Vicks Warm Steam Vaporizer

Vicks Warm Steam Vaporizer

Natural Steam Therapy

With many vaporizers out there, the technology to generate steam is using a ultrasonic plate. However with the Vicks vaporizer I believe that it actually boils the water to create the steam. We have used this for several months now with no problems at all. The vaporsteam solution is very strong and too much will cause discomfort. The unit does not draw too much power. Very happy with the product.

Unit will eventually short circuit and trip your breakers

I bought three of these for $14.95 which is a great price, but two out of the three short circuited. It is scary when a breaker keeps tripping and you don't know what it is. I suspected the vaporizers so I plugged them into power strips to make sure. I am not sure how long I have had them and I don't have any receipts. So for the price they might work for a year or two.

Something gross in the tank

I bought it when my baby was having a cold and I wanted something to ease the stuffy nose , the room humidity level definitely gone up after using ,however I noticed there's some impurities in the tank when I emptied water the next day , I'm using the double strength drops from Vicks so not sure if that's causing it

Hi Creview Don't worry, seeing gritty or flaky residue in the tank is perfectly normal. It's minerals from your tap water, not a fault with the vaporizer or the inhalant. If you live in a hard water area you'll see more of them. Just wash it away when you rinse the vaporizer after use, and make sure you follow the cleaning instructions to prevent mineral scale building up inside. Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other questions or need assistance with cleaning instructions. Freecall 1800 655 841 during business hours. Kind Regards Vicks.

Strong plastic smell

I bought the vaporiser from chemist. I was hoping that it will help my baby to breathe. She was suffering from cold & flue for some time. It works fine with a strong plastic smell. I was wondering whether I let my child sleep with block nose or let her inhale the plastic smell. Went back to the chemist asking whether I could swap the product. There answer was I should use Vicks with the water. Is that how it works? You replace bad plastic smell with strong Vicks smell? I walked out thinking yeah I lost $60

Hello Sammi I'm sorry to hear that you were told this by the chemist. If you had come directly to us you would have received a different answer. It is normal for any brand new plastic device that's heated to initially have a plastic smell, but this should dissipate within one or two uses. If you have a small baby and want the smell gone straight away, you can do what we call a 'Vinegar flush': Fill the vaporiser with water and add 2-3 tablespoons of plain white vinegar. Run the vaporizer as normal overnight or for 6-8 hours during the day. You certainly don't need to use Vicks Vapo Steam to 'cover' the scent, its use is entirely optional. Hope this info helps, and if you need any further advice don't hesitate to give us a call on Freecall 1800 655 841 or email cservice@fgb.com.au. Kind Regards, Vicks.

Pain in the neck

I have been using this to help breath at night for about 2-3 months due to asthma. After my Vaas unit expired I decided to try one on these. Whilst it works ok it can be noisy at times and is an absolute pain in the but to clean. Due to the design of the bowl, it is even difficult to empty the water out daily. The directions advise us to soak the unit in vinegar. Come on guys really. The Vaas unit is much easier to use, clean, is much quieter and costs one third less than the Vicks. If you are after a vaporizer do yourself a favour, walk past this one to the Vaas.

Hi Iggy We're sorry to hear you were disappointed with the design of the Vicks Vaporizer. Your comments and feedback will be passed on to the R&D team. Kind Regards, Vicks.so I have spent $65.00 on a unit that I am not happy with?

Too scared to buy a third!!

I have purchased two of these in two weeks. The first one worked fine for a couple of nights then I plugged it in and it sparked so I felt the cord and it was HOT. Bought another one and it trip a breaker. We plugged it into another outlet and it was sparking and I’m so disappointed.

Hi Lish We're sorry to hear you had two units with this issue. If you've kept your proof of purchase we'll happily arrange a replacement for both. Freecall 1800 655 841 or email cservice@fgb.com.au. Kind Regards, Vicks.I do have them but unfortunately im not willing to try again

Pneumonia

I purchased it last week as I was very very sick with pnuemonia and on medication and cough was a nightmare dry and stubborn ... Literally should have been in hospital as it was getting worse after days of medication only.... However I went to pharmacy and purchased the vaporiser as I couldn't sleep for days due to this coughing....i loaded it with the Vick's double strength.... It soothed and moisten my chest after the first night...i coughed up so much phlegm I didn't know was there... used it 4 nights and it loosened my respiratory tract... Coughing eased and all phlegm was coming up nicely.....day 5 I feel so much better...but still will keep going and see the Dr tomorrow to touch base.... However, I think Vick's saved my life....

Hi Klara, thankyou so much for taking the time to add your review. It's wonderful to hear the Vicks Vaporizer helped you so much. It is definitely fantastic for congestion. Hope you are back to good health very soon. Kind Regards, Vicks.

Love it!

We bought one when my bub was sick with a cold. It runs almost all night before switching itself off when it’s empty.
It works so well. Bub always sleeps better when he is sick and has the vapouriser on. It is also only warm steam out of the top so can’t burn in case you get too close.
We use with the Vick’s bottle of essential oil and it’s strong and helps clear blocked noses.
Highly recommend!

Hi Rebekah Thankyou so much for your wonderful feedback! It's great to hear the Vicks Vaporizer has helped your bub breathe easier and sleep better. We appreciate you adding your review. Kind Regards, Vicks.

A godsend!

Cannot recommend enough! My 4 year old has been battling nasty cold and flu symptoms for a few days, mainly a persistent and terrible cough. The nights are the worst.. I purchased the vaporizer today and am using it with only water due do allergies to ingredients in the vaporizer liquid. My daughter is sleeping soundly for the first time in days thanks to the vaporizer, which means I will be able to as well. Thank you Vick's, from one tired mumma

Hi Kirstie Thanks so much for your amazing feedback. It's an important point that the Vaporizer can be used without inhalant, if you can't or don't want to use it, because the therapeutic effect of the steam itself is the most significant part. So glad to hear it has helped you and your little one fight those cold and flu symptoms and sleep more comfortably. Thankyou for adding your review, and wish you and your family the best of health. Kind Regards, Vicks.

The worst designed product

I bought it from Terry white and one of the worst designed product in the recent times. The lid can't be opened easily and one has to put a lot of pressure to open it. In this process I hurt myself with scratches and bruises. I had to throw it out and buy another one, medeScan. Even though it is easier to use, I am facing other issues.

Terrible

We have bought 2 vaporizers and they both cut the power to our house. We are not happy with it and i dont think we will be purchasing another one.

Great for my little one

Have older model. Used with vicks inhalant is really helped my 5mo when he was suffering from bronchiolitis. Put it in his room and he was able to sleep during the night, cough less and releieve congestion

Hi Teesh That's so wonderful to hear! Thankyou for sharing your feedback, we really appreciate it and we're glad the Vicks Vaporizer is helping your little one :) Kind Regards, Vicks.

Not happy

I have brought 2 of your vaporisers the first one blow up, the second one i short circuits the power to my house I have replaced it so now that means I’m on my third vaporiser.

Hi Michelle We're very sorry to hear this. There are still some faulty units out there and unfortunately it looks like you've been unlucky enough to have got two. We are always happy to replace faulty units under the 5 year warranty. If you still have your old one, and proof of purchase we are happy to go through this process with you. Freecall 1800 655 841 during business hours or email cservice@fgb.com.au. Kind Regards, Vicks.

Does what it says!

Bought this to put in my sons room who gets the odd cold. Works well with the aircon and is very safe and easy to use too. I would recommend it.

Thankyou for the wonderful feedback! So kind of you to share your thoughts. Wishing you and your family a healthy & happy winter. Kind Regards, Vicks.

Faulty design

My husband and I have bought 2 of these and although they work well to relieve symptoms of colds and flu in my child I've had to stop using both as they short out our safety switch when plugged in? I know you said they have a 5 yr warranty but bought 2 now and they are both done the same thing. Plus after reading some of the other reviews on here it sounds like it's either a faulty batch of a faulty design in general. I don't have the receipt for either but could look at past bank statements to find proof of purchase but how do I know this won't keep happening if I get replacements?

Hi Belinda Yes it's been identified as a faulty batch - these are no longer being sold and any known stock was retrieved but we still get the odd ones still out there. It's unfortunate you had two but not unheard of, especially if purchased from the same retailer. If you have proof of purchase (including a bank statement) we can guarantee your replacement model won't be from the faulty batch. Let us know if you'd like to proceed. Freecall 1800 655 841 during business hours or email your proof of purchase and contact details to cservice@fgb.com.au. Kind Regards, Vicks.

Good to use if you want mold spores

The design ensures you can't actually scrub and clean it.. so eventually it will build up with mold. Other than that extreme danger... yes it pumps warm humid steam in to the air.

Two purchased and both have tripped our power

We purchased this and it worked wonderfully but then it started tripping our power. We bought another one and it too has started to trip our power and we have only had this one for maybe a month or a little while longer. Very disappointed. Hopefully Vicks actually does a recall because this clearly is happening to other people who have purchased their product.

Relatively quiet and lasts long through the night

I haven’t had any problems with the jump mentioned in previous reviews. The noise is like white noise which helps bub go to sleep and I find the noise quite soothing and it’s relatively quiet. When maximum water is used it goes for more than 6 hours and it switches off automatically when the water is below a certain level.

Wonderful feedback, thankyou very much Sarena. We really appreciate you adding your review, and glad the Vicks Vaporizer has helped you and your family. Kind Regards, Vicks.

Terrible design

Terrible design. Impossible to empty or clean. Holds mold. No switch on unit making It difficult to turn on each time if power in a difficult spot. Don’t waste money!!

Satisfied - Tried and Tested

A great product! Was a little sceptical at first but decided to invest on one as I had a head cold that became a chest infection. With thick mucus and finding hard to breathe, rubbed Vicks on chest, back and nose ( it helped a little) but needed something more. Can't be sleeping of recliner forever, decided to invest on Vicks Vaporiser and it has helped me adjourned from recliner to bed. It has become my best buddy.

That's fantastic to hear Fazee - thankyou very much for taking the time to leave your review. Hope you are feeling better soon. Kind Regards, Vicks.

Hello. Last night I run my new Vicks warm steam vaporiser, the one with the white plastic base and motor on top with a blue lid. I turned it on at about 2 am and it worked great, stopped my cough. By 7.30 in the morning I no longer could hear the boiling noise but it was still on and hot to the touch. I am not sure about if steam was coming out. How long is it supposed to last when starting full and should the sound be heard all the time to the very end? I thought that it would last longer. Thanks : )
Hi Julieta The Vicks Vaporizer runs for approximately 12 hours with a full tank of water. The fact the bubbling sound reduced doesn't mean it wasn't working. Some people do find as the water level decreases, bubbling gets less. It's also very normal for the unit to become hot, and you won't necessarily see steam coming out. As long as the water level is getting less, and the room feels humid, you can be pretty sure it's working. If you are still concerned give our customer service team a call, they can talk you through troubleshooting etc. Freecall 1800 655 841 during business hours. Kind Regards, Vicks.

Brand new unit not heating at all. Added salt and nada. The light comes on but no warmth. Any ideas?

I have had my humidifier for 9 years . No problems but am scared of fire hazard as it is so old . Would it be best to buy another ?
Hi Maldonado We've never had a fire attributed to a Vicks Vaporizer of any age in the 20 years they've been sold in Australia. There's excellent overheat protection and if it develops a fault, it will short out your main power rather than malfunctioning in any way. However after 9 years, you will have significant buildup of limescale and minerals inside from your tap water, which can affect its operation, even if it's been cleaned regularly. This may be a reason you'd consider replacing it, but if you're happy with the performance, there's really no need. Hope this helps! Kind Regards, Vicks.

Warm Steam Vaporizer