scam. Went to get a balance on line and couldn’t. Phoned and told my card was suspended- not activated properly at time of purchase. Can’t be activated without full name, address, mobile number, pic of card (front & back) & proof of purchase. Received as a gift so no proof of purchase. Card is now useless and complete waste of money!!!! Buyer be warned!!!! Rating of zero!!

Teesha M

Teesha MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst gift card ever!

This card can not be used at all retailers some eftpos machines won't except it and the fees & charges are ridiculous. If i could give 0 stars i would. Do yourself a favor and buy a different gift card.

Mine worked

Received $250 card back in March. Used it for online purchases (made sure it equalled within .02c) on Dec 13th (9months later) and had full amount. No fees appeared to have been withdrawn. Maybe i was just lucky??

Niche G.

Niche G.

The most useless gift card

I couldnt use a $50 card because the company took all as activation fee. So upsetting. Wouldnt recommend this to anyone. Such a shame. Disgusting company and rude customerecare. I seriously dont understand the purpose of this card.

john

johnGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

DONT BUY THIS CARD - Community service announcement.

Sandy

SandySouth East Queensland, QLD

Do Not Buy one of theses as a gift.

Extremely difficult to use. Then whatever balance is left after 7 months a $2.50 "Service Fee" is deducted every month. Even though the expiry date on the card is for another 2 years. Not sure what the Service Fee is for, there is No Service. Best off, giving cash.

Val

ValPerth, WA

Forewarned and well informed from this website. Had no problems.

Cathy McKay

Cathy McKayHunter Region, NSW

Yet another Scam to Rip People off

Kat

KatMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

You don't need a pin. Just push Enter.

You don't need a pin. Just push Enter when it asks for a pin number. It will then ask for signature verification so ensure you sign the back of the card. The sales person will print a docket for you to sign in order to compare/verify your signature. Initially I too had issues when attempting to use a $100 Visa Vanilla card at Spotlight two days ago but after a tip from someone on this site to bypass pin request (just push Enter) it worked straight away at Coles Port Adelaide. I also had no problem checking the balance online and used the full $100. Having said that, this product is a little dodgy with ease of use and greedy monthly fees. My advice is to use the card straight away to avoid fees and follow the instructions above. Good luck.