Vicks Warm Steam Vaporizer

Vicks Warm Steam Vaporizer

• Smell

Pia Parrella
Pia ParrellaPerth, WA

Onto our second unit and both trip the power!

We have been gifted 2 units and when working are amazing. But after a few uses they start to trip the household power.
Which in the middle of a cold winters night is not ideal, as the baby’s oil heater and white noise machine all get turned off too.
Lucky my monitor has an alarm when the power goes off or I would never have know and my baby would’ve been sleeping in a freezing cold room all night!
I don’t think we’ll try a third unit but look into another brand. Very disappointing

Leesh
LeeshPerth, WA

Best quality

We have had ours for over 12 years and it stopped working finally. It’s was brilliant and it helped my child’s bronchial problems every winter and sometimes summer. As it stopped working today I hate I have to put my child in the steamy cold bathroom so he can breathe

Purchased in June 2009 for $55.00.

Charles S.
Charles S.South East Queensland, QLD

Keeps tripping the breakers

Good for a while than the stupid thing keeps tripping the safety breakers. Can't use it after it starts tripping the breakers. This is second unit and now we know for sure its a defective design. Not a one off bad product or batch, its actually a bad defective design of the product with the internal electricals. Don't waste your money on this. Not worth the money and not safe.

Purchased in October 2020 for $60.00.

Tahnee
TahneeBrisbane

Power cuts out

This is the second unit we have that when plugged in turns the power off! I no longer have the receipt and it is absolutely frustrating as we have 2 units that do not work. Complete waste of money

Purchased in May 2019 at Baby Bunting for $60.00.

Citibank haterGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Burnt plastic smell

Only had our vicks vaporiser for 5 weeks and I put it on in our baby’s room one night and all u can smell is burnt plastic, surly it should last longer then 5 weeks

Purchased in March 2021 at Chemist Warehouse for $18.00.

Citibank hater

Ok I’ll try that , I have put the cleaning tablets in it your ment to use to

Sian Evans
Sian EvansSouth East Queensland, QLD

Keeps tripping my power and have to plug and unplug to get it to work often. It’s dangerous. Most awful to clean

Why don’t these have power switches?
I had issues for ages with it just not switching on having to plug, unplug, switch on and off at the wall to get the light to come on. Eventually it just kept tripping the power off from my whole house so I had to throw it away. Seems this is a common problem and yet there has been no design upgrade in years upon years. How are these even Australian standard? They are a hazard for electrical fault. They are also a very bad design as they cannot be completely emptied of water and thus grow mildew and mould when not in use. Really vicks? You couldn’t come up with anything better still?!

Purchased in March 2015 at Big W for $60.00.

Lulu
Lulu

A Great Product

I bought a used one some time ago because the eukybear was really euky because of constantly generating mold. I found the Vicks vapo much easier to clean and fill. I also managed to open the steam part so I could clean but failed to read the instructions on how to open and actually ended up breaking the locking mechanism. Now I’m not sure if it’s safe to leave it overnight and therefore planning to buy a new one. People this is a good product, read the instructions for opening and cleaning and you won’t have any trouble. I loved it and very impressed about how I can leave it overnight without concerns. It’s a great help in winters!

scammer68
scammer68Sydney, NSW

Design and use issues leave a lot to be desired

Warm steam really helps with my breathing, sinus snd coughing issues. I bought this cheaper unit, then realised why it was cheap. So hard to fill up, worse to clean out. Seems to suffer from issues when it's not quite full enough, I have to turn it on/off several times to get it to come on. Think I'll get a better one this winter.

Purchased in June 2020 at Soul Pattinson for $55.00.

Tally D
Tally D

Started out good but pain to clean

We bought this before having my first daughter and it started off really good. never had any real issues with it per se however the shape made it very hard to drain completely and clean properly. Eventually it became more of a hassle to pull out and use just for having to clean it again. It did also begin to get noisy after several months of infrequent use and I agree the cord is not long enough. pulling it out to use with my next child i discovered even after a proper clean before putting it away again it has grown mildew in the steam unit and i am unsure how to even begin trying to pull it apart to clean within so will be getting rid of it

Purchased in July 2018.

Defective Device

Ordered this unit twice. One for my house and one for my daughter’s home. We were only able to use both units once before it started tripping the breakers. I bought surge protectors hoping this would help and it continued to cause the same issue after about 5 minutes of running. I wish I would have read the reviews before purchasing. Very disappointed as we both needed these to work desperately. They should remove these from the shelves as there is clearly a design issue.

Purchased in December 2020 at CVS.

Noise Level

New to humidifiers but...

I am new to humidifiers but I purchased the cheapest Vicks humidifier I could because I’m struggling on money currently but I’m am totally satisfied it has helped relieved some of my symptoms 100% for sure I was having trouble breathing all day for three different days and added the equate med vape steam liquid and it helped me breathe through my nose for whatever reason I’m having trouble breathing out of my mouth and have no trouble breathing through my nose as long as I can breathe through my nose it certainly helped me breathe

Purchased in December 2020.

I love it but

It’s been working great & it’s helped with my sinuses ALOT. Today I saw an electrical spark right by the green light I immediately unplugged it & super scared to plug it in. Bummed because I need it to sleep.

Purchased in October 2020 at CVS for $25.00.

Humidifier keeps tripping circuit

We brought a Vicks humidifier just few days back...it worked for a day proper and then just keeps tripping our circuit...

We initially thought it's something else but after investigating all the connections it was the humidifier causing the problem...

Purchased in October 2020 for $5.00.

Rachel H.
Rachel H.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Ok. But needs longer cord

way to pricey, electrical cord is WAY to short, Hard to see max line for water, water tank big and bulky..Needs settings, works flat out all the time.. not recommend.disappointed.

Purchased in October 2020 at Chemist Australia for $65.00.

Sarah
SarahSouth East Queensland, QLD

Trips out shortly after starting.

I bought this item 2 months ago for my baby who was suffering with congestion. After the 3rd use the vaporiser would trip the power and refuse to work. It was expensive ($66) especially when you don't have much money and made me feel ripped off. Was very difficult seeing my baby suffer when it worked the first 2 nights.

Purchased in August 2020 at Big W for $66.00.